Pics of your ‘set up’

I did too, eventually moving just to acoustic. The electric accoutrement is vast and a rabbit hole. I get into things like that too much and I felt it was taking away from actually playing guitar.

My thought would be to keep the accessories minimal and keep the tones on the simple side until you have a comfortable grasp of actually playing the instrument. Then go wild!

3 Likes

A minimal setup with an electric guitar, and a small amp like the Yamaha THR10ii or the Boss Katana Air is all you need to scratch that itch, and is a nice, pretty straightforward to use, set up which is well suited for a small space.

With the THR10ii you’ll need a cable too, or get the G10T transmitter. The Katana Air has the wireless included.

Cheers,

Keith

3 Likes

Here are a couple of pics of my music area. This was our family room that we now use pretty much exclusively for music. We have a backdrop up right now for filming video, but that comes up or down depending on what we are doing. It’s a bit of organized chaos and there are a lot of cords/cables around, but it works for us!

15 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen this in your vids which I really enjoyed (especially RATM) :slightly_smiling_face: a great set up and really looks the part when you’re performing :v:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Both Dan and I have theater backgrounds, so it’s safe to say we love the “performance” aspect :wink: @Chazzo78

1 Like

All a bit cramped in to the corner of a bedroom but very chilled and calming.

10 Likes

That headstock is awfully familiar :heart_eyes:

Mine is not an Ibanez but made in the Hoshino Gakki factory which owns Ibanez.

1 Like

@Lefteris That’s funny. Mine was also built in Japan somewhen in the 1980’s.
Does your guitar also have such an extraordinary bridge?

Hi Nicole @NicoleKKB!
Mine is roughly similar age as yours but it has a typical 6 point tremolo bridge which I have setup as fixed bridge.
I have an old thread about it, here: Old Guitar Day!

1 Like

Here’s my setup, parts of which people would have seen from my videos. Just not the desk bit.

I’m a bit of a tech nut if anyone hadn’t figured that out by now. The amp is a Fender GTX50, it’s hooked up to a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (via XLR), as is the mic. I can play with headphones or without, record silently, etc, without mucking around with changing cabling. Everything is hooked up all the time. Aside from the acoustic of course. I have another acoustic but that’s for the kids to muck around with.

What you don’t see is the other side of the room - that’s full of my kid’s toys and whatever mess they’ve created.

14 Likes

Like it, looks organised and efficient with space to move around :+1: how’s that table top mic stand working out for you? I’m looking at buying one myself to record acoustic/vocals while sitting down, could be a valuable space saver :v:

1 Like

You nailed it, I have it so it takes up less space vs a floor one - they seem to have a large footprint.

It’s a Rode PSA1. I’m happy with it. It’s on a boom arm, and condenser mics stay put, my dynamic mic is a lot lighter and won’t stay in every position… but it works for me.

1 Like

I get a corner of the dining room.

12 Likes

Nicole!! You’ve got an electric guitar :star_struck: I didn’t know :blush:

1 Like

Oh, is there an Acoustasonic in the middle?

There is, with a Taylor on the left and a Journey travel guitar on the rigjt.

1 Like

The essentials…There is also a desk, computers, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface that I need to start putting to use, speakers etc. All too messy to show at the moment, but all in all a comfortable place to practice.

11 Likes

That’s mine, quite small but very cozy :grinning:

15 Likes

Needs padding on the walls :wink:

Nah it’s only me and my Mrs and no neighbour on any of the surrounding walls in this room :grinning: as for the acoustics of the room its so tiny it barely generates any echo :laughing: