It's my one year guitariversary

Hi folks!

Just popping in to say that it’s 1 year ago today that I started my subscription to the JG songs app and got my guitar journey going for real.

I haven’t been active much on the forums these last few months, but I’m still here and still playing guitar.

My practice routine has slipped away from me a bit, I seem to have shifted into a mode where I’m playing guitar to relax at the end of the day, rather than really pursuing improvement. That’s just where I’m at right now. But I think I will kick the practice back into gear at some point.

I want to say thank you again to Justin and his team for publishing all the great lessons and of course, to everyone here on the forum who have been so helpful and positive about my progress so far.

24 Likes

Happy first anniversary. To me playing for fun or relaxation seems a great reason for having the guitar.

1 Like

Happy guitarversary!

I think we all go through those periods where we just play, instead of practice. The main thing is to enjoy it.

3 Likes

What better reason to play!
Happy guitariversary. :smiley:

3 Likes

Happy guitarversary! Playing for fun or relaxation has a lot of pros even from a learning perspective, more than one can imagine I suppose! What matters is enjoying!

2 Likes

Happy guitarversary :birthday: I’m the same, I’ve barely looked at my practice sheet for a good while :grimacing: the guitar has become a relaxation aid more than anything lately. As long as you’re having fun tho, that’s what matters :v:

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary! :grinning:

1 Like

Happy guitarversity!

1 Like

Nice milestone. Relaxing with tunes at the end of the day is perfect.

1 Like

Happy Anniversary.

1 Like

Happy Guitariverary. Im right behind you at 11 months and Im finding myself doing the same thing - looking at practice as a wind down activity lately. Maybe a year is a common time for players to find a different kind of joy in playing, versus being in sponge mode all the time. Congrats on your progress, looking forward to seeing what else you achieve as you move on in the courses.

3 Likes

Gratz :+1: :partying_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Happy anni Brendan.

Just take it all as it comes. As long as you are still enjoying then that’s the win. :+1:

1 Like

Congrats Brendan! You’ve had a mega year so enjoy and feel proud :slight_smile:

I’ve been free-wheeling with just song exploration for almost 5 months now I think, nothing wrong with it at all and in many ways it’s developed other skills way ahead of what I “should” be able to do, barres in particular.

2 Likes

I feel like my barres are coming along nicely too! E major, E minor and A minor shapes all feeling pretty smooth now. As for the A major shape … uhh yeah well anyway, let’s talk about something else :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m lucky with A shape that I can do the A mini barre with my pinky quite well, third finger not so much! A minor shape is the only one that can be a little hit and miss and C major is nigh on impossible, although it doesn’t seem to come up too much luckily!

Congratulations Brendan. I follow in your footsteps - I have a half guitarversary myself :smiley:

1 Like

Happy guitariversary!!!

Happy guitariversary!

Happy guitarversary