My new chair arrived today

Up until now I’ve sat and played on a low soft stool, sometimes a hard dining room chair, sometimes a sofa. None of these have ever done anything for my posture and indeed I’ve often come away from a practice session with a stiff back.

Over the years I’ve been playing I’ve looked out for a better option. Music stores only seem to stock drum throne seats or very lightweight guitar seats. Office supply stores have a variety of seats many with removable arms which would be suitable for playing guitar.

My guitar ‘spot’ is in the corner of the lounge so any seat I use has to pass the ‘looks ok in the lounge’ test. :smiley:

This was delivered today.

It’s got adjustable bits all over the place. Fingers crossed!

18 Likes

Looks slick, I hope it will serve you well!

1 Like

That looks great, Gordon. Now, what about the missus taking a picture of you in the chair with guitar in hand :wink:

1 Like

That could have triggered a Monty Python quote but at least it looks 'armless !
Enjoy !
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hi Gordon,
Happy NCD… :partying_face: :sunglasses:
I wish you many hours together :grin:
Greetings,…

2 Likes

and the approval from the missus test :wink:

Looks great Gordon. Time for that lounge singer to get on his chair and belt us out another classic.

1 Like

Looks comfy Gordon. Is the foot rest adjustable? Or is the hand screw to attach the base to the chair?

1 Like

Nice chair Gordon. Would you have a link to where you bought it from? I happen to be in the market for a new chair myself and that one looks like it could be ideal for my needs.

1 Like

Happy NGCD Gordon and I hope it’s just what you’ve been looking for and serves you well for many years to come.

We need to be looking after that posture as we progress in years. :smiley:

1 Like

Looks comfy for those practice sessions.

Have to agree… hard dining room chairs, the sofa, etc… none of these things is overly comfortable after awhile. I hope your new chair solves all of that!

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Rick. Yes the hand wheel you can see in the pic allows the footrest to be moved up and down. There are levers that adjust the overall height, the angle of the backrest, the angle of the seat cushion, the seat cushion can be moved forward and back and the backrest can be moved up and down. There is even a pneumatic bulb that you can pump which inflates the lumbar support part.

I’m most impressed by the chair and at the moment I’m getting used to it as my guitar/arm/hands position has changed. (For the better!).

1 Like

Hi Ross, I’ll put the link below. However it was a clearance sale and there does not appear to be any left. My wife found it as she has been searching online on my behalf for ages (wife seal of approval @Socio :smile:).
I got the chair for £127 including delivery. The pre-sale price was outrageous (almost £500) and I certainly wouldn’t have bought it at that price.

I think the reason it was on sale is it’s a higher than normal chair. It’s designed I think for use with a high desk, perhaps for a draftsman or similar. I’m tall and I’ve got the seat at it’s lowest level.

It is terrific quality (as well it might be at that original price). I’ve looked at many others at around the £100 mark and they’ve all been flimsy and a bit shoogly (Scottish word for wobbly :smiley:).

1 Like

Ah man I wish I had one of those!

1 Like

Hope you have many hours of fun sitting on that chair Gordon!

1 Like

What a shame! That sale price is within my meagre budget and it sounds like the chair would have been spot on. As well as playing guitar I would also have used it for art… at a high desk, just as you describe. Oh well, nevermind!

1 Like

@Goffik
Ross there are some other suggestions here.
Chairs for playing guitar

Thanks mate, I’ll take a look but my budget is pretty small. I have two stools already but am after a good replacement for my office chair. The one I have couldn’t have been more than ~£120 full price (it was given to me, so not sure) so was never great to begin with. Years later it is now most definitely… what was your word… shoogly. :grin:

1 Like

That’s the one thing I’ve been looking for. The foot rest is always to low for me.

2 Likes

I could maybe do with a new chair. 2.5 years of working from home and my armless office chair is not feeling as solid as it was.
Looks a good 'un Gordon.
What with you and Toby I am getting chair envy.

2 Likes

Captain’s log, star date 16/09/2022…

4 Likes