In memory of Gordon Lightfoot

Hi Justineer’s ,
I thought I would post an older cover I did of Gordon Lightfoot If You Could Read My Mind. We lost a treasure with his passing. His music is hauntingly beautiful. It will remain though Gordon will sadly be missed. :disappointed_relieved:
RonG
[If You Could Read My Mind by Gordon Lightfoot cover - YouTube]

11 Likes

A wonderful cover :clap:

1 Like

Very well done!
Love this classic, and a fitting tribute to a great artist and legend!!!
Lovely set-up and beautiful emotional singing!
Simply lovely!!!

1 Like

Hi Ron, sounds good to me.

1 Like

Great stuff, that song really suits your voice! It’s a fav of mine to play, gets played nearly every day.

I watched an interview with Gordon a few years ago where he explained that he has changed the lyrics slightly after feedback from his children.

From “And if you read between the lines
You’ll know that I’m just trying to understand
The feelings that you lack”

To “And if you read between the lines
You’ll know that I’m just trying to understand
The feelings that we lack”

1 Like

Ron , that was so beautifully done! Thanks for sharing. I’m going to use your video as my template to learn that song.

I’ve been listening to that song for over 50 years, and I get choked up every time I hear it. Thanks.

1 Like

Tony, I also read he changed some words on Edmund Fitzgerald 12 years after when it was discovered the boat sank as a direct result of the weather.

2 Likes

RIP Gordon.

Not to hijack the thread, but what app or website are you using on your iPad to show the music sheets?

1 Like

That was lovely Ron :broken_heart:

1 Like

Beautiful Ron, thank you :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you Lee. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much Rene. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cheers Andrés. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and info Tony. He will be missed by his children and millions around the world. It is very interesting how ones do have there lyrics changed by the artist over the years. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks so much Roch. I am honored that you are going to use my video. All the best and I look forward to you posting your cover when done. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Jay,
Welcome to the community.
I am using OnSong. It is a brilliant App for organizing, editing and scrolling songs. I have an Airturn pedal that connects via Bluetooth to scroll and switch songs during practice and live gigs.

Thank you Mari. He will be missed but his music will go on. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You are welcome Ian and thank you for feedback. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thumbs up from me for OnSong. Have used it for years and love it.

1 Like

I fully agree. Best App for music sheets. I just search for a chord sheet than save it to OnSong and then use OnSongs amazing features to edit, change the key etc.