Open Mic 15: Recording & After-Show Chat

Could make the live last night, but I’m looking forward to watching the recording!

4 Likes

I’m really glad that I discovered this event - what a great idea to organize open mics online with performers and attendees from all over the world. Very nice also to see some of you with which I have bee already in touch with. I have to say, this immediately had a direct boost on my practicing motivation and overall enthusiasm today.
I’m very grateful I could attend. Thank you everyone! :wave: :smiley:

10 Likes

Thank you, Stefan @SgtColon , I’m glad you liked my little song :grinning:.

2 Likes

You’re so right, Franz. These OMs are a great thing. Since I discovered them almost a year ago, I haven’t missed a single one. It’s so nice to meet some of the people you know from the forum, live at these Zoom events. It’s always like meeting friends. And the performances are fantastic. It never gets boring. And yes, watching them is definitely a motivation boost :sweat_smile:.

7 Likes

Well done to everyone, what a night! Especially debutants as usual deserve a bow - you all did great and made this night even better, thank you!

Video is being uploaded now so should be out in a few hours :wink: I think it was one of easiest shows to edit - no connection issues from anyone, no issues with volume from everyone and I think everyone is happy to share it so… great! :grinning:

9 Likes

Thanks for that Adi ! Big thx to Zoom Sup as well. Please pass on. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Wow, what an amazing show! As usual I am in awe of all the performers and how much talent we have in the community. Dan and I are having so much fun being a part of it.

Congrats to all the debutants! I hope you all come back again for the next one.

On that note… I just want to encourage anyone who has been considering joining in to do it!! My first one I was a huge ball of nerves, but I made it through my song and I had fun. Each subsequent performance I feel like it gets easier to work with the nerves and my performance gets better. I feel the experience of a “live” performance really helps further my ability. No better time than now to start :wink:

13 Likes

Jen, you guys absolutely killed it, what a tune to bring to an OM! And Dan had completely become part of the crew for sure, his vocals were perfect for a bit of RATM!

@franzek that’s really superb to read your comments and inspiration taken, that’s the fundamental purpose of the OMs whether you’re performing or in the audience, hope we get to see you on one of them at some point, glad you enjoyed it! :+1:

7 Likes

Thank you Mark! I enjoyed your song as well and you are a great host also.

2 Likes

I was surprised to find I had forgotten to plug my guitar into the AI for my slot. My vocal and instrument played through the mic. First time like this. I’m very interested to hear how this sounded.

2 Likes

It was a great OM, really enjoyed that one. Thanks for hosting @Notter and thanks @TheMadman_tobyjenner for organising.

I’m looking forward to checking out the recording when it comes out to check out the performances I missed while doing some warm up!

5 Likes

Hi Nicole, it totally makes sense. When I had my little hiccup in my first OM, and struggled through, after that it felt like I was running across a field enveloped in a thick fog. I totally lost awareness of my surroundings, only to be woken up by Brians cheerful banter after singing the last chorus. :wink:. BTW I totally enjoyed your song, and admire you fur putting in those solo lines for your first OM.

5 Likes

John the balance sounded pretty good, if you just used the mic. Was it a condenser ?
But from what I recall both gtr and vox were clear and had good levels. :+1:

1 Like

Hi John, I’m not sure if it was you but there was one performer where the first couple of bars sounded a bit choppy but it all settled after that. I can only recall jumping in once for Zoom original audio settings and sure that wasn’t you?

Either way, from what I remember it was all good! :+1:

1 Like

Yes, it’s a Rode NT1 condenser.

Cheers Mark.

Justin OM turns into a Dublin pub open mic? Give me a pint of Guinness and let’s goooooo!

3 Likes

I think since we are all agreeing to post it on Tubez no one would mind :smiley:

4 Likes

Explains why it picked up the gtr at a good level then, just as well it wasn’t a dynamic mic !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Let me assure you that several were consumed!

I had the show on with my iPad propped up on the bar counter so there was quite a few extra in the audience. I explained the format and JustinGuitar etc. to those who were interested. Who knows, we might get a few new Irish students. :smiley:

9 Likes