Just wanted to share my joy 🤩

Hi everbody, after feeling a bit stuck and not really making any progress, I’ve just played one of my favourite songs (with the app) and for the very first time it went so smoothly and with only some minor mistakes that I actually could feel all the endorphines rushing through my veins :star_struck:.

I haven’t played this song for at least a month, focused on other things, and right now, without any further practice, here it was :hugs:.

I just wanted to share my joy with you, and my insight, that some things only need time to fall into place :smiley:.

39 Likes

Well done!! :grin:
Happy for you, i too experience that a «break» from something helps when you pick it up again.

1 Like

Always a great feeling. Just needed that little break to internalise it.

Cheers, Shane.

1 Like

That’s progress, and building skill :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Trond,
You’re back! Where ya been mate?
Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Sorry to crash your thread @NicoleKKB :flushed:

Hi @sclay !! Yeah, been away for some time… guess life just happened there for a while :grin: nice seeing you again!!

1 Like

Congratz in your moment of joy Nicole, enjoy all those little senses of accomplishment as they are rare and they needed to be cherished! :grinning:

1 Like

Congrats! I think you touched a little on why I keep playing. Some days everything is going wrong, but when I get that feeling you’re describing there’s a rush that I don’t get anywhere else. There’s nothing greater than when all the pieces fall into place.

1 Like

That’s cool Nicole, all these little gains and endorphin rushes just drives us forward to do more. Huge congrats ! :clap:

1 Like

Great to hear, thanks for sharing! :smiley:

1 Like

@tRONd @sclay @jkahn @alexisduprey @TheMadman_tobyjenner @adi_mrok @LievenDV
Thanks a lot for your kind replies. It’s so nice to know, that there are people out there who know and understand what I was feeling :blush:.
Shared happiness is double happiness :hugs:.

5 Likes

Great stuff Nicole. Keep that joy happening.

1 Like

Congratulations Nicole. It’s a great feeling when that happens :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is soooooooooo true. I had a simular experience the other day with a few things i have been practicing. One is the bar F…i can now finally hit that ringing!!! Only took 2 months…i thought this wasn’t so bad. Have also put the chord into use in a couple of songs i am practicing!!! Very happy there…mega practice amd lots more to go there yet. But moving forward!! Also have been practicing the strumming/rhythym pattern for Wonderwall by Oasis…only took a month and i can now play through the first verse but then loose rhythym quick…it just all of a sudden clicked together!!! Practice is the key word here. :wink:

Rock on! Cheers! SOCIABLE! And peace out! :fist_left: :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

That brings me joy, Nicole. Wonderful to hear you having that experience and enjoying the moment. It is a certainly true that general practice over time builds skills and you see the growth clearly when going back to something that you haven’t played for a while and you play it noticeably better. Bravo.

1 Like

Oh to read this and a share your moment of joy is sublime and exactly why this forum is such a treasure. Thank you for giving this little gift and here’s to many more! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello Nicole :hugs::hugs::hugs: thanks for sharing your joy and enthusiasm…it’s great to read this! What actually happens when something finally clicks after a time? Maybe we’re getting back to it with a lighter heart, and with less pressure of learning, maybe we’ve practiced the same skills on other songs, maybe…who knows? Whatever it is thanks a lot for remembering me and anybody else that yes it happens!! :blush::star_struck::heart_eyes::grin::hugs:

3 Likes

Wonderful! :slight_smile:
It is amazing that setting something aside for a while can bring a renewed ability when you return to it.
To divert slightly from your joyous share, this us one of the reasons I try to encourage people away from spending day after day, week after week for months trying to get better at a dreamer song that is beyond their skill level. Practice and play other stuff, learn skills, get better, return to the difficult thing later.

Coolio.

2 Likes

Nice to hear that Nicole, and a great feeling when it happens. I think we all put a bit too much pressure on ourselves to improve instantly. When the incredible thing is our brains can put things together subconsciously if given time.

1 Like

Great to hear about F cord progress…I still struggle…have resorted to trying isometric practice…I hold the index finger in place firmly for 10 seconds and relax…repeat 10 times…I’ll see if this helps over the next couple months…

1 Like