Open Mic Livestream 02 - Xmas Bash - After-Show Party & Chat

@pkboo3 Pam I echo David’s sentiments you are more than capable. Would love to see you at one of next years OMs for sure !
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Time to break out the eggnog!

4 Likes

That’s the plan Dave, especially as the 3rd acoustic needs an air :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi Donna,
I would like to bring it to you, you deserve it :sunglasses:,…and I also liked hearing your story :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I have to admit I was in a bit of a “bah humbug” mood when it was first mentioned it was a “Holiday Songs Optional” format - last thing I wanted to do was perform a Christmas/Holiday song or listen to a bunch of others (yeah, Bah Humbug I know). But having now spent the last three weeks first combing through all the possible songs I might want to do, picking Winter Wonderland and spending enough time with it to come up with my own spin on it, practicing it to the point of being second nature, it was a total blast! And such a fun festive mix of songs (just the right blend if you ask me of holiday/christmas and non-holiday songs) that made it to the final show!

8 Likes

Ha its Belgique ! But its origin matter not a jot as it taste just fine. Thank to for your kind words.

2 Likes

I was gonna get eggnog for this.

3 Likes

Ian

Despite the fact you are just playing to a web cam, like AOVYP or the OMs having Justin added to the mix ups the ante. I was absolutely bricking it when we did Livestream 1 but was more relaxed this time. Having no audio from the studio and not being able to engage with “the man” helped a bundle, so I might adopt a similar strategy if I do this again ! :rofl:

3 Likes

Well, here’s one

10 Likes

Was lovely to watch, well done all!

2 Likes

I really enjoyed your take on it Jesse! I thought about trying to learn something Christmas-y, but couldn’t find anything I was super excited to play or could learn in a short amount of time. It sounded great! :snowflake:

3 Likes

My pleasure Jen, just happy to lend a hand where I can.

Glad you enjoyed the song, its a little different from Black Stone Cherry’s usual serving which I love but its a fantastic song to play and sing. My biggest problem is getting to the end without dissolving and boy that’s hard with this one. There’s a studio version where the vocalist Chris Robertson just walks off as he finishes the last chorus ! And he wrote the damn thing !

3 Likes

You absolutely nailed it Toby. Great rendition :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks Maggie, I struggle with this format and not being able to see who is in the theatre. Thank you for getting up at stupid o’clock just to join us !

2 Likes

Roger

I’ll take Grimbergen or Pelforth Brunne if you have some to spare, as for the football. Pah I have supported the inglish team Watford since 63 so know nothing about the sport :rofl:

2 Likes

Well folks,
I have a woman who scratches my wheels and a cat who calls that she wants to go upstairs… or was it the other way around,… :upside_down_face:… I’m tired, I’m going to sleep,… thank you again and see/read you tomorrow,… :sunglasses:

A Toby ,see you words,…Comming :beer: ,…cheers, and :see_no_evil: :grin:

3 Likes

@Charlie_James . Hi Dale, you did a super job on a really difficult fingerpicking song, and your singing was impeccable. I am also playing with a looper sometimes, with strummy songs, and get it wrong 9/10 times. And … I really didn’t notice you were looping until you started that solo! Great stuff!

2 Likes

Thank you Ian.

I’ve just been reprimanded by the Like Police, as I am liking too many posts.
What is that all about !!

I love you all.

5 Likes

Take care Roger
A demain!

2 Likes

I just finished the bedtime story… had to watch the end of the football first!

Everyone did awesome today; really proud of y’all :slight_smile:

I hope we can find a way to bring your talents to a wider audience while still keeping a close community feel to it.

Let’s discuss it all in the new year - I’d love our feedback on Streamyard and the ‘stage’ vibe!

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and new year!

J xxx

23 Likes