Onboarding is this genuine?

There was at least one of the questions that lumped several skills together, then asked if you were proficient in them. Okay, what if Iā€™m proficient in most of them, but thereā€™s a couple Iā€™m not, and Iā€™m not particularly interested in becoming proficient in them? I answered honestly that I wasnā€™t proficient in all of those skills. I think itā€™s likely thatā€™s why it sent me to grade 3.

I think this just a tool to help with where you are standing according to Justinā€™s lesson structure as long as you are being honest with yourself. Not necessarily this is where you start. I am using grade 4 and grade 5 lessons to get me to where I want to be. Alot of people say if you can play barres your intermediate. I can play barres but still consider myself an advanced beginner. Iā€™m being honest with myself.

Rock on!
Datren

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed since completing the onboarding that Iā€™m getting emails every day stating what I already know.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t experienced that.

Justinā€™s site is a bit of a choose your own adventure. There are many ways to get to where you are going. Many different tools to choose from. This one I imagine would be most useful for those not sure where to start or people who are feeling a bit lost.

I wouldnā€™t treat it as some super computer designed to accurately measure your skill level.

In saying that, it has been my long-time suspicion on this site that the grade people think they are at is often higher than their actual skill level.

3 Likes

As yet just the one and introducing me to someone I came across a decade ago. And reaffirming where I should start, ie go backwards doh. Awaiting a reply to the mail I sent back.

I also got one on get to know your dashboard and one on is it really free.

Hi ,
I have also had a few, and also the very first one where Justin introduces himself after you register, although this has been adjustedā€¦

Why Trust Me As Your Mentor?

There must be a creepy Gremlins in the system somewhere :blush:ā€¦ I donā€™t mind, but when it gets into my stairlift I get very scared, :flushed: now I think about it for the first time in the summer. Normally only at Christmasā€¦ :see_no_evil:
If I had a quarter, how many times would I have thought about that in the first years since the elevator was installed? :rofl:

Stairway To Heaven

Mrs Deagleā€™s Stair Lift

1 Like

Exactly this! To apply something consistently it requires a lot of playing, whether you do it alone in your living-room or youā€™re lucky to share it with other people. For me the amount of playing to be able to say a skill is really consolidated is bigā€¦itā€™s a lot of time requiredā€¦fun time :wink:

1 Like

I am at the start of Grade 2 and the onboarding tool suggested I go back to 1 to just review some basics. I did that and Iā€™m glad I did. In the app there are quite a few new lessons that were not there when I first went through it.

Getting more and more spam emails since completing the waterboarding ā€œsurveyā€. Now being told it would be a good idea to join the Community, having been here for 10 years. What the heck is going on @JGAdmin ??

1 Like

Itā€™s not just the waterboarding survey. I didnā€™t take the survey and James told me how to get ride of it.

The news letter used to come once a month. Iā€™ve gotten 7 since April 30th. Thatā€™s 7 in 22 days @FannyJustinGuitar I used to enjoy Justinā€™s Monthly New letters but they are becoming spam and the only option on the website is not receive the Monthly News letter so how do I get rid of the spam.

2 Likes

@roger_holland @TheMadman_tobyjenner @stitch I was thinking maybe the number of subscribers to JG website has been increasing much lately to explain Justin introducing himself and some extra publicityā€¦and this would be very good if it is like this :blush: I think this is not something that will happen every monthā€¦I donā€™t really mind, Iā€™m used to quickly go through and delete the e-mail Iā€™m not interested inā€¦but Iā€™m quite fond of the mothly Newsletter too and I donā€™t want to risk to delete that too in my fast downscrolling!

1 Like

Got another one this evening about PMT subscription, which I already have a Lifetime purchase offering me a discounted Lifetime Access. Seems like the emails are scattergun and zero filtering. Beginning to be irritating, I know you tagged @FannyJustinGuitar Rick but donā€™t thinks she should be getting all the flak on this or fielding all the contacts. @JustinGuitar whatā€™s happening man, way too many mails for stuff folks already have. :angry:

they send it to all subscribers , they do not filter if you already paid or not
Thereā€™s more communication lately via mail

Exactly my point Deborah, next Iā€™ll get asked the buy Master The Major Scale and Blues Rhythm 1 & 2 which I purchased years ago, just doing a dump of everyone on the list is not only lazy but will start to grind !

1 Like

probably :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner do you want to buy Master the Major Scale and Blues Rhythm 1 & 2?

2 Likes

Again ? No happy with the ones I bought !

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I recognize that the increase in email frequency can be bothersome, and we apologize if any of you received irrelevant emails.

Iā€™m taking note of everything mentioned on this thread, and we will discuss this as a team and explore solutions and ways to improve (perhaps incorporating preferences for the types of emails youā€™d like to receive or maybe posting the newsletter on Community if you want to turn your emails off temporarily? but Iā€™m not sure what is possible or how we will approach this yet)

Please bear with usā€”weā€™re juggling many projects at the moment, but we value your input and want you all to be happy and to have an equally good experience!!

Fanny

8 Likes