Open Mic 006 - Call for interest

Heck yes I want to play! This is so fun and I’m so excited! I’ll be playing two songs and my nearest metropolis for same time zone is Chicago, IL. I’m technically in Missouri but no place brings up my city haha.

1 Like

Jak

No worries, yep the windy city is UTC -6 and I have you down for 2 songs. Just keep an eye on the post for further updates. I’ll likely release the running order about a fortnight to go, via a personal message. But it will most likely trip some threshold on the Community site, given the numbers.:rofl:

Love your enthusiasm !!

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Blimey things are getting real! I counted yesterday but already forgot :see_no_evil: but do we have around 15 (!!) Performers and 35 (!!) Audience members?! That’s going to be F.I.R.E :fire::fire:

2 Likes

Smokin

3 Likes

And it’s a really good World Wide OM … great for the new community.

5 Likes

Performers Please note the follow has been added to the main section of this post. Please read

[quote=“TheMadman_tobyjenner, post:1, topic:3980”]
For more information on how to access Zoom and set up your audio and video connection for the Open Mic events, please refer to this guide.

1 Like

Is it too late to add my name as a member of the audience? Not ready to perform yet. I’m in Canada, Eastern Standard Time.

Never too late Sandy even on the day! Toby will shuffle things around when he sees your message.

1 Like

No problem Sandy, I’ll update the audience list. Good to get a feel for the event first and then see if you are ready in the future. Do it in your own time and when you feel right. Just come along and enjoy the show for now. :smiley:

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Toby… I’m in a bit of a rut right now with my playing…seems every song I play is full of mistakes.

1 Like

You are just talking here about my every other day with the guitar :sweat_smile: remember Sandy we are our own worst critics, I am sure it’s not that bad.

1 Like

I think this was discussed already but can find it.
Do audience members have to be part of the JustinGuitar Community? I mentioned to a friend I would be doing a song and they wanted to watch. Will members of the general public be able to get into the zoom or do they have to wait until its posted to youtube.

Hi @John_in_Dot
Great that your friend is interested.

It’s a JG Community event on purpose and by design and it carries the association of being part of the overall JustinGuitar ‘package’.
For sure, the recording posted after is listed on YouTube with public access.
A link to the actual event is sent to those within the community who have expressed an interest.

2 Likes

Adrian… I know… the F barre chord and 3 finger G is giving me problems…All on the first fret which I rarely play… it might also be the winter effect. I tried to make a video yesterday but nothing worked, but I keep plugging along…

2 Likes

Its like with anything we tend to get better and worse days, lets hope tomorrow or day after it will be the better one and it all clicks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This sounds awesome. Put me down for the audience please (UTC -5)

1 Like

Will do Jamie, welcome to the Community ! :sunglasses:

I’m audience … given my complete lack of guitar time lately I just don’t see me doing a song this time round - unless something drastic happens to give me some time and impetus.

1 Like

Would a vote of no confidence in you, free up some time to play guitar and smell the roses? :wink: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner I’ll be ready with 1, but I see there’s a whole lot of interest, which is great, so I’d be happy to be in the audience instead.

See you all next weekend!