JGC Open Mic XII - Call For Interest

Hot on the heels of the fabulous JGC Open Mic XI, I would like to extend an invitation to all Community Members to our next event

JGC Open Mic XII

200w

Performer list - JGC Community Open Mic XII 19th November 2022

Running Order Username Time Zone UTC Start Time
David davidp UTC + 2 2100
Jesse jestersea UTC - 8 1100
Edgar rumill UTC + 1 2000
Toby themadman UTC + 1 2000
Dave liaty UTC 1900
Phil twistor59 UTC 1900
Mark notter UTC 1900
Eric eric.lennon UTC 1900
Brian & Chris brianlarsen UTC 1900
Mal malz UTC 1900
Jennifer jenndye429 UTC - 8 1100 Debut
Mark & Jen thecluelessluthier UTC - 5 1400
Andres dobleA UTC - 5 1400 Debut
Rod rod58 UTC -5 1400
Scott sah22 UTC -5 1400 Debut

Audidence In Time Zone Order
Name Username Timezone UTC Start Time
Gary garyl918 UTC - 8 1100
Jason jasonbukovinsky UTC - 5 1400
John john_in_dot UTC or - 5 !! 1900 / 1400
Phil philsmith UTC - 5 1400
Jason rossco01 UTC 1900
Nancy billca UTC 1900
David durqhart UTC 1900
Erica erica0 UTC 1900
Gary crusoe UTC 1900
Ian theoldman66 UTC 1900
Richard richard+close2u UTC 1900
Tom tom01 UTC 1900
Luka glpguitar UTC 1900
Gordon sairfingers UTC 1900
Ian madmodmcd UTC 1900
Emma virtualm UTC 1900
Tjeerd trj UTC + 1 2000
Roger roger_holland UTC + 1 2000
Nicole nicolekkb UTC + 1 2000
Daryl daryl_do UTC + 8 0300
JK jkahn UTC + 10 0500
Jeff nzmetal UTC +13 0800

JGC Open Mic XII will be held on Saturday 19th Novemebr.
or Sunday 20th time zone dependant.

Invitations to performers will be open until Monday 24th October .
See below for more details. **

The video for the latest Justin Guitar Community Open Mic, has just been published and is now available for viewing. Thank you to our resident OM Film Editor Adi - See link below.

https://community.justinguitar.com/t/open-mic-11-recording-after-show-chat/140525/11

Don’t forget these open mics are available to all members of the Community (who meet the criteria – see below) regardless of their playing level. You do not have to sing either, it is all about the guitar. We also welcome any non-english singing/speaking members who wish to sing in the own language. The door is open to all, so come on in !

Anyone interested in taking part, in either capacity, please read the new Justin Guitar Community Open Mic events – How They Work, Access & Eligibility 31 guide.

BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR UTC TIME ZONE AS REQUESTED

With the growing interest and greater visibility of the events, we have had to set some new criteria for running the shows, which will be self-explanatory on reading the guide. So please take the time to do so, before posting your request to attend. Performers, please ensure you meet the Performer Criteria before requesting a slot.

** Invitations to performers will be open until Monday 17th October .

At which point, the organizers will identify the appropriate start time based on time zones, as described in the Justin Guitar Community Open Mic events – How They Work, Access & Eligibility 31 guide.

Please note there will be a maximum of 22 performers. So, if you have played at the recent Open Mics, please give consideration to those Community members who may be stepping up to the plate for the first time.

Performer applications will NOT be confirmed until after entries have been closed. This will still give Performers 4 weeks to prepare for the show. So please do not expect immediate confirmation.

Note : I will post a list of Performers on or around Monday 17th October.

There are no limitations on the Audience numbers and I will confirm such requests, as they are made. An Audience List will also be published at the same time as the Performer List and will be updated, as further requests are received up and until the weekend of the show.

As usual updates will follow.

Please let me know if you are interested as either a performer or audience member and ensure you state your time zone in UTC.

(For reference - Time Zone Map) 11

For more information on how to access Zoom and set up your audio and video connection for the Open Mic events, please refer to this guide.

Open Mic Tech Talk - How to Setup Zoom

Here’s more background for those interested: The Community Open Mic Events category 1

Finally, as stated in the Justin Guitar Community Open Mic events – How They Work, Access & Eligibility 31 guide, a link to the Zoom meeting, will be sent to both Performers and Audience Member approximately one week before the event, by direct message.

Thank you for your support.

Toby

Les Paul Ultra

11 Likes

Gratz Toby.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Count us in, unless we get a slew of new performers that want to try it. If there is time we might even be willing to do 2.

1 Like

Thank you Mark. Your names are in the frame. Lets see who signs up over the next fortnight and we can then firm up details etc.

:sunglasses:

This looks really exciting - so great to see the momentum continuing. I really loved performing back in OM 9 and would love to do so again. For me in US West Coast time zone, this upcoming date is both Thanksgiving weekend and start time is in the middle of the day on Saturday which is extremely difficult for me to plan to keep open given family commitments.

Definitely not asking for things to be moved around to accommodate my schedule :blush: but would love to see if/when there may be enough interest from other time zones to maybe explore a 2nd time slot? I’d be willing to help coordinate, host, etc to get something up and going. That said one of the things I really enjoyed about the OM I was able to participate in was joining in with folks from all across the globe.

So in the mean time thanks for all the work you and others have put in to make these events possible and hopefully one of the times will line up better for me at some point.

2 Likes

Sadly I’ll miss this edition. I’ll be far from home that day. Good luck for everyone. I’ll be waiting for the recording :relaxed:

1 Like

Please will you add my name for another performance? UTC in York UK.
Will do 1 song.
Thanks

Goodness gracious, I am clearly being sent a message. On the 26th the missus and I will be away for a long weekend getaway for the first time in I honestly can’t say, many years. So rather than performing in the OM I’ll be chilling here:

3 Likes

UTC York UK

Guys date change imminent due to Thanks giving. Please review in an hour. DP check your DMs

Thanks Toby, went here first this morning and am giving thanks that the stars may now align for me to put my name down to perform a song or two, or just audience depending on number of people wanting to perform.

@TheCluelessLuthier @jestersea @Rumil @Malz

Folks apologies we overlooked Thanksgiving being Euro/Oz centric ! Can you recheck you availability. Thx

1 Like

@jestersea check the new date up top :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rumil check the new date up top

1 Like

Richard, tis done deja :wink:

JGC Open Mic XII

I’m in for 1 or 2 songs, but happily step down for new performers.

Edit: looks like we’re back to standard UTC in the U.K. on 19/11/22.

1 Like

Toby, please put me down as a performer in UTC+2. We can decide one or two songs when you know numbers. And if demand is such that we are over-subscribed then as an old hand, I’ll be happy to step out and join the audience. Thanks

1 Like

I’m in :slightly_smiling_face:
UTC

I would like to have a go if possible. I need to test out my stuff to see it will work with Zoom next weekend. If it doesn’t I’ll let you know and withdraw my interest in performing.

I’m in UK, which is UTC+1 at the moment I think
cheers,
Phil

Would it be worth giving potential new entries some extra time to decide? They could work on a song and decide near to the time if they were “ready” or not. I know we had that super busy open mic a few months ago but get the feeling we’ve ‘swung the other way’. I, and I get the feeling others, would be happy to stand aside if we got over subscribed.