Open Mic 009 - Call For Interest

5 hours difference with the UK… I believe I am 5 hours ahead…

Think that makes you -4 as they’re +1 but I’ll check to make you get the correct start time. :wink:

I remember it being -5 … last time you performed at 7pm UK, and I watched it at 2pm EST. But anyway let me know, I’ll be there.

I think Daylight Saving might have thrown a curve ball back then. Just checked timeanddate.com and it shows Montreal as UTC -4, same time as @Mari63 at Thunder Bay.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

OH you’re right … we are on daylight Saving time… right at this moment… it is 10:40 Am in Montreal

1 Like

Sounds right 1640 France 1540 UK all is good, see you Saturday :sunglasses:

1 Like

What time? 14h?

OK I got it - 15h… see you all there

1 Like

Wow 20 performers and 32 in the audience. Our biggest event to date and still seats available in the audience, for those who are thinking about it. :guitar: :guitar: :drum: :microphone:

Thank you all for your support !

Cheers

Toby

1 Like

Out of curiosity I checked all Open Mics and attendance based on amount of people joining the meeting. These are the numbers as below, it includes both performers and audience members:

OM VIII - 39 attendees
OM Testimonial - 43 attendees
OM VI - 57 attendees
OM V - 30 attendees
OM IV - 23 attendees
OM III - 27 attendees
OM II and I unknown as data doesn’t go that far and probably it got lost somewhere on the old forum.

2 Likes

Must admit I did not realise this was so big but there again I spent most of that show trying to fix my audio issues and half the time was listening not watching, as I twirled the digital spanners and wrenches !!

So folks we need at least another 5 bums on seats to match OM VI or more to beat it !!
And we still have 4 days to go. :smile:

Roll up roll up.

1 Like

I noted that as well JK and have taken a mild gulp!!! :wink:

1 Like

Hello one and all, especially you Performers !

With a few comments popping up in the Performers direct message, thought I’d ask how folks are doing rehearsal wise. How’s it going peeps ?

Well it seems @CT Clint might be taking a different approach this time and going minimal !!

Me ? I had a good test session yesterday. Did a recording in OBS and then in Zoom, then after a YouTube upload and level check bounced them off to my Producer. Ok its me daughter in the UK who needs sanity now and then but has to put up with me instead. :scream: Rock chick brain washed at birth, always provides good feedback and honest critique. So with 5 days to go the report was, guitar good, vox good, balance good, prefered Zoom to OBS, so don’t friggin’ touch anything like you normally do between now and the gig. DONT TOUCH THAT DIAL!!! :imp:
So looks like I’ll just be focusing on the lyrics for a day or two. :wink:

If you had not guessed its OM hype time, share the lurv !

2 Likes

Ooh nearly forgot with some minor news events bouncing around the UK at the moment, I was considering a last minute song change !!

3 Likes

:joy: only if you can somehow sing that in a BoJo voice Toby!!

1 Like

Just another random kid from the Valley with a guitar and a dream. Who knew that this dream would one day be realized by thumby strumming some I-IV-V progressions over the Internet?

With my background that’s one voice I’ll never accomplish but though I might stray into questionable territory of I offer this alternative,

1 Like

But to return to your original question, rehearsals going pretty well I think, I’ll be testing Zoom setting and levels with a variety of family members in the next couple of days but I’m not going to over complicate things here as I pop my cherry so to speak.

I’ve been on my song for the last month with a few private OBS recordings and hope I can repeat my best efforts. My grade 2 practice has suffered a little as a consequence but it’s been a great experience to have the focus.

I’m genuinely looking forward to it, albeit slightly wide eyed at the audience list. I can see this becoming quite an addictive thing.

Hope fellow performers (how weird is it to say that!) are in good shape :+1:

I love silicon :wink: but may have the wrong valley but your I-IV-Vs will always bring the sunshine. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ah so many musical links

As Bryan Ferry once said

What you are experiencing is normal. In the run up to OMs my “practice” pretty much goes out the window, as I focus on performance. Others do it different @brianlarsen will truck up Saturday afternoon, call the neighbours in and throw a song together but then he’s not an avid practicer by his own admission and always turns out a spanking performance. We all do our own thing and nothing suffers, it might just be put on hold for a short while. :sunglasses:

1 Like