My latest music and songwriting

Itā€™s been an amazing year this year, I seem to have blossomed since I decided to stop trying to play covers and do my own thing!
I have been working on writing lyrics now that I found that AI could help with my lack of singing skills, itā€™s been difficult for me to do, I found a YouTube channel that has really helped me learn, I thought that I would share it with you. The Channel is ā€œHow to write songsā€ itā€™s very good and I have learned so much from their videos including ideas for interesting Chord progressions as well as just the lyrics.
I am now able to write lyrics in 1 - 2 days from a subject idea to trial with a chord progression. I also have learned a lot about constructing solos and melodies, all of which has improved my output quite dramatically.
I donā€™t have any aspirations for doing it other than for my own satisfaction, Iā€™m too old for aspirations :laughing:
Link to ā€œHow to write songsā€ @Mods remove the link if you see fit.
https://youtube.com/@htws?si=r_Q8FFc3UfVWmfxS

13 Likes

ā€¦ which reminds me that I still need to listen to your other pieces in your song thread :sunrise:

Thanks for sharing the link. Itā€™s so interesting for me since writing my own songs is next to at some point playing together with other people my clear long term (or rather very long term) goal.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Darrell!

I feel like the same has happened with me! :laughing: I spend a lot more of my playing time composing songs than doing covers now. Although, I do still have some cover songs Iā€™m learning. I find that doing covers can help inspire ideas you can use in your own music.

Same! Although I do write songs for my band, I mostly just do it because itā€™s so much fun!

1 Like

and at that age ,you are like a pricey :wine_glass: :smile:ā€¦ :sunglasses: :cherry_blossom: :hibiscus: :sunflower:

man_bowing

Greetings

1 Like

I totally agree on the How To Write Songs channel.
Theyā€™re both great.
And you are doing great too.
You really have found a mojo and a muse.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lovely to read this Darrell :blush:

1 Like

Great to read about your progress as a musician, Darrell! :smiley:

Itā€™s great to see how some new input can accelerate the way we learn and progress. Great stuff that it turns out to be so fruitful and fulfilling for you! :slight_smile:

And also thanks a lot for sharing the channel, sounds really good and interesting! Will definitely take a deep dive there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great channel, Darren, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Good share Darrell, Iā€™ve come across Keppie on a few occasions on YT and always impressed by her methodology. One day I might actually try to apply it !
:sunglasses:

2 Likes