Hello, from Joe, I'm British, living In Barcelona, Spain

Hi Justin and the community.
I think I may have been original follower many moons passed.
I gave up playing in around 1993 due to an incident that I will not share and being an old guy now two points to share amongst you all. I have at least 14 guitars, not sure as most been in storage since 2009, but I digress.
Justin, can you tab the Frijid Pink version, 1968? version of House of the Rising son? You’ll like that one. Second, to play Silver Machine without effects, a 3 pound Kay? wah pedal, nailed it on that.
I have a rather large quantity of pick ups, bridges, more or less anything for guitar building in boxes, many of which have never been opened.
I fully appreciate that is probably inappropriate but I don’t do ebay or social media. Thousands of pounds worth that I just dump
For example I have 4 Peavy Scorpion 12" speakers that never made it to empty Marshall 4 x 12. Was converted by one of the sound guys to 2 x 12. Still have that but the mice have feasted upon it.
Anyway, my email is this BUT I don’t pay microsoft so response is very, very difficult for me.

Again, I’m sorry Justin, I have so much that could help, box with at least 20 DiMazio and Mighty Mite pick ups, some very old. Came with old fender and Gibson pick ups so they maybe some “gold” amongst them.

Hi Joe,
Welcome here and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings Rogier

Hi Joe and welcome,
Great decision there!
Playing music with your daughter and having fun with could bring you some huge joy, so go for it,
Cheers
Ruaridh

1 Like

Hi JokoMuu,

Thanks for your welcome! So here is my new guitar… I think it’s stunning (@CATMAN62 ). I bought it this week. I also bought an amp (a Vox Pathfinder 10), strap, strings, a tuner, some picks and the case. An expensive week, but when I saw how much some of the Gibsons were I thought I got a classy set-up with huge bang for my buck. The only thing I missing is the jack adaptor to plug my headphones in, so until I get that my wife, dog and two cats will have to cover their ears with hands and paws.
If you like blue guitars, here’s its sibling.

5 Likes

Cheers Rogier - much appreciated!

2 Likes

Stunning is an understatement!!! Beautiful!!! Play well, Padawan!!! :clap:t2::v:t2::+1:t2:

Tod

She is a real beauty :sun_with_face: The blue one… not bad either…something worth considering :nerd_face:

Welcome to the community Joe.

I’ve got one too. Lovely guitars. You’re going to have lots of fun with it. That’s for sure.

Thanks Ruaridh! It’s early days yet but I’m looking forward to the ups (and downs) of learning.

Thanks Socio! I’m sure I will too.

Welcome beautiful guitars

Welcome Joe, very nice looking guitar.

Joe, welcome aboard. I started last year when I took my granddaughter for guitar lessons. You came to the right place!

Hi Joe
Welcome! :smiley:
That’s awesome that you and your daughter are learning the guitar together!
And beautiful guitar!

that’s the spirit! :laughing:

Sorry, Malz. I seemed to have missed thanking you for your welcome, so a belated thanks! I was restricted to a certain number of posts, which I’d exceeded. Anyway, I’ve been told to check you and your daughter out performing together, which I will do in good time. Currently, I’m struggling with the D and A chords and sore fingertips, Justin assures me that this is perfectly normal in the first few weeks, so I’ll practising. My daughter has gone AWOL for the time being, so I’m very much a soloist. Let’s see if that changes…
Cheers!

1 Like

Ta, LunaRocket!

1 Like

Thanks Jasmine. My daughter is skipping practice at the mo’, so I’m advancing her at a pace that would make tortoise take pity on me… but hey, it’s progress!

1 Like

Thank you for your encouragement, Roch! And, yes, so far I’ve enjoyed learning with Justin’s videos and the kindness shown by the community. The right place indeed!

Cheers Jason!

Hello and welcome to our community Joe. :slight_smile:

A very nice looking guitar and I hope you get many years of happiness from it.

Yes! That’s the attitude.