My New Ultra Strat

Just purchased a slightly used (12 months old) Fender Ultra Stratocaster in the rather eye-catching Texas Tea colour scheme. I’d been looking at the Ultra Strat series for a while but wasn’t sure if I wanted to pay the higher price. I’ve been playing a Fender Player Pluss HSS Strat for a while and have been completely happy with it (the feel of the neck - the great sound/tone from the pick ups etc) But, when I was handed the Ultra in the music store I could tell that it was definitely worth the extra bucks. The neck is a modern compound which tappers from a 10" radius at the headstock to a 14" radius at the body. It’s a totally different feel to my other Strats. The pickups are Fender Vintage Noiseless which give it a classic fender tone but without the classic hum :grinning: It also has an S1 volume switch which allows you to include the neck pickup with both the middle and bridge pickups - this is allows you to mellow out the bridge pickup if you don’t want too much of the Strat Quack. As it was a pre-loved Strat the previous owner had obviously had the initial setup done so things like the intonation, the action, pickup heights etc were all pretty spot on. I have no buyer regrets for purchasing the Ultra - I’ve been playing exclusively since I got it. I will be picking up the Player Plus again because it is also a very playable piece of kit.

17 Likes

Happy NGD Love the color

1 Like

Happy NGD!!! Looks awesome!!!

1 Like

Happy NGD, Milos! Wow that’s a beauty! Looks fab! Enjoy! :guitar::star_struck:

Didn’t know that was a thing! Cool! :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff - I’d read about the “Vintage Noiseless” pickups and wasn’t sure if it was just marketing hype. But they really do mute the hissy/hum that you can get with some of the older Strats while still retaining that Old School clarity.

1 Like

Sweet! Like southern Texas tea!

1 Like

Looks awesome. That Texas Tea is super cool. Congrats.

1 Like

Very nice! Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats, sounds like you git yourself a winner…sounds…would love to hear how it sounds :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations, nice looking axe

1 Like

Congratulations.
Very nice color combination.
Looks great, I am sure this beauty sounds great!!!

1 Like

Happy NGD Milos :smiley:
Player < Ultra <… Is this the ‘eleven’ of strats? :wink:

1 Like

Hello Milos,
Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
What a beautiful guitar with a very beautiful color…wish you a lot of fun together :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Lovely Milos, happy NGD!

1 Like

clapton’s been using the noiseless pickups for decades

1 Like

Congratulations there! Very smart and classy looking guitar!

1 Like

Happy NGD Milos. Sweet looking guitar and I too love the colour of it, very different.

1 Like

Looks great Milo. Unusual but cool colour, very very nice, enjoy.

Happy NGD !!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Why is there not a Fender Logo on the head?

It does have the Fender logo on the headstock - it was the angle, the lighting and the lettering being in a gold inlay that made it hard to see in the picture.

2 Likes