Hi i am Tjeerd in Germany

I have been playing some time. Got my first Guitar in the 1970’s, and strummed a little, and tried to fingerpick a lttle. Travelled around a lot since then, and never got to play with other people much. Got back into playing guitar from 2013, and started to learn a little singing as well. Got myself Justin Guitar Songbooks, and worked through some of the songs that I had heard before (Gosh all those 80’s and 90’s songs which I missed and did not know ) Found myself some places and people to play with, have been doing some workshops and DVD courses, and am working on my country blues repertoire, as well as jamming skills. These days I play together with people playing the Bluesharp. There are still so many things to learn…

Where ever I am in this journey, I would not have gotten here without the materials I got from Justin’s website and Youtube channel. So a big thanks for that.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum Tjeerd. You’re in good company here, lots of people with a similar back story.

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

Loads to explore

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You and me both Tjeerd, I rocked up here late '13 and had the same thoughts with the BSBs ! Welcome sir, good to meet you.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello Tjeerd, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.

You’re absolutely right, Justins books, course, and song tutorials are fantastic :star_struck:. I’m just at the beginning of my guitar journey, and so happy, that I’ve found Justin Guitar :smiley:.

I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend :grinning:.

1 Like

Hoi Tjeerd,
Welkom ,and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Tjeerd, welcome to the community. That’s a sentiment that rings true for me as well. My parents were both from Germany, I sure enjoyed visiting Germany back in 2006.

1 Like

Hi Tjeerd,
Or should I say, “Gutten Tag Tjeerd - Wei Gehts?” Milos here from Queensland Australia. Sorry if my attempt at speaking/writing in German was wrong - haven’t attempted it since about 1974 when I was learning it in High School :astonished: Welcome to the Community - I think you will find that there are a lot of us here with similar experiences and the same love of music and guitars.
Regards
Milos

1 Like

Hi Tjeerd and welcome :wave: Seems a terrific background and experience you have, great to have you here!

1 Like

Hi Tjeerd, hello from another German here! Nice to read your story. Have a good time in the community!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the Community! So nice that you could make some music throughout the years and playing with other people too! :blush:

1 Like

Welcome Tjeerd. Plenty of material from Justin to keep you going for years.

1 Like

Thank you to all for the warm welcome!

1 Like

Hello Tjeerd and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Sounds like you needed a travel guitar. :wink:

1 Like

Hello Tjeers, a slightly belated welcome to the community.
Wow, what a guitar journey you have been on and continue to enjoy.
I love the fact that you saw learning opportunities in new songs and new genres, in things that were not familiar to you. Kudos for being open to that and embracing it all.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator