JGC Open Mic XII - Call For Interest

Audience for me please on Saturday 19th November UK time for whatever time it is scheduled for (sorry I have not got the hang of the times yet.)

1 Like

Ah, OM XII is on the same day that my grandchildren will first meet my parents in person. I kind of feel that I should be present for that, so I will miss out this time and catch the recording afterwards!

1 Like

Erica - No problems regards times, I know where you areā€¦in the audience ! :rofl: Look out for further announcements in a couple of weeks. :+1:

Iain - No worries, as I always say family first ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Toby, Iā€™m up for the audience for this one, excited to see newcomers.
If thereā€™s somehow a shortage of performers I can put something together though.

UTC +1 in sunny Spain.

In November :rofl: Youā€™re on the list.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Hi Toby, I want to participate as a performer. I think I can polish a couple of songs I have played for myself before. On November 19 Iā€™ll be UTC-5 (Toronto or Montreal).

3 Likes

Thanks Andres Iā€™ll add you to the list. Number of songs will be determined once we know how many performers we have (as stated in the OM Guide). So keep an eye out for the update due Monday via DM. Good to have you on board.

1 Like

All things being good Iā€™m in.

As performer and singer extraordinaire? Haha.
Maybe.
If I can find something to wrap my tonsils around.

3 Likes

@Richard_close2u How about that Steven Kilbey song you once suggested I learn (see not learned and not forgotten).

Or a song from either Sailing to Philadelphia or Privateering, two of Mark Knopflerā€™s superb solo albums.

But really given that you can deliver that rendition of Mama Mia learned virtually overnight, youā€™ll have no trouble finding something if you want to

OK, now Iā€™ll get off your case and just say, I hope you choose to perform as it is always both an inspiration and a treat.

I am sure you will find something Richard. Added to the list my friend !

@ALL
JUST IN CASE ANYONE MISSED THE DATE CHANGE IN THE HEADER, I HAVE REPOSTED HERE.

Please note you still have time to request a Performer slot. Closing date Monday 24th October. Please see above for details.

Cheers

Toby

Hmmā€¦only 5 weeks to the OM. Think I will struggle learning my song choices. I will rethink!

1 Like

Hi @TheMadman_tobyjenner I would love the chance to perform. Iā€™ll be in UTC -8 at that point (US West Coast).

2 Likes

On the list Jesse.

Hi Toby, I was sorry to miss the last OM, just watched it on replay now, the standard is impressive, I would like to join again for the upcoming 19th November.

Cheers
Eric

Eric

Performer or audience? Iā€™d prefer not to assume.

Ah Toby, good shout, indeed i should have been clearer. Performer please

Nae bother youā€™re on the list or will be when I am back home. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Other than zoom, what all is needed for decent presentation? Everyone seems to have fancy microphones and setups. I just have a phone. Is there a list of equipment to ensure an adequate listening experience to the audience (indeoendent of singing or playing of course)?

Scott to listen running Zoom on your phone will be adequate. I think a few folks do that. It only starts to get more complex when you get into the recording and performing side of things. But I would recommend using headphones or ear buds, which will improve the audio and also reduce interference and feedback, when using the phones mic.

Hope that helps