In 2024 we mourn the death & celebrate the life of

Every Filipino band doing USO shows in Viet Nam played it, including having all the band members walk off stage while the drummer did the extended solo.

1 Like

… greatest film ever made…?

1 Like

One of my all time artists. In fact she is one of the reasons I want to learn to speak French

1 Like

Not music related but an icon in his own right. Baseball legend Willie Mays passed awat at 93.

1 Like

Arguably the greatest all-around player ever. Great defensive center fielder, great base runner, hit for average, hit for power. RIP to the “Say Hey Kid.”

2 Likes

Though not a musician, Donald Sutherland was one of the greatest actors of the past 60-odd years.

3 Likes

u_5aeaf457-190c-4583-9728-373fac18109c

2 Likes

Shoot one my favourite actors.

Our old dogs thread always gave me an excuse to use the trim from Kelly Heroes.

RIP DS :cry:

2 Likes

Another Canadian icon. We’re running out of celebrities.

3 Likes

At least you had some to start with. No youngsters coming through ?

Not that I know of Avril Lavigne is dam near 40 and we don’t talk about Justin Bieber. All tho he has settled down since he got married.

2 Likes

Who ??? :rofl:

1 Like

She still skate boarding ? One day I’ll cover her Wish You Were Here (yes weirdly the Madman likeS the song !) and do the ultimate Open Mic intro stitch up. Tonight I’ll be playing Wish You Were Here :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey Rick @stitch & Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner ,

There’s still a lot of Canadians out there singing & playing music…

K.D. Lang, Barenaked Ladies, Terri Clark, Alessia Cara, Nelly Furtado, Anne Murray, Loverboy (yes, they’re still touring!), Bryan Adams, Shawn Mendes, Sarah McLachlan, Alanis Morisette, The Weeknd, Shania Twain, Drake… even Celine Dion. Canada’s legacy includes The Guess Who, Jonie Mitchell, Neil Young, Rush, The Band, Gordon Lightfoot & Hank Snow! Even Michael Buble!!!

I’m not even Canadian… there’s probably a bunch more that I’d know if I were a Canuck!!!

Tod

1 Like

@CATMAN62
Hate to tell you this but eveyone on that list is either over 60 or pretty close to it.
Joni Mitchell is 80, Neil Young is 78 and the younger of the crowd who is from my home province KD Lang is 63.
Robbie Robertson of the band died last Aug, Gordon Lightfoot died in May, Neil Peart of Rush has past. I could keep going on. Like I said we’re running out of celebrities.

Shawn Mendez is still a youngster at 25 so maybe theres hope.

2 Likes

@stitch Hey Rick saw this an thought of you !

Flying the flag for Canada (on a hideous chop) :rofl:

She’s Switzerland problem now. She’s lived there since 1998.

1 Like

Kinky Friedman (& the Texas Jewboys)

I saw the Kinkster play in a pub in Dublin back in the nineties. Funny guy. Very affable.
He was also an author and politician.
Here’s a clip with some storytelling followed by the song Ride ’em Jewboy about 5 minutes in.
Being an extrovert Jew from Texas, he has some very politically incorrect songs such as A**hole from El Paso and They don’t make Jews like Jesus anymore

“Find what you like in life- and let it kill you”
“Jesus loves you can be very comforting- unless you’re in a Mexican jail”

RIP Kinky Friedman