Rogers rock on wheels

Happy NGD Rogier. When the missing parts arrive your guitar will look great. :smiley:

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully some audiophiles can comment on this…I find it very difficult to imitate an acoustic guitar…thank you in advance…
More than words :with no pedal

Attempt two on blues “project”

3:21WORDT NU AFGESPEELD

Try a few more times and I’ll know … and remember how to properly copy and post a video with picture and play arrow in the middle…
This is a 2nd attempt of something that should lead to a beautiful and complete song, but I don’t really know if this drum and bass under my chords is an improvement… I myself think not
Greetings ,Rogier

Lovely melodic lines, variation of note lengths, and a pleasing tone … lots for me to like Rogier.

I think I’d have liked the backing a little softer relative to the lead.

Well done.

1 Like

Thanks David,
And I totally understand what you’re saying about the lead being a bit too soft…or vice versa…I’ll really have to look for a computer and then play over the focusrite, because now I can only hear it afterwards, and if i think it`s a little ok then i don’t feel much like trying again(I didn’t even notice this),… but i will listen to you :smile:
Greetings

1 Like

Congratulations Rogier :grinning: very well deserved!

4 Likes

Hello …
I’m going to thank a few people for their contribution to my next purchase which has now become active for 3 (?)weeks.
For anyone looking for quite large room-filling monitor boxes … these are very suitable in my opinion to replace your hi-fi boxes, and although they have a “sweet spot” ,…at a distance of 7 meters, they also sound great … my wife is a little less happy because they are larger than I estimated (yes yes, the sizes were included of course) … they are on the table in the first photo and it seems to be not too bad, but that depends on my quality of photography, … on the 2nd photo there is 1 on the new tables that we bought for it, ,
also not good from our sitting / eating position… and oh yes, this is our dining/my playing and more table :grin:, … so we are going for a different living room / kitchen layout, because this is not acceptable for my wife (and I don’t think it looks good like that either ) …
But the sound is absolutely great, super, beautiful Wow …
So a super good choice and THANKS for that @Majik , @J.W.C , @DavidP and @TheMadman_tobyjenner ,…
Greetings,Rogier

This are the ,…Yamaha HS8W actieve studiomonitor …

6 Likes

And now that I’m busy typing in my LL I’ll continue with the actual reason I’m digging up this old thread, … I could open a new topic with the happy news, but I’ll keep it anyway but here, there are enough topics being made at the moment and this is easier to ignore for the people with little time,…

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: …BUT,…We are expecting a little one,… :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

If all goes well, it will come tomorrow or the day after tomorrow…With love it will be taken into this household and I will cherish and hold it with all my mind,…
There is already a picture in the first stage of its existence…

I wanted to have a string height measuring thing,…my guitars have never been serviced except 1x a string change…it’s about time I took it a bit more seriously and put in some effort,… but such a measuring thing cost 4.90 euros, and the shipping costs were 5.90 euros … so my wife said on Saturday, shipping costs should not be more expensive than what you ordered, … just order some more !!..BIG MISTAKE to let me search for thomann with my free hand… (although I have restrained myself quite a bit), only strings, suspension bracket, picks and beautiful ukulele strap :innocent:
Very nice something new that suddenly reveals a whole lot of new lessons from Justin for my … :grinning: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
I’ve seen more very nice ukuleles and I’m going to ask for one for my mother’s Christmas,…we don’t give each other gifts, only my mother always wants us to give up something and demands that we don’t buy anything,. …so this year an Epiphone or Fender Fullerton Jazzmaster uke under the tree (if I like it of course or my wife gets infected with the ukulele virus)…

Greetings, and BTW I hope someone can benefit from the story about the monitor boxes,
Rogier

5 Likes

I scrolled down expecting to see @brianlarsen asking who’s the father. There must be a Ukule bug going around at the moment. @sairfingers has been making enquiries. That looks really nice, the colour is lovely. It’s so much nicer than the Ukule I picked up years ago that sits in the living room waiting patiently for me to learn how to play it. Enjoy.

P.s. at first I thought you were trying to giveaway the boxes that the monitors came in to someone in the community.

2 Likes

Don’t do that! :angry:
I was going all soft and mushy thinking of sending positive, supportive messages about how wonderful the world is etc…
May you burn in hell! (Well, that’s a bit strong. But a little extra time in purgatory maybe… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Perhaps you even did me a favour as I dug our my own uke and had a tentative strum for the first time since the ukulele anthem
On a completely different topic, would you think of putting the speakers on brackets up on the wall/in the corners?
Send pics when it arrives. Or even better sound samples :wink:

1 Like

Hi James,…
:laughing:,…
I first wanted to make sense as a topic,…but that would create too many expectations :grin:
I just read it from Gordon,…and if you read this Gordon,…there are 4 types,…and someone here on the forum made me choose a concert uke,… a baritone would be a second choice for what I’ve read about it and how big/small my hands are…

And James, I was actually surprised that there are so many different ukuleles, … if I like it all, well you can go “totally crazy” with this :laughing:
:blush:
Greetings,…

2 Likes

:blush: :see_no_evil: :blush:
Hi My always cheerful friend with your kind words,…and even if they are not so kind (or just then) then I laugh the cramps in my back :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :sunglasses:
I’ll stand next to you during the big clock rope thing when time has come, nice and warm :innocent:

Of course I will show some sounds … after a long practice, … and sooner or later through my scarlett / focusrite because he can hang on the cord, … and monitor boxes in the corner with the large bass output at the back is not quite the intention, … and they are very heavy and my walls are very brittle,
Greetings,…

1 Like

It’s probably terrible etiquette to ‘performance-bomb’ someone else’s learning log, but it’s only Rogier :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

I might have been too harsh yesterday, so thought if you are expecting a new addition to your family we should celebrate with a little song :smiley:

Noooo… ukuleles are not instruments. They are objects of fun :partying_face:
You play them to make yourself smile, and hopefully others too.
I’d better go get dressed now, eh?

2 Likes

Hi Brian,…or… What the hell Brian,

How dare you just drop songs in someone else’s LL,…

well, if it’s possible somewhere then it is indeed possible with me :grin:,…and given the context I think it’s also appropriate,. …and even very nice :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:, And the applause is also for the beautifully matching color of the bathrobe with the uke, well thought out :sunglasses:,
And that (suppressed) grin on your face in the beginning made me laugh out loud here :joy:

And no, yesterday was certainly not too harsh, there is quite a bit on top posible :joy:,

I actually thought that you would post your ode to the ukulele song here, … you can do that with anyone who says or shows something about the ukulele, :grin: :sunglasses:,…
and you`r probaly right that they are objects of fun, the sound gives a smile even sloppy played :joy: :rofl:
Greets,…

And for Gordon @sairfingers i found this in my quest for what I will start on Thursday,…
Ukelele buying guide

2 Likes

Hi Rogier, congrats to your newest family member, did it arrive in time? Have fun an let us hear your newest acquisition :wink:

1 Like

Hi Andrea,
Thank you, :smiley: ,…tomorrow or the day after tomorrow is the big day :smile: …and I will definitely give some tones and an opinion / review about this new toy,… :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

1 Like

Hey Roger, you said this was “a collected mess”…you didn’t say it was this cheerful with lots of chatting and jokes :laughing::wink:
Now, what about that little baby beauty? :star_struck: Is it joyfully making noise in the house?! I find the sound of ukes to be so joyful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi Silvia,
Very sweet of you :blush:…thanks,…
And as for that ukulele, I’ve only played it for a very short time,…learned 2 songs for a few hours 2 days,…of course Wonderfull World and Over the Rainbow…how cliché :roll_eyes:,…but super fun, :sunglasses:
For Christmas I got a solidbody uke, but I haven’t tried it yet… :see_no_evil:
greetings,…

1 Like

1 Like