Problems with the community on mobile

Since yesterday the community has graphical glitches on mobile, and I can’t post or reply to threads on mobile. On PC seems fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

I can’t help but think this might have been caused by the maintenance recently?

1 Like

Check out maintenance thread there are people with the same issue as well. On mobile try accessing via browser and not app, in URL change mobile_view to=0 from 1. Desktop view seems to be not corrupted

Scheduled Downtime at JustinGuitar.com (March 21, 2023, from 13:00 GMT)

1 Like

Thanks. I was able to use that to fix my phone. For whatever reason, it doesn’t affect my Android tablet.

1 Like

You can access community on your app? :thinking:

Me? Yeah no problems on my Android tablet, but my Android phone didn’t like the mobile view. I changed that 0 to 1 on the Chrome mobile browser, and it fixed the little pseudo app as well. I’ll leave it in desktop now.

where on the app is the community button?

Wait you mean the Justin app? No there’s a way to generate a pseudo-app of the community out of Chrome. It looks like an app icon on your desktop, but really just uses chrome.

but the op says “i cant post replies on mobile”. i haven’t owned a desktop in 25 years :laughing::laughing::laughing:

When you’re using the community on a tablet or phone, you can choose between “mobile view” or “desktop view.” The mobile view is glitched for most people right now.

Is it perhaps on your tablet you have desktop view as a default? If no then keep this tablet forever :grinning:

Nope, for whatever reason I can switch back and forth on the tablet with no problem. Just not on the phone.

Thanks, I went to have a look and yeah, seems its affecting everyone.

I can’t seem to get to desktop view on my iPhone - I don’t think it would be very usable on mobile, anyway - what a bummer, I do most of my community reading and watching on mobile. I hope they fix it soon.

Currently (09.56 UTC) I can’t access either the JG website or the Community on my IPhone. I can however access them both on my iPad.

I clicked on the Mobile view on my iPhone to see if that would sort out the viewing issues and now my iPhone is unusable for viewing the Community, it just keeps flashing. I considered clearing my browser under settings but I have a whole lot of other tabs open and I don’t want to clear out everything. I use my iPhone 90+ % of the time, so I’ll just wait now.

This issue has been addressed in this thread.

You won’t be able to do it from the hamburger menu on your phone since the screen keeps reloading, but you can enter any JG Community url in your Android/iOS browser and change the mobile_view parameter from ‘?mobile_view=1’ to ‘?mobile_view=0’.

This forces mobile view off:

https://community.justinguitar.com/?mobile_view=0

And this would force mobile view back on:

https://community.justinguitar.com/?mobile_view=1

1 Like

Works fine on my Samsung phone although I do now get all the widgets (new, latest, etc) on every page.

Thanks. I typed in the address ending in mobile view =0 and that fixed the flashing. It came back when I typed in mobile view =1, so I went back to mobile view =0 and it works fine again. I’ll leave it like that for now.

Thanks.

Exact same problem here JK.

I also did this and have the same problem - the continuous flashing now.

What a PITA…

1 Like

Yes it is.
I used the link that Jeff put above and when I went to a fresh site and typed in that address the flashing was gone. I think I have the desktop view on my iPhone now, but I can live with that. When I typed in the 2nd address to get the mobile view it just went back to the flashing, so I used the first address again.