Open Mic Livestream 03: Recording + After-Show Party & Chat

When the Levee Breaks is one of my favorites.

Iā€™ve been to some of the midnight showings in Los Angeles. A totally manic blast! ā€œLetā€™s do the time warp agaiiiiiin!ā€ :rofl:

1 Like

A little late for the party, life took over! I could only watch eight of the ten performers live (sorry JK and David) but saw the rest on the recording yesterday. I was simply blown away by all those awsome performances. A lot has been said already I can only agree with previous posters, everyone did a great job, outstanding! I was impressed with the professionalism you played and sung (to be honest, I didnā€™t expect anything else as I read the performers list). I had a very, very enjoyable evening, thank you all for that! :heartbeat:
Every single performer is a great motivator to keep on practicing and playing. Happy, that I had the chance watching this event. Thanks to all the helping hands behind the scenes and to Justin for making this event available :guitar: :hibiscus: :hibiscus: :hibiscus:!

2 Likes

Hi All, I caught this from about half way in live and was glued until the end kicking myself I missed the start!
So many congratulations to you all, awesome :+1: :clap: :metal: :fire: :heartbeat:

1 Like

Vielen Dank, Lisa :smiley:
Iā€™m really glad you enjoyed it. I knew that this would provide entertainment for many, but also cross the bad-taste barrier for some (and thatā€™s understandable).
Sometimes itā€™s good to put yourself out of your comfort zone and believe me, I was well out of mine on this occasion (literally as well as metaphorically- that lingerie was not a thing of comfort :laughing:)
I can happily hang up my wig now, having done all the exploration of ā€˜the other sideā€™ and get back to my normal humdrum lifeā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: I feel disheartened at my own progress having watched Livestream #3

Nicole, thank you for your kind words. Yes we finally worked through the difficulties, my nerves being one. It did end being so much fun, and we are glad to be part of such a great event. Pleased you enjoyed our spot.

Thank you Lisa, we are pleased you enjoy our performances. We were a little thrown by the tech issues, we could not hear anyone, but it turned out well. It was lots of fun to be involved in this and we hope to do it all again. Just to keep the Adrenalin flowing nicely you understand. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Well done EVERYONE. !

R.

Sorry all I couldnā€™t listen in live on the night as we were out giggingā€¦I briefly tuned in and was accosted by @brianlarsen in full drag :joy:

@KevinKevan Great vocal and playing. Looking really relaxed and comfortable playing. Great cover of Sheā€™s Electric. Handled the chorus well vocally as the key changes normally (well I sing it higher anyway :slight_smile: ).

@Malz Glad you got the tech issues sorted! Always nice to hear you and Lara together. Thought Lara was really strong on the first song. Great job on PEF song. Sounded really good. Some nice single note stuff on that as well Mal.

@elevatortrim really strong start on the playing front. Definite balance issues between the volume of your guitar and vocal. Iā€™m assuming you were getting the same in your headphonesā€¦that really doesnā€™t help when you are trying to sing and makes it difficult to sing in tune as well. Always always make sure you can hear yourself singing fully (playing live that means making sure your monitor is set correctly). That said I thought you did a strong performance of Imagine. nice use of fx on the RHCPsongā€¦and thought you played it really well. Great show Serhat.

@adi_mrok you really are busting it considering youā€™ve only been playing with Justin for 3 years. Great job on both songs and nice to see you switch between acoustic and electric. Again the second the performance was a real treat and Iā€™ve commented on your separate thread on that one.

@brianlarsen (or should that be Brianne) Unique and an absolute entertainer (ā€œIā€™ll tell you when itā€™s finishedā€¦just in case you donā€™t realiseā€ classic). Thought you did a great performance and really enjoyed the songs. Looked pretty comfortable on those barre chords too.

@Rod58 Really strong performance. No problem with the vocals nice and clear. Maybe a little bump in volume on the guitar needed or perhaps fx were a little heavy (adjust the dry/wet mix) but was pretty clear none the less.

@jestersea nice finger picking and loved the first song. Sounded really comfortable and relaxed throughout. Really brave to take on Take on Me! on acoustic too. Nice go at the intro too. Liked your approach to it and thought you did a great job on it.

@Jenndye429 Jenn and Danā€¦ rocking out to two great songs. Loved the energy across them both. Sounded absolutely great. I think a bit of reverb on your vocal would really make a difference.

@skeletor83 Real shame that there were some audio issues at the start but what I could hear sounded good.

@jkahn nice confident JC cover. Reckon the vocal gets stronger every time I hear you do this one. Nice playing too and comfortable on those barre chords. Loved the original song, pretty catchy as well. Great job.

6 Likes

Thank you Jason, pleased you enjoyed our playing. Considering myself a rhythm guitarist and not usually drawn to trying solos this song seemed to want it, so it was attempted. It almost came off, but the result was not bad. :smiley: :smile:

1 Like

Hope my appearance didnā€™t put you off your stride :laughing: Some of those songs are great, though, arenā€™t they? :smiley:

I still smile and appreciate you saying way back that you eventually become so used to barre chords that they donā€™t really feel any different to open ones. Nice one! :wink:

Thanks, @Rossco01!

Actually, what I was hearing in my headphones and even when I recorded and listened back were miles better and Iā€™m very frustrated because of that.

I think what happened is I was singing much more confidently and that compensated for the lack of microphone volume when practising.

1 Like

Thank you so much Jason! I would like to start playing around with some effects on the vocals at some point :grinning:

Awesome performances. I think that anybody who could be interested in online guitar lessons would consider Justin Guitar that teaches so many different styles of music and mise-en-scĆØne as his or her first option.

2 Likes

@brianlarsen

Iā€™m trawling the archive OM recordings.

Go to OM5 (The Burning Hell cover) and check the little introductory banter - especially from 00:45:56

Teehee
:rofl:

1 Like

Haha, what is this, Richard? Letā€™s all pick on Brian season? :roll_eyes:
Never before has such a wonderful song been so brutally butchered :rofl:
And my missus says I have too much time on my handsā€¦

1 Like

Hi Brian. Picking on you? ā€¦ the very thought of it. Goodness, no sir. Merely enjoying a moment of mirth at the premonition you seemed to conjure about performing with a taboo part of your anatomy exposed!
:slight_smile:

We finally returned from our travels and were able to watch the stream. Congratulations to everyone that performed, you all did great! @brianlarsen I am going to blame you for any nightmares I have tonight. :rofl: Not everyone can pull off that look. We are looking forward to sitting in the audience for OM 18 this Saturday.

2 Likes

Thanks for the ā€˜bumpā€™ Mark :roll_eyes: I thought we were letting sleeping dogs lieā€¦
Iā€™ll be ā€˜isolatedā€™ in the Irish Sea this Saturday, so unable to cause any upset either as performer or as heckler :wink:

1 Like