Some of my multitrack recordings - OneManBand

Yes, that, or in a general reply.
:slight_smile:

Okay, I will put something together…RG

Ron wow that was a great mix and production ! Heck the song weren’t half bad either :rofl: and certainly does justice to your Intro post. Guitar was really solid throughout and a great tone, loved the keys, which I assumed was you given the bio. Like Richard mentioned I’d be interested to learn more about the mix and prod as its nice to see how others approach multi track projects. Certainly looking to hear more, as this was quality for sure. Thanks for sharing !
:sunglasses:

Toby: Thanks for the comments. It’s greatly appreciated. I will put something together about the production on the tune. RG

Damn this is pro stuff.
I very much would like to know how this guitar tone came to be (effects, layering)
and than the organ chips in. Man man…
The 80’s detective shows called and they all want their mojo back! :smiley:

you must have a broad musical background we don’t know about :open_mouth:

Lieven this may help

Folks: GM from NC. Here’s a not too deep in the weeds description of my set up. I am a Logic user running on a MacBook. I use a focusrite interface and Adam Audio 5 inch monitors. My guitars are a Jimmy Vaughan Strat that a friend gave me and a Maton AP5 Pro acoustic (thanks to Justin’s review). My midi controller is a no frills 49 key keyboard from Line 6. I use many the usual suspects from Native Instruments and Waves, mastering software from Izotope, as well as many of the stock plug ins found in Logic. As far as mixing and mastering are concerned, I share Justin’s view that if it sounds good, it is good…RG

2 Likes

Way above my level of expertise, playing and recording, to comment on. Suffice to say it is very good work, sir.

Well done good sir! I would like to invite you to post your tracks on youtube so that I can get stuff like this on my morning feed. Would also like to see you play. Thanks for the share!

Thanks for listening. RG

Hi there. I don’t have a youtube page. You might be able to link to my soundcloud page: Stream Ron Gitter music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud. Thanks for listening…RG

1 Like

OK, no worries. Carry on and rock on!

Hi Ron,

The production level is off the scale. Such clarity and controlled energy.
Great tones and very tasteful playing.
Organ sounds brill.

Think I may audition for the next Hulk movie - I’m so green with envy. :slight_smile:

Awesome job.

Digger

1 Like

Digger: Thanks for the comments. Greatly appreciated. RG

Thanks for sharing that, Ron, sounded fabulous a really pro-level production, the arrangement, the mix, the performances.

Are you entirely self-taught and a hobbyist? Sounded good enough to be in a movie/tv show soundtrack.

David: Thanks for listening. I’ve had teachers over the years, but I was never a very good student:). The technology today allows you to teach yourself if you’re willing to put in the time. My goal now is to write and produce as much as I can and see what happens.

1 Like

Folks: GM. A little more of my story. I was a pretty active songwriter in the 80’s and 90’s, but then I just stopped, after a lot of rejections and a need to earn a living. I basically took the next 20 years off and didn’t even sit down at a piano. I did listen a lot. On a flight across country to visit my brother around 2012, I stumbled onto garageband on my ipad and started writing a tune. You could actually play instruments directly on your ipad! It was a revelation and a reawakening. Things evolved from there, and eventually, I bought a MacBook and transitioned to Logic. Logic is not just a great DAW, it’s a great platform for songwriters. I guess you could say I’ve been in the woodshed since 2015 writing and recording and working on my own sound. Things evolved again when my good friend Tom, a man with many guitars, just gave me one of his strats when he was visiting my wife and I in NC a number of years ago. The guitar just sat there staring at me, wondering when I was finally going to pick it up and make something happen. As I mentioned before, when a producer/engineer I work with said it’s time to pick it up, I did. And then I found Justin’s site. Midi instruments are amazing, but adding guitar to my writing has again changed everything. Except for sending a finished project to a friend every now and then, I didn’t go public with my writing until this past May when I started posting tunes on soundcloud. Don’t know where it’s all going, but I’m enjoying myself😊.

Here’s a tune I wrote about a year ago and just posted. Hope you enjoy…RG

4 Likes

That’s great stuff Ron - you’re clearly a talented musician! Was that a real Hammond you had in there?

Whoa Superfly meets Miami Vice, with a side order of Rod Argent and Carlos. Great toon Ron !! So glad you found your mojo to write again, you are spoiling us.

More please.

:sunglasses:

Thanks for listening. It’s appreciated. No, it’s not a real B-3, but I’d glad you asked:)…RG