Mari's Blues Studies - Slow Six Blues added Mar 12/23

Better little risk than no risk :smiley: keep up the good work Mari and we will soon have him starting his own blues study :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think I explained myself very well -

The first take was from the 2 longer distance views, centre and right. I used a condenser mic and kept that audio track. The 2nd take was from 1 camera up close (although I have to improve that angle), and 1 camera on the headstock of my guitar, listening to the 1st take through my headphones. I muted the audio from all 4 cameras. This is the camera mount I bought, a lot less expensive than the magnet thing.

If I want the fretboard view from the camera on the headstock - and I like that view - I have to do a separate take for that so the other cameras don’t have that thing in their view.

And I’m now at the limit of my knowledge lol. Actually I realized that I shouldn’t need to listen to the first take through my headphones, I could just have it play thru the speakers, since I was getting rid of all audio except the condenser mic on the first take. But - there’s too many things plugged in and I couldn’t figure out how to get sound out of anything but the headphones! :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

@adi_mrok @Snah thanks for watching and commenting!! And Adrian I know you’ve given up on my thumb placement technique. One day (maybe) I’ll find something I want to learn that requires correct placement. Then I’ll come crawling to your door!!! :grimacing:

1 Like

@Mari63 Absolutely loved every note, Mari. Very well played, and nice job on the videos, too.

1 Like

@oldhead49 Thanks for that, Dave, it’s nice to hear that feedback from you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cool topic Mari, I’m looking forward to giving some proper time to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Richard_close2u Thanks Richard, I’m looking forward to giving some proper practice time to it! :slightly_smiling_face:

Haha I would never give up on you Mari! I just see you are completely fine without my image stuck on your post so don’t find an urge to do that :laughing: but since you’ve asked!

3 Likes

@adi_mrok
Did you take Ivan’s thumb off him? I’ve been wondering where he is?

And now the comments are complete!! Thanks for that Adrian - who knows I might surprise you (and me!) one day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes I do, and yes it is a bit creepy but it is a great picture to explain what words would struggle to! Haven’t heard from Mr @SS7 for a very long while hope he is doing okay!

1 Like

That was pretty sweet Mari, a very groovy blues thing going on.

Nice job on the video editing as well.

1 Like

Terrific piece there Mari, well played!! All these blues studies going on are highly impressive I have to say :+1:

1 Like

@SgtColon @Notter thanks Stefan, thanks Mark! I’m starting to go through the next blues piece, so far it seems a lot harder - but they all seem that way at the beginning :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh wow! Just… wow! Very much enjoyed that.

1 Like

@perfectlyGoodInk thank you very much Felix! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was great Mari. I’ve been practising this little number for months now and very rarely do I make it smoothly through the F# section. You made it look so effortless. Very well done!

1 Like

@prbushe thanks Peter, there are complicated bits in all of them so far, and I’m sure there’s just going to be more as we go along! I’m aiming to get to ‘good enough to post’ and then moving on to the next piece but still practicing the prior pieces. A ‘perfect’ run through may occasionally happen in real life, but never on a recording lol

If you are talking SB3 I would have to agree with you, finding the first two bars a challenge let alone what follows. Both “new” acoustics back from my luthier and low and behold that F# is now working. Possible share of the first two post the OM but don’t hold me to that. :rofl:

1 Like

Delightful, Mari. It sounded fabulous and an awesome job on the video production.

Bravo

1 Like