In 2022 we mourn the death and celebrate the life of

Completely shocked and sad, they were during tour on SA, about to play on Grammys early April. He was heart and soul of this band what a loss. Not only he was an awesome drummer but he was hell of a singer too, will always remember his performance on Wembley with part of Led Zeppelin.

@dave.pritchard101 that was unbelievable moment still get goosebumps when I watch it.

5 Likes

With you Adi, always hits me with goosebumps each time I see it ! :sob:

1 Like

The Foo Fighters are my favorite band, and I was devastated. The band has helped me in more ways than one, and I really appreciate the 25 years Taylor Hawkins was apart of it.

As my own little tribute to him, I learned “My Hero” and “Learn to Fly”

2 Likes

the truth

Jan Rot

It’s a gloomy day today for music and entertainment loving Holland,
A very beautiful person has passed away, many will miss him in many ways,…

Rogier… :sunflower:

3 Likes

Jerry Doucette passed away on April 18th. Another great player from my youth
Most Canadians over 50 will know him for his song Mama Let Him Play.

1 Like

Zanger en componist Henny Vrienten
This one comes in hard…I wouldn’t know which song I would like to let you hear…Doe Maar…“his” band has made so much good music,…
:sunflower:

Man, that’s downright amazing. So much fun watching all those drummers in sync.

1 Like

Naomi Judd.

I drove a taxi my last 2 years of university and the summer between, so it was 1985 or '86 when I picked up the Judds and a bodyguard at our local airport, brought them to a hotel next to the Community Auditorium where they would be playing, waited awhile, drove Naomi and the bodyguard to Intercity Mall, waited awhile, and took them back to the hotel. At that time I didn’t even know who they were. It was relatively early in their duo career, and I didn’t listen to country music. Some years later Wynonna came back to town on a solo tour, and Krista and I went to see her. I still didn’t know much of her music (still don’t), but I recognized a few. And wow that woman has ‘it’. It was a great concert. We’ve laughed about these stories over the years, ‘remember when you drove the Judds and didn’t know who they were?’. And it’s heartbreaking now that Naomi has died, from mental health issues, having taken her own life. I think often that music saves many of us, but sadly it wasn’t enough for Naomi, nor was her family, or friends. It sounds like she was so open about her struggles, and it’s so very sad that she fell to them anyway. Suicide should not be one of the remaining few taboo subjects to talk about. Let’s all reach out wherever we can and share the love. I went to hear a keynote address by Meg Wheatley 10ish years ago. I spoke to her after that, telling her that my 16-year old nephew had killed himself 10 or so years before then. She told me that suicide is a disease of not belonging. We all belong. Let’s make sure everybody knows that.

RIP Naomi. You shared some amazing music.

8 Likes

@Mari63

Don’t usually reply but your story moved me more than usual. My wife had a cousin who committed suicide. And I have always wanted to read Meg Wheatley’s Leadership and the New Science but just haven’t got there yet.

3 Likes

It’s a heartbreaking conversation, David, but I believe very strongly that it shouldn’t stay in the shadows.

2 Likes

As it happens I completed a MHFA course (https://mhfainternational.org/) this week*, and one of the major parts of it was about how to spot and approach someone that may be in a crisis situation; as part of this we spent a lot of time on myths around suicide (there’s a short, initial list here: Myths about suicide).

A point was made by our trainer that one of the best questions to ask someone that has expressed thoughts about harming themselves (including suicide) is, “Do you want to be dead forever, or just right now?”, since often suicide is seen as a way to stop [mental] pain that is occurring in the moment, and due to the situation a person is in they may not be thinking any further than that or able to consider any other coping strategy (or may have got into a crisis situation through poor coping strategies, such as alcohol or drugs).

* Really interesting, I highly recommend it, and I hope I won’t bee in too many situations where I need to use it.

4 Likes

Just found out that Alan White the drummer from Yes has died at the age of 72.

1 Like

Andy “Fletch” Fletcher** , the co-founder and keyboardist of beloved synth-pop and New Wave stalwarts Depeche Mode, died at the age of 60.

AND

Ray Liotta, one of the stars in my all-time favourite movie Goodfella’s died as well

DAMN :frowning:

1 Like

My Mum.
Last week.
xx
:heart:
:cry:

9 Likes

So sorry to hear Richard.
Heartfelt condolences xxx

4 Likes

Sorry to hear Richard, all my condolences and thoughts.

3 Likes

My condolences Richard
The lose of a parent is never easy, keep her memory close to your heart.

3 Likes

My condolences to you and the family Richard.

3 Likes

Shit huge condolences Richard. I know with the circumstances, it was expected but never easy when it comes. Sorry for the expletive. Feel for you my dear friend. Dump on me if you need an outlet.

Toby
:cry:

2 Likes

condolences Richard, hope you can focus on happy memories.

2 Likes