Hotel California by Eagles Lesson

I apologize if this has already been addressed. Hotel California is the top requested song and it appears Justin had already built a lesson.
I can not view the lesson because of blocked content. “Video unavailable
This video contains content from UMPG Publishing, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds”
Why blocked?
And why was it in grade 2? Was it a simplified version?
I would love to see a more advanced lesson.
Regards

This is your answer right here. The Pubisher has blocked the video. There is nothing Justin can do if a publisher blocks a video.

1 Like

The Eagles are IP juggernauts. If they even have a hint someone is thinking about one of their songs, the ban hammer is coming.

3 Likes

Well… you’ll have to move - I still have access to the video over here at the other side of the Atlantic :slight_smile:

I also have the video in Canada. UMPG must only have rights in the US

I learned the intro at least from Andy’s excellent tutorial at shutupandplay.ca
It was temporarily blocked there as well, but is available again. It is as played on the album.

1 Like

works fine here in philippines on the web lesson, although its not in the app which is a bit annoying

Thanks Justin, I’m really glad I subscribed to your great lessons (videos + tabs). But what happened with your tutorial on Hotel California? I’ve just started learning it, and suddenly the video isn’t available anymore! Are you going to put it back on?

This explains where it went

Hi @cgueissaz

Hi all,

I understand that this lesson has been taken done. My question is for anyone who was able to watch the lesson before it was taken down. Does anyone remember what Justin’s recommended approach was to playing the intro? Chords and strumming I can work out myself but would love to know if Justin (or anyone else on this site) has any tips around the picking pattern before the first verse kicks in.

Hi ,
Capo on the 7th fret and start with an Em relative to the capo…and pick individual notes…have fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Thanks Roger, much appreciated