Open Mic Livestream 03: Recording + After-Show Party & Chat

Yes - that is a great feature

2 Likes

That is pretty cool! Also the time stamps for every performer with their location and songs choice, really nice.

2 Likes

‘Playing For Change’ is a collection of music videos recorded around the world, worth a look as some of the songs are really well done. The editing is, because as you say it must be pre-recorded, quite phenomenal.
Take a look, you will not be disappointed, ‘The Weight’ is one to see or ‘Jokerman’, though there are many to choose from.

2 Likes

I added those in manually today.
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes Jeff :joy:

O Boy Where to start … :partying_face: :exploding_head: :sunglasses: :clap: :clap: :scream: :scream: :scream: :partying_face: :man_bowing: :man_bowing: :man_bowing: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet:

Yesterday I had a long story ready to blow the praise-trumpet to Brian but that went wrong somewhere between pasting and cutting in the google translate…
So I understand that something like this invites people to say not so nice things… :cry:

The performances really exceeded all expectations… this was absolutely better than all previous performances, every day we play we get a little better so it must be that :sunglasses:
(or could it be Justin/youtube-live) himself that allowed everyone to give just a little more? :thinking: :smile:)

I could type a story to everyone personally, but then it would just be a repetition of the same words…so everyone gets the same bow flowers hug and / or kiss and I thank you for your courage and commitment and the fun what you brought, :sunglasses: :smiley:
Greetings Rogier

4 Likes

Great show all round :wave::wave::wave:
The live stream worked well, had to break off a couple of times to do some domestic chores, but the ability to pick up where I left off was very useful.
Michael

Thanks all

Maybe MP can sign next time lol? You did very well, keep enjoying would you do!

1 Like

Hi James,
I had overlooked this one…I really need to put on my reading glasses more often :see_no_evil:…

Yes this year the christmas/new year card will be a very special one :scream: :joy:
the peak/star in the Christmas tree has an upgrade :laughing:

Greetings

1 Like

Watched the recorded Livestream in the morning, but can only comment now, since we were visiting my parents in law. What a great idea for marketing the website and community. A big thank you to Justin and everyone involved in the background :slightly_smiling_face:

All performers were absolutely fantastic. Congratulations :clap::clap::clap::tada::tada::tada::clap::clap::clap: You all did so great!!!

@KevinKevan
What a way to continue after Justin’s great Margaritaville. Your second song was great, but it was your first one really got me. I loved your effortless combination of fingerstyle and Strumming, plus you sang wonderfully. Thank you so much :slightly_smiling_face:

@Malz and Lara
Despite sound problems in the beginning two superb performances. Seeing the two of you play and sing together makes me really happy. I adore your harmonies. Oh, and @Malz I really liked that small lead bit in “Peaceful easy feeling”

@elevatortrim
Serhat, I read the live chat and it seems there were one or two trolls around. Don’t take them too seriously :slightly_smiling_face:
I think something in your recording sound was very slightly off, there was a slight echo somewhere ( it might have been on my end as well). Other than that, I think both of your songs sounded really good and I am amazed how your grew more confident while playing and singing :slightly_smiling_face:

@adi_mrok
Didn’t know the first song, but the synergies of your playing and singing sounded very good.
The Santana song though… You are a magician. Not only are your guitar and her sound beautiful, but you made her really sing. Amazing, stunning… I am running out of positive adjectives

@brianlarsen
I think, I have heard you sing better, but I am not sure if I have seen you
dressed better :slightly_smiling_face:
Not too big a fan of the RHPS-bit but I really enjoyed your second song :slightly_smiling_face:
Fun fact: Finns use “they” (= hän) by default as 3rd person Sg. pronoun. “He” or “she” don’t exist in Finnish.

@Rod58
I really enjoyed your rendition of “Lying eyes”. Your playing sounded so relaxed and your singing sounded smooth. I didn’t know your second song, so it’s difficult to comment anything at least a bit meaningful :slightly_smiling_face:

@jestersea
Risking this to sound kitschy: You made my heart melt. Playing and singing your first song that delicately. And “Take on me” … Fantastic how you overcame the small hickups in the beginning and how your singing grew more confident, while all the while sounding so smooth. Every time you sang “in a day or two” I got goosebumps.

@Jenndye429 & Dan
You guys were simply fantastic. Jenn, you have an amazing voice and you two are playing so well together :slightly_smiling_face:

@skeletor83
I’m really impressed how calmly you overcame the technical difficulties. I didn’t know the Keb Mo song, so it’s difficult to comment anything, except nice sounding slides of course.
But the second song… “She talks to angels”. You made it your own. So much emotion and so much passion. I really liked how you made it sound more intense than the original :slightly_smiling_face:

@jkahn
What a great way to end this. Your guitar playing sounded that good. The singing in “Hurt” was good and sounded like a mixture of Johnny Cash and Nick Cave.
Your original is very impressive. I really enjoyed it. Interestingly, I was most fascinated by your singing. You sounded so much more at ease with yourself and relaxed, if that makes any sense :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Thank you so much Nicole! We were happy with our performance overall besides the slight audio volume issue. We had a lot of fun :grinning:

3 Likes

Nicole many thanks for such a cool review, really appreciate it! I have a few adjectives in mind regarding my performance but I will stick with one you chose in here as they are already super cool! :grinning:

4 Likes

Thank you so much Nicole, how cool of you to offer such an insightful and positive opinion on the whole cast!

3 Likes

Cheers for the review, Nicole. Much appreciated :smiley:

I know what you mean. There are parts where I think “Oh please, just move on!” but there are some sections and a couple of tunes that I just love. The fact that it gained such a cult following and audience participation places it in a different category for me.
I recall two similar cinematic experiences in Dublin, which are amazing when spontaneous:
One at ‘The Commitments’ where the audience would break out into whoops and applause at the end of a song, just as if a live band was playing-
and another at a midnight showing of Stop Making Sense where audience members stormed the stage to race David Byrne as he ran back and forth across the stage, building human pyramids to try and kiss him and finally the film having to be stopped because of the firework rocket being set off in the theatre. Audience participation can be more spectacular than the show itself :laughing:

5 Likes

Wow, the second one does sound somewhat scary…

1 Like

Yesterday’s Livestream was simply amazing, diverting, entertaining and a pleasure to watch. :smiley: As already said: So much respect to all, who stepped up on that “stage” performing - you all did great and can be very proud of yourselves! :clap:

Also thanks very much again to all the people involved, also behind the scenes! You all did a great job.

Of course I wanted to provide some feedback on everyone’s performance, so I planned on taking few notes, but in the due course of the show my notes got a little shorter and less detailed (totally not related to the glass of whine I emptied while watching :crazy_face: :rofl:). This is a sign of pure enjoyment, but nevertheless, I wanted to provide some of it to the (student) performers. :slight_smile: But just for completeness sake: Loved the opener by Justin, what a cool tune I never heard before. Got me quite in the mood for this most enjoyable evening! :smiley: :+1:

@KevinKevan

Kevin, what an opening! I really enjoyed your JT-rendition a lot. Doing this kind of fingerstyle while singing and making it seem that effortless was blowing me away. Also enjoyed your second performance a lot, had a great groove going on! Awesome! :clap: :+1:

@Malz and Lara

Mal and Lara, your harmonies are so sweet sounding, it is a pleasure to listen to you, both singing and playing wise. Was so relieved you overcome the technical issues, it would have been a shame to miss this two performances due to that. Listening and watching you is always a pleasrure and kind of feel the joy you might have while performing together. Amazing! :clap: :+1:

@elevatortrim

Serhat, I enjoyed your performances both a lot. Had the feeling, the mic sound was a little dull (technical wise), but nevertheless, you grew confidence while performing, which is great. Your playing was smooth and I don’t mind a little pitch variation as long as you giving your all, which you did. Very well done, I liked both songs, but “Imagine” a little more! :clap: :+1:

@adi_mrok

Adrian, that was simply amazing. The first song was so well played and sung, I kind of dreamed along. But what blew me away was your second performance of Santana. What an astonishing lead and that tone was just perfect! You really made your guitar “sing”, wow! No words, just awesome! :clap: :+1:

@brianlarsen

Brian, the most enjoyable “one-them-show” I have ever seen! :rofl: Seriously, that was an awesome surprise and definitely the most remarkable and memorable performance. Entertainment at its best, had so much fun watching you play and sing - great stuff! :clap: :+1:

@Rod58

Rod, you have a decent singing voice, I could listen to you all day! Your rendition of “Lying Eyes” was amazing (despite the small hiccups) and I really felt it. Wow! The second song I’ve never heard before, but liked it instantly thanks to your performance - great choice! Very well done on both! :clap: :+1:

@jestersea

Jesse, that was also just amazing and you chose 2 quite difficult songs, especially “Take on me” is quite hard range wise, but you did so well! Your higher register sounds so great! On your first song, I really enjoyed how seemingly effortless you picked and sang at the same time. Thumbs up for both performances! :clap: :+1:

@Jenndye429 and Dan

Jenn and Dan, I always enjoy listening to and watching you, it’s so much fun! Some good, solid rock music at its best. You really need some bass player and form a band, but also as duo you sound great already. Pushing rhythm on the drums (can’t wait to hear the Ludwig!), decent playing and your voice is also blowing and fits perfectly to the tunes you chose. Amazing! :clap: :+1:

@skeletor83

David, that’s passion! You put all your heart into your performances, especially the second one. This one blew me away, awesome playing and singing! It’s a pitty that there was some tone issue ongoing for the first song, the slides must have sounded amazing - the bits I heard were pleasing! Great stuff! :clap: :+1:

@jkahn

JK, you did it again. I just love your rendition of “Hurt” - awesome and a little heart breaking at the same time! But man, what an amazing finale, it couldn’t have been better for me. Your Original really got me, I liked it a lot! Great work and I need to listen to it over and over again. Awesome! :clap: :+1:

Thanks again to all for this entertaining show - it had a little bit of everything and all a great saturday night show needs. :sunglasses:

Cheers - Lisa

8 Likes

Thank you for watching Lisa and taking the time to provide such great feedback! Always appreciated :grinning: So glad you enjoyed the show!

4 Likes

Lisa many thanks for watching the whole show and sharing your feedback, much obliged!

2 Likes

Thank you @JokuMuu and @Lisa_S for your reviews. Always nice to read a blow-by-blow on how the show went down. :smiley:

2 Likes

@jkahn This comment about your song choice considerations captured well one of the fun parts of this OM for me - putting together my own mini setlist and considering song choice, key (I changed the key of my song #2 because I found it difficult in rehearsals for my voice to tradition from one key to another) , which guitars to use, figuring out pacing, etc.

1 Like