One year anniversary!

Hi All.

I began my journey one year ago today! I was 48 when I started. I’ll be 50 in a few months. Left it a bit late but never mind! Im currently coming to the end of module 9 Grade 2. I don’t know if this is good or bad progress but it doesn’t matter as it is definitely progress. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks……

14 Likes

Congrats on the progress Damian! To many more years of fun and music!

1 Like

Hello Damien

It’s never to late to pick up the guitar and start learning to play. Everyone progresses through the grades and modules at their own pace. The way I measure progress now is whether I played better than I did the week or the month before. Enjoy the course and many more years of musical enjoyment.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Well done. You can teach even older dogs new tricks, I started at the age of 53 and am still going 10 years later. Keep at it, you won’t regret it.

2 Likes

Nice, congratulations! :+1:
You can definitely learn old dogs new tricks, in my experience they’re often too stubborn to give up! :grin:

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary well deserved congratz!

1 Like

Happy guitarversary, congrats Damian!

2 Likes

Congrats! That’s awesome! I’m about a year and a half in and not much farther but as you said, it’s progress!

1 Like

Congrats on the anni Damian.

May you have many more years of guitar fun.

1 Like

Happy 1 year :sunglasses: :partying_face:
On to the next… :smiley:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Well done Damian! Your story and timings are pretty similar to mine, whether that’s good or bad is kind of irrelevant imo, we all take the time we take and so long as we’re smiling that’s all that matters.

2 Likes

Congrats on a year well spent! No doubt there will be many more to come.

2 Likes

Congrats! I started playing 16 months ago at age 65. Am I good? Not really, but am way better than I was a year ago. It’s never to late to start something new. Cheers!

1 Like

You certainly can teach an old dog new tricks! I am close to the same age, just a few years younger. Congrats on the important milestone. Keep at it and I wish many more years of success to you.

Jeff

It seems there is a lot of people over 40 taking up guitar!

Thanks for all the comments.

Congratulations on the one year anniversary!

1 Like

Hello Damien, I’m 2 years younger than you and am almost have been learning for 2 years now.

We all learn at different paces, but i too am curious about the pace of my progress. I practice quite often and I am halfway through the last module of Grade 2. I suspect I’ll complete it in a month or two. So, that’s about a grade each year for me. It appears you are much quicker than me.

Hopefully you’re enjoying it.

Scott

2 Likes

Hi Scott.

I practice pretty much every day for about an hour. I think I’m about average at best which is more than I ever hoped to be!

2 Likes

I’m nearly 62 and restarted my journey last November after a very long hiatus and am loving every minute of it. I try to make sure I pick up a guitar every day. You’re never too old to enjoy the journey :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Damian, I am 68 and completed Grade 2 a couple months ago. This month marked my 1 year anniversary.

I also took but not completed the Theory course and just bought Justin’s blues course.

I am concentrating on learning the fretboard by taking the songs I accumulated during grade one and two and moving them around the fretboard. Playing open chords, triads on the first three strings and power chords.

I made a commitment to myself to have the guitar in my hands every day and targeting 500 hours per year.
My love for the guitar keeps getting deeper.

2 Likes