Open Mic 008 - Call for interest

I’ve taken a note of that statement you made there for future reference :wink: Just in case I decide down the line to do an OM and bugger up big style :crazy_face:

1 Like

Good to know James, you have about a month now to decide if you want to join us as a performer on the next OM :grin:

Does this mean a date has been set for OM 8?

Yes John I believe we have a date and looks like it’s going to be 21st May according to voting :slight_smile: hopefully all of you can make it but if not let me know in comments and we will see what our final roster will look like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Adi, I’ve got it blocked off in my Calendar

Oh if it’s the 21st of May I may have to bow out. High possibility we’ve got a gig that day. Just awaiting confirmation of time they need us for! I will let you know when confirmed.

1 Like

Someone has been fiddling the figures!!
:wink:

I am unable to attend that weekend unfortunately. Some friends are all gathering in a holiday cottage for a 60th birthday weekend.

1 Like

Now do you say that with mixed emotions, Richard, miss the show but avoid all our na…encouraging you to play and sing :rofl:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’ll definitely not be available on the 21st… we have a slot at a small festival. It’s at 4pm but I imagine we’ll be there all day. If anything changes I will of course join in the JGOM.

2 Likes

Understood Jason for now I will take you off the list and if anything changes let me know :slight_smile:

I’d like to attend in the audience if ok please.

UTC+1 (UK)

All done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any idea of the time yet?

So it’s indeed 21st May? I’d better start practicing in earnest… :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

ONLY 3 WEEKS TO GO GUYS!

How are your preparations going all? So quiet here lately I bet everyone is catching up going abroad for holidays :blush:

@jkahn my suggestion would be to go with usual 6pm UTC and we can make the order so people on far east are not performing too soon :slight_smile: what all the rest thinks happy to hear your thoughts :wink:

At the moment we are on 18 performers so I reckon one evening will be enough and no need to split it to two unless more people will volunteer :smile:

Adriaan,

I suggest we anchor the time as UTC so it is easy for people to simply add or subtract their UTC adjustments. It keeps the approach consistent and people never need to wonder if the UK what the specific UK time is.

The challenge for this event is accommodating those on the edges. The range appears to be UTC+10 to UTC-5. It is that consideration that may make it worth considering two smaller events?

I amended my comment David to include UTC time point taken. I think next point on the agenda is figuring out how many songs each performer plans to play and then trying to more or less assess how much time it’s going to take. I don’t think our friends from NA are going to be a problem as it is around 2pm start time, I am more worries about everyone east from UTC+2 hence need to check later today or tomorrow how many we have performers out there and what time would they start playing if they are at the very end of the list. I still believe we can squeeze it in one night unless a massive influx of players will surprise us all :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to sign up to at least be in the audience. I am in Delaware which I think is -4UTC. I am on the fence about maybe performing one song. As I think I need to start doing it. I know it is a friendly audience so there is nowhere better.
My local brewery has just announced a music day where they are inviting musicians of all levels to come and hang out and play, so I may meet new people to learn with. I think the next one is the day after this OM, so it could be a stressful but great weekend.

2 Likes

Man I really need to start preparing! I’ve been kind of away, just had my first gig yesterday with the band I got with 2 friends, and was really focused on it.
Need to catch up on the Community in general as well :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Phil no problem I can put you on as an audience member however I feel a dry run during Community OM before your performance in real life could be a great warm up and we would be super happy about another debutant! :smile: