JustinGuitar YouTube Community Livestream :)

Hey @Richard_close2u, I’m happy to participate in case you need more performers.

3 Likes

@elevatortrim Thanks Serhat, your name is now on the list.

1 Like

Any more?

Today is your last chance to put your name forward and be placed on the potential performer list.

TODAY.

The deadline is just a few hours away.

2 Likes

Thanks, Richard

Deadline now closed.

We have:

@Brianlarsen
@Rod58
@Jenndye429
@KevinKevan
@adi_mrok
@Malz
@jkahn
@jestersea
@skeletor83
@elevatortrim
@John_in_Dot ?
@LievenDV ?

4 Likes

@Richard_close2u
The two polished performances is a bit more than I can commit to at this point. Got a few summer projects I need to get done and the temptation to put them off and spend time practicing would be too great.

I’ll be retiring soon and can then get more involved in these great opportunities.

1 Like

Well done for stepping up all, looking forward to it :+1:

3 Likes

Deadline now closed.

The final list of prospective performers is:

@Brianlarsen
@Jenndye429
@adi_mrok
@Malz
@jkahn
@jestersea
@skeletor83
@elevatortrim
@Rod58
@KevinKevan

@LievenDV is just returned from a family holiday and is not yet 100% confirmed.

I would like to express my warmest thanks and good luck wishes to you all and I hope that you give an entertaining and confident performance of which you can be satisfied and proud.

RE: time zones and a roster.
I am able to get information on your time zones from Open Mic history and we can plan a schedule accordingly.

Can I repeat my request (and combine it with @DavidP 's suggestion) that you dedicate a large chunk of your guitar time over the days between now and the event itself (just over two weeks) to practice and more practice and even filmed one-take dress-rehearsals (for your eyes only). And to select songs that you know you can deliver comfortably and with style - you do not need to sail close to the wind with an ambitious stab at a virtuoso piece requiring technical prowess at the edge of your ability.
Just give us some plain & simple rock n roll fun and everyone will go home buzzing and excited. :sunglasses:

Can I ask - as we have done previously for Live Stream events - for all performers to send me via direct message a short bio of 50 words or less.
This is relating to you, your guitar playing and learning etc. Your name, location, length of time playing, what inspired you to learn guitar etc. plus the song titles / artists you’re going to perform.

Many thanks.

8 Likes

Feel like this is directed specifically at me lol. I do tend to go for harder songs sometimes when we do are regular OM to challenge myself But maybe now is not the time to bust out a chord melody arrangement of a jazz standard I haven’t practiced in a while. I kind of want to do at least one song I learned from Justin and maybe one of the fun bluesy songs I’m good at like the one I did last OM from Gary Clark Jr

1 Like

@skeletor83

We are trying to be encouraging and supportive of all.
:hugs:

Everyone who has participated as a performer in a Justin hosted Livestream commented that the step up in sweaty handed anxiety from our regular Open Mic events was palpable.
We want everybody to give themselves a chance of entering the green room happy and confident and coming away from the whole event happy and satisfied.

2 Likes

And me :rofl:

3 Likes

Ooh, looking forward to it. I’d like to be at (or near) the end of the stream please given my time zone :rofl:.

Here’s an event time link to help people work out what it is in their local time zone.

5 Likes

That’s a real handy tool, jk.

Just to prove it works in Turkey:

1 Like

I spend a good amount of time practicing OM pieces. If I didn’t think they were stretching me a bit I think I would prefer to forgo the OM’s and practice to improve my playing. Not that I think the stuff I do is particularly challenging to many! Just to me.

1 Like

That’s fantastic JK.
Simple and effective.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I seem to have opened a can of worms.

Apologies for that.

My intention and motivation is simply to offer a little guidance and support based on comments from people who have previously performed at livestreams with Justin hosting, who described the experience, who shared their take-away and the comparison with Open Mics and gave tips on what they would perhaps change for a next time they did it. There is no intent to put the shackles on anyone. There is just a warm and loving hug that says ‘do what you do best and all will be well’.

@Willsie01 The Open Mics are a different kettle of fish and what is being said here doesn’t really apply to those.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agree John that tends to be my philosophy as well, I want to develop as a player therefore I play what is a stretch. After all if I only been wraped up in simple strumming songs I would never be able to play songs I always dreamt about playing! So whatever happens it should be a great adventure!

No apologies needed, intentions were clear and no harm was done. Everyone back to practice :grin:

4 Likes

Some of us need that kind of thing :wink:
The trick is to go close to the edge without falling over… :rofl:

2 Likes

@Brianlarsen, @Jenndye429, @adi_mrok, @Malz, @jkahn, @jestersea, @skeletor83, @elevatortrim, @LievenDV @Rod58 @KevinKevan

What a wonderful line-up, I am sure it will be most enjoyable! I will enjoy it as a recording rather than a live event, as I will be out of reach of internet somewhere on the Baltic off the Swedish coast ;-). It will be made available also as a standard YT video, no?

Good Luck and lots of success with the preparations to you all.

3 Likes

I’m sorry we were not able to participate or watch live, but we are looking forward to sitting back with a glass of wine to enjoy it later. Good luck to all of the participants and have fun!