NGD telecaster build

But you’re doing for your fun so, it doesn’t have to!

I thought it wasn’t going to be cheap.

When you get some higher spec timber, price goes up. And in this case, warmoth also charges their time for designing the guitar, shaping the neck and body etc. So it’s a fair price I think. You end up with a very nice instrument!

2 Likes

OMG! It looks stunning!! Live that you blacked it out with hardware aswell… looks amazing!
Please put out a video of the test run!

1 Like

Thanks will do once I figure out how!

Yep, more than impressed with their quality

1 Like

It certainly looks high spec and good quality.
Cases like that convince people to buy from the same company and I’m guessing in a couple of year’s time you’ll be GASing for another one :wink:

I think I’d want to build from scratch, but not sure my skills would be up to the detail work

Few more pics

12 Likes

Stunning looking guitar.
I done a cheap tele kit what I got for a Christmas present a couple of years ago. I think the make was Beaton or something similar. Pickups were poor but easily replaced. I chiselled out space for a neck humbucker which was scary but not too difficult. Finished with crimson cherry red stain and crimson oil.
Nothing like your top quality looking job but good fun.

1 Like

Looking good man. But Rob, trim them strings man, they’ll have your eye out. :rofl:

2 Likes

Honest I’m expecting to remove the strings a few times when sorting it out, I’ll trim or replace them after.

The cat loves them though!

1 Like

Guitar is looking awesome. And very unique. So good to hear that it plays and sounds good, to me that would seem the riskiest thing when building a kit - if it will be good to play at the end.

The no hum is interesting for sure. Are your pickups mini-humbuckers?

1 Like

These are the specs

As far as I am aware they are classic single coil wound pickups.

1 Like

OK so basic setup is done…

• neck relief to 0.15mm
  • string height .125-1.5ish
  • intonation dialed in give or take
  • Font and rear pickup heights adjusted

Plays nice, sounds great a real tele sound has that chime.

If I can figure out how to record in reaper or ableton lite I’ll post a clip…

2 Likes

That is one cool looking guitar, Rob. So unique. I hope you are pleased with your finished build.

That will be great if we get to hear it too.

1 Like

Looking good, well done. :smiley:

1 Like

Well done Rob. Followed your thread from the beginning. Very nice looking guitar, one of a kind.

1 Like

A very fine fiddle indeed!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

One thing I have noticed is bends are scratchy. Warmoth don’t finish the frets at all.

Anyone have tips here on what to use?

Seen those 3 eraser plus guards kit?

Metal Polish and Dremmel polishing disk?
Frets are SS if that matters

I use Micro Mesh pads to polish my frets. Works on both nickel and stainless.

1 Like

Something like these?

Tempted with 0000 wire wool and metal polish/dremel disk but those would save some issues I think

$25 seems ok…

1 Like