Hello from Patrick a newbie at the age of 67!

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to say hello to a nice group of people. Been on the site and playing the acoustic fir the past 3 months. Great to have such an encouraging and knowledgeable instructor such as Justin. One of a kind
but all you guys and girls know that. Been a New Yorker most of my life and have moved to the Boston area. I’m very much enjoying my small improvement steps. Looking forward to my 100th year performance at the Paramount in New York in 33 years. I should be at level six by then ! Again nice to be here.

13 Likes

As I always say “You’re never to old to rock n roll”

Welcome to the Community Patrick :wave:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I was also 67 when I started. Six years later, I’m still plugging away. Welcome, and have fun!

2 Likes

Hey Patrick. Great stuff. Welcome to the community. Rock and roll!!!

1 Like

You’re not alone Patrick. Welcome to our merry band. Have a look here!
Older guitar students - can ‘old dogs’ learn new tricks?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Patrick

1 Like

Hi Patrick, Welcome to community. I’m about an hour north of you near Portsmouth, NH. While I played some when I was younger, I got serious about learning with Justin when I was 67. I’m 70 now and a much better player than I ever was. I’m up for a 100th year performance if you need a second guitar player. If what you need is a bass for the band, NP, I’ve got 30 years to learn it :smiley:
Enjoy the journey.

3 Likes

Welcome young man! This is the place to be if you want to improve your guitar skills among friends.

1 Like

nhh2oskr

I’m going to take you up on that offer. At age 100
beggars can’t be choosers. Nice to meet you. I see
Portsmouth has a healthy live music scene. Yes ?

1 Like

Hello Patrick, welcome to the community. I started playing again last February, at 66. Right there with you.

1 Like

Get your kicks at age 66. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Works for me.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello Patrick and welcome to the community :wave:t2: :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Patrick, welcome to the community! Definitely the right decision to start learning at 67. Have fun and enjoy your future with your guitar (-s).

1 Like

Hi Patrick,
Welcome and i wish you a lot of fun, :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

@nightwatchman For a relatively small area, it does have a vibrant music scene. It’s especially fun in the warm weather with frequent outdoor venues. I hope you’re enjoying the move to Boston.

1 Like

Hi and welcome Patrick. New Yorkers are fabulous. As a Brit lve never felt more welcome anywhere in the world than NYC. Can’t wait to visit again. I’ll bring my guitar. I’m 56 and started at 55……so I won’t be impressing anyone :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome Patrick. Glad to see you are setting some solid goals. Hope you have a great journey.

1 Like

Hi Patrick! I’ll join you for the 100th. I started in June this year at 67 as well. Justin is the best! Can’t believe how much I progressed in less than 6 months. Took lessons as a youth over 50 years ago and resigned myself to the fact I was not meant to play guitar. Can’t look back at time lost but the right instructor made the difference! Thank you Justin!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the warm encouraging hellos. I feel that I’m finally
learning a bit and may get past that threshold of no return.

1 Like

Hello Patrick and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

I hope you enjoy your time here.

1 Like