Open Mic 009 - Call For Interest

Thanks Martin, the poll is looking to favour the 9th at the moment but I am leaving it Open until Sunday. Hopefully you’ll still be able to join us. I add you to the roster but can you check your time zone. I thought Ireland was the same as the UK, so that should be UTC+1 but that’s an assumption I’ve had for decades, so could be wrong ! Even more confusing after 10 years in France :crazy_face:

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Toby - sorry: you are absolutely right. Ireland is UTC +1 now (Summer time). (We are UTC+0 in Winter).

Thanks Martin I dropped you in as +1 anyway ! Look forward to seeing you there ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think you’ll find our great guru put out the call to attend the OM in his latest newsletter :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi Toby! Thank you for your encouragement and leadership. My timezone is PDT -7

Ahah, not checked my mail this evening Brian. That may explain things. :kissing:

@sairfingers who ?

Getting late will read the NL int morning.

Thanks Josh I’ll see if I can convert PDT into UTC.:sunglasses:

I’d love to join for either date (or both!). I’m UTC -7. Looks like theme cast majority are EMEA and one zones - if the West gig is evening time there I’d definitely be up for joining live from here (I usually practice first thing in the morning anyway :blush:). If you end up splitting East/West I’d be happy to join both.

1 Like

Jesse

Thanks for the interest. Can you possibly confirm performer audience ? I suspect the former but would rather check and if that’s the case one lump or two ?

Cheers

Toby

Hello there
Would love to join this as audience for now and then see what happen next :guitar::sunglasses:
Hope this is how you do it?

Cheers

Hi, I’ll take an audience ticket for now if possible to see what it’s all about please.
UK time UTC 0 ?

Welcome to the Community Molsner.

Did you read the intro at the head of the page ? Can you please let me know your UTC time zone. Also as this is your first post why not introduce yourself here.

Cheers

Toby

1 Like

Hi Adrian good to see you back. Its UTC + 1 over there but you have your ticket. Enjoy. :sunglasses:

Hi Folks,

My name’s Rod Reilly and I live in Northern California, so UTC-8 I believe. I’d like to have a go if there are any spots left. I’ve been a Justin Guitar student for a few years now but first time on this forum. Listened to Open Mic 008 this afternoon and really enjoyed it. I play acoustic covers and a few originals. Favourite musicians - Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon, Bowie, OMD.

No worries if this request is too late. I can always try for the next one.

Thanks,
Rod

can’t figure how to sign up for open-mic–thanks

@TheMadman_tobyjenner - (newbie :sunglasses:) performer - I’d love to do 2 though both likely 2 min songs

@rodreilly Roderick, thanks for the brief intro here. I suggest do a fuller intro in #community-hub:introduce-yourself, a little bit more personal background, guitar history, and goals/aspirations as a member of the Community.

@Spitz Michael, I suggest you read the first post that started this Topic, scroll up, and in it you will find all the info you are looking for. Then as I said to Roderick here, I suggest you also post an Intro.

@jestersea Jesse, I suggest you do similar and post up that Intro

The OpenMic is open to all members of the Community, to date we have set no specific criteria to participate, all are welcome. That said, it is a Community event, so strive to be welcoming and supportive of all and encourage all to be active and engaging the Community. Hence my encouraging recent-joiners to post up an Intro. You may also want to explore the Community fruther, in particular #community-hub:learning-logs and #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing to tap into the ethos and vibe of our Community.

And as I said above, if you are unfamiliar and the first post you’ve read in this Topic is this one, then please read the first post with the details about the event and other helpful links.

And the more I read, the more excited I am at how this initiative is growing to support the growth of members, many who came to JustinGuitar as absolute beginners or people who’d tried without success in the past, and are following the programmes to become guitar players and musicians.

Rock on!

3 Likes

Thanks for that David. I’ll update the roster shortly for Jesse and Rod and see what Michael has to say once he has read the intro info. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@rodreilly
@jestersea

OK guys you are on the roster, Rod I have you down as UTC-7 which would be the same times as Seattle, would that be correct ?

All

By the way the 10 minute thing is just a rough guide and not a minimum. Under runs and over runs are common. One song is fine, short or long as long as its not In-a-gada-davida ! We find that two songs would normally be around 10 minutes and we then get an idea how long the show will run. Just in case folks were wondering.

Cheers

Toby

1 Like

Hi

Please sign me up for the audience, UTC -4

Thanks…

Mike
New Hampshire