Open Mic 006 - Call for interest

I’ve booked your seat Al ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Toby. Who knows, maybe I’ll get the hang of the third one really well and I’ll drop the easy one I planned to open with :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Richard_close2u

Sorry to ask but could you do the needful and add Al @grayal UTC and Martin @Kutzsche UTC + 1 to the audience list please.

We need to look at editing rights, going forward. Can you follow up with @LievenDV . Can someone be granted “special” rights for these purposes. I thought my TL3 level would allow me to retain editorship but that would appear not to be the case.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner have you tried converting the post into a wiki? I assume that should make it editable indefinitely.

Thanks Ivan, in fact I did that ! Must go check :sunglasses:

OK so that was a week ago and now the three dots show no spanner or Wiki Edit ! Discourse has some tricks up it sleeves it would seem :frowning_face:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner

Toby, thanks for taking care of business!!

I see I am down for 1 song. I’m happy to do one but will be ready to do 2. Can judge that closer to the time, no worries either way. Or happy to drop to audience if a whole bunch of new Community members want to perform.

I think you and 2 can easily be accommodated. Once I can get some access !

2 Likes

Why do I get a flag if I hit the three dots?
Edit: found out now, only happens if it’s on someone else’s post dooohhhhh

Updated Performer and Audience Roster for Open Mic 6

Time and Date to be confirmed imminently but still time to book a slot in the audience or on the stage.

Cheers

Toby

Performers

Zone Time Name Username No. Of Songs
UTC+2 hh:mm David DavidP 2
UTC+2 hh:mm Ivan SS7 1
UTC +1 hh:mm Toby TheMadman_tobyjenner 1/2
UTC +1 hh:mm Luka glpguitar 2
UTC +1 hh:mm Rob R.F.W. 1
UTC hh:mm Jason Rossco01 2
UTC hh:mm Mike pikeamus 2
UTC hh:mm Adrian adi_mrok 2
UTC hh:mm Stefan SgtColon 1
UTC hh:mm brianlarsen brianlarsen 1 long one
UTC -5 hh:mm Tosh ToshS 1
UTC -5 hh:mm Mari mari + 1
UTC -6 hh:mm David skeletor83 1
UTC +11 hh:mm Tony tony **

** to be confirmed

Audience

Zone Time Name Username
UTC hh:mm Darrell DarrellW
UTC hh:mm Stefan SgtColon
UTC hh:mm David DuRquhart
UTC hh:mm John Willsie01
UTC hh:mm Eric eric.lennon
UTC hh:mm Al grayal
UTC+1 hh:mm Martin Kutzsche
UTC -5 hh:mm Mike mds
UTC -5 hh:mm Tom Tom_B
UTC -5 hh:mm John nhoj
UTC -6 hh:mm Pam pkboo3
UTC -6 hh:mm Bala balamuthiahv
UTC +11 hh:mm Maggie batwoman *
UTC +11 hh:mm Dee dennise *
UTC +11 hh:mm Rod RodC *
UTC +11 hh:mm Shane sclay *

If I have missed anyone please shout up and I will amend the roster

@R.F.W Rob, @mari Mari and @skeletor83 David I’ve put you down for a song each, please advised if you plan to do more

@Richard_close2u thought it would be easier to make the updates like this, so they are visible as a new post but the table can be copied into the headline post when convenient to your good self.

2 Likes

Thanks for organizing everything this time around @TheMadman_tobyjenner :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Cheers @TheMadman_tobyjenner for the organisation. We’ve certainly got a decent sized audience for this one!

1 Like

Toby, thank you and well done! It looks like a massive task to coordinate!

2 Likes

I pray one day all audience members will join performers or at least swap with them places :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::grinning:

3 Likes

When I said I’m working on ‘something’, I wasn’t referring to a speech :roll_eyes:
… and what’s with 1/2 a song from Toby? We’re used to half-baked, but I want my full shilling’s worth!

Joking aside:
I can’t recall if it was ever discussed, but why do audience members have to request a link?
Why aren’t we just sharing the link here in the thread so anyone who wants to can drop in?
I realise it might make people feel part of the experience, but I’m sure there are also those who may not feel like ‘committing’ or would prefer to stay unobtrusively in the shadows.

1 Like

Brian

I believe it was because guest visitors, to the old forum would have been able to access the link, making us open to trolls etc. Perhaps its time to change that approach, assuming we are more secure in our new home. I suspect one for @Richard_close2u and or @LievenDV to agree on or get signed off by @JustinGuitar ?

If we are now safe I have no issue doing it that way but not for me to sign off on.

As to the half song !! One in the bag another in the pipeline but a vocal stretch.

You’ve shaken the tree Mr L, lets see what falls out.

Cheers

Toby

troll guiatr banned

I think one song will be enough this time.

Yes @TheMadman_tobyjenner you are correct and there were quite a lot of concerns about privacy and who was watching etc. when we first started this. Plus I’m not sure there is a limit on the numbers that can join (although I doubt we’re anywhere near that).

300 on the licence I own just checked. I know our company has bigger licences in smaller numbers but firstly we are not any close to reaching those numbers for now and secondly it would be odd asking someone for the licence to host online OM :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: on the other hand people host chair yoga sessions during work so nothing surprises me at this place!

2 Likes

My understanding is that anyone on this site who wants a link will be sent one (unless it becomes that popular that numbers have to be limited).
Requiring invitations adds an unnecessary layer of admin and restricts access.
Even if it was just shared on the day or just before the OM on the thread, how would that make it less private? All the previous OMs are up for the public to view on YT. (There is one performer I’m aware of who might have reservations, but we could discuss beforehand)
I have no wish to perform in front of strangers, but don’t think we should treat folk on this site as strangers :smiley: