Original Song - I ain’t lost

Hi all,
It’s been ages since I wrote an original song and to be honest I am not very good at sitting down and just writing, as I usually wait until something inspires me or an idea just pops into my head and the song then seems to pop out. Anyway I was driving home the other evening and saw a bumper sticker on a car and thought it might be a good idea for a song . I slept on it and woke yesterday morning and just scribbled down the lyrics and just went for it as is…

Thanks for listening….

18 Likes

That was really Enjoyable Eddie! :clap: :clap:

One of my personal favorite things about the songwriting process is how ideas can be sparked from the most seemingly mundane things. I love that you wrote that whole song based on a bumper sticker!

Your vocal tone sounded really nice and the guitar sounded great as well. Nice job! :+1:

1 Like

Great! I like it a lot! I could have finished quite a few songs by now I think, but I always struggle with the lyrics - you clearly don’t! :+1:

1 Like

That was excellent Eddie.

1 Like

Yes it has been a while Ed, good to you back on that verandah :+1:. Nicely done with song and sound came over nicely too :+1: what was you recording on?

1 Like

beautiful guitar! nice song to, well done @Eddie_09 . I write lyrics on the spur of the moment as well. very inspiring to see this, I need to actualy write the song for my lyrics now :face_with_spiral_eyes:thats the hard bit for me

1 Like

That’s fabulous, Eddie. Really liked the vibe, great feel.

I liked the way you kept what I think is the I chord out the verse, giving the chorus that extra boost when it comes in (of course I could be completely wrong about that :rofl:)

Now I am also not one of the Oasis fan club, and maybe it is just the stuck chords, Cadd9 Em moves, but song has a decided Oasis sound to me. Not a bad thing at all, just something I noticed.

But mostly I listen to your rhythm, the feel of the strumming, and get all wishful.

Bravo!!

1 Like

Hi Eddie,
Wonderful start to the day, enjoy these peaceful sounds and singing voice before breakfast while the tea is steeping. :sunglasses: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Greetings

1 Like

Excellent song and performance, Eddie! :sunglasses:
I’m presuming the song title was the bumper sticker, even though there were a bunch of lines in the lyrics that could fulfill that role as that as well :rofl:

A gentle prod to @domi7, @Kate_South & @CD02, who’ve all expressed interest in songwriting/collaboration on another thread:
The time is now.
Putting off things ‘until we’re better’ does not make a for a better songwriter. It’s like everything else, you only get better at the things you practice. You’ll probably feel your initial attempts are terrible, but they can be so satisfying! :smiley:

6 Likes

Hi Eddie, a wonderful song you wrote! If I heard it on the radio, I’d turned up the volume immediately!
Loved the vibe and the thoughtful lyrics a lot! The melody, the chord progression, your strumming and singing fit very well together and make this song a most enjoyable listen.
And I liked the dynamics, getting more intense towards the end.
More please!

2 Likes

Thank you Jen for the listen and the nice supportive comments. Writing about seemingly mundane things or being inspired by something I see has always been my approach to songwriting as it helps me feel more connected and invested in what I am trying to achieve.
@domi7 thank you Dominique for the kind words and go out and finish those songs you have started. I look forward to hearing them!
@brianlarsen Thanks Brian, yes now that i have listened back to the Sony there are a few bumper stickers in there :joy:. Perhaps inspiration for another song? :joy:. The one I did use was “all those who wander aren’t lost”.
@TheCluelessLuthier thank you so much Mark!
@Helen0609 thank you Andrea for the supportive comments and the high praise. I am really glad you enjoyed the song
@Kate_South thank you for the listen Vivienne and I hope you get to finish and share with us some of your songs.
@roger_holland thanks Roger and I am glad I passed the time for you while your tea was seeping and hopefully I made it taste a little sweeter :joy:
@CD02 Thanks for the listen Craig and happy that you enjoyed the song. It was a very simple recording, just acoustic guitar and and iPad. Just like me and nothing fancy :joy:

5 Likes

Thank you David for the nice comments. To be honest I didn’t go for the Oasis vibe but I will happily take that! I am a fan of the stuck 3/4 chords and use them a lot . I didn’t make a conscious decision on leaving the 1 chord until the chorus but when playing around with the song it seemed to work better and added some dynamics and as Justin says “if it sounds good……”

1 Like

“I ain’t lost!” would be much funnier :rofl:

1 Like

Unless of course you are lost :joy:

1 Like

That’s a nice tune, Eddie! :smiley:

It has a really catchy melody in the chorus, I keep on humming the last line since 10 mins. :slight_smile: Great back story with the bumper sticker - it’s amazing how small things in life can inspire us to create something beautiful like that.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Super song and performance, Eddie. Good to see you back posting some originals. Hopefully, something else inspires you very soon, so we can get another treat from you.

1 Like

Hey Eddie! Nice one! Really liked it. It’s got pop appeal. I even had a go at soloing over the progression there in F#minor Pentatonic. . .which was. . .interesting. . .only for my lack of fluency around the fretboard, nevertheless, it made me wann try to put down some single note lines and that’s saying something I reckon.

Anyway, I had fun listening and stumbling along in the old minor pentatonic. . .probably weren’t even in the right key. . but t’was fun nevetheless!

Thanks for that!! Keep em coming!

J

1 Like

Thank you Lisa and I am happy that I got you humming along even after you finished listening :sunglasses:
@Socio thank you James and hopefully the next song comes along quicker than this one.
@jgottwals thanks Jeremy and I am pleased to hear that you had a go at improvising over the song. I hadn’t really thought about that until you mentioned it so maybe I will try something myself with a looper pedal and see how it goes. I appreciate the listen and the comment :sunglasses:

1 Like

Catchy melody and clever lyrics too Eddie. Well done.

1 Like

Cheers Gordon. I appreciate the listen and the comment.