Rogers rock on wheels

Nooo, unfortunately. The one I have now is already 8 years old and I was not taken seriously by other disabled people when I said that it cost 7000 euros excluding pillow … I was the pauper (poor) among the wheelchair users here :grin:

So now with inflation and now it’s handmade from switzerland… I also hope this gentleman was exaggerating (I’ll see the receipt when he arrives) but 10000+ isn’t strange here years ago…

:wavy_dash: :wavy_dash: :wheelchair:

1 Like

Hi Rogier,
nice to read the backstory to this one :laughing:

if it helps… it also happened to me, as I had a try with a video editing tool I’ve never used before… :see_no_evil:

Ha, ha, whatching your face was quite funny…

Apart from that, this was some nice improvising, I could see and hear you “riding the wave”. Sounded good!

Sorry to hear about that, Rogier. :green_heart:

1 Like

Oh yes Rogier, keeping an improv for that length of time and keeping it interesting is no mean feat. I love the distractions not affecting your flow towards the end, was that why you did the head shake at the end! Be proud, be happy, that was great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Andrea , @Helen0609
Thanks…

:see_no_evil: :laughing: This was my second time I used it …

:joy: that face , apparently not so crazy if my wife is in space and / or the cat is busy with something she added while watching this video :see_no_evil:

Thanks also for the last…

and Mark @Notter thanks for that but the whole video I was distracted and it went from “bad to worse” (the distraction) and shaking my head was because I actually thought it didn’t come out much as I was hoping when started, weird/funny how things go sometimes :smiley:

Thanks… :blush:

2 Likes

Really really enjoyed that Rogier! Wow now I’ve got some more inspiration!! Your playing really gives a good demo of repeating motifs, very very nice. Beyond me too offer any constructive criticism - except to say turn your guitar up (or the backing track down), I couldn’t hear you well enough. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh and yes I couldn’t believe that you could just keep on in the midst of obvious distractions!!!

1 Like

Hi Mari,
Thank you so much and :blush:

For the sound I hope to have found a solution to do that a little better, I still have 1 or 2 old recordings, but I recently bought a (low) tripod and can better place my phone in the room …

And a big problem pops up in my head now, i think (only the erased recording of the piece before this) my guitar playing doesn’t often get much better, and the “i get so distracted card” is there not anymore now :roll_eyes: :grin:

Greetings :horse:

1 Like

Absolutely. I actually felt like I had just turned on the stereo and was catching the solo of some brit pop song.

You should let her choose more recordings to share

1 Like

Nice one Roger. Some nice melodic lines, and no mean to feat to sustain an improv for a few minutes. And, as a seasoned player, you handled the distractions with aplomb. :clap:
Keep em coming. We need alot more improv/ soloing on this forum.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Hi James, @Socio
Thank you very much and i take that as a compliment :smiley: oddly enough i never got to hear the “brit pop feeling” as i can’t name more music directions that are so obvious to many people…but i think of Beatles then :sunglasses:

And yes the wife can that apparently be done a little better … She listens and looks a little less critically at things regarding me, that may be obvious and luckily if you look at me :joy:

Greetings,

And Shane @sclay
You have pushed me to do more improvisation , and you are right about the duration of recordings … but there will be a few I expect that will be a bit longer here , but I will keep your words in mind…
And thank you for the compliments :smiley: :sunglasses:

Greetings

1 Like

It has been far too long since you last shared some improv, Rogier. Some lovely lines and embellishments in this sweet jam.

Good idea to make a copy of the file before any editing as a just-in-case backup.

2 Likes

Hi David,
Thank you so much that`s a nice thing to hear :smiley: :sunglasses: And

Now you sound exactly like my wife :joy: :rofl: (no really :laughing: )

(only where this is often used as an insult, in my case it is always a compliment :smiley:)

Greetings,

1 Like

The undo button and open recycle bin are also very handy features… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Brian … do you have forgotten who you are talking to here :face_with_raised_eyebrow:, although I have a hunch what you could mean with ‘open recylcle bin’ and will talk to my wife about this next week …
Work work work :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I ALWAYS do that normally :joy:. Being in a hurry doesn’t pay off sometimes!

Hmpf…, feeling even more stupid… :laughing:
Decided, that my playing in this case wasn’t worth the effort to jump into the bin!

2 Likes

You rock Rogier :love_you_gesture::guitar::love_you_gesture: To my ear this sounds super cool and we all are very grateful to your wife for insisting on you posting it!

My constructive feedback would be…your wrist seems sometimes bent in a way that if you were to play a longer solo it may end to hurt soon…BUT…since I know a damn nothing about electric guitars you please take this with an abundant pinch of salt :innocent::blush::grin:

It was very enjoyable to listen to and also to see that you were really fully engaged in it…
Bravissimo :blush:…more please :pray:

1 Like

Extremely cool Rogier with some great skills on show. I am glad your wife insisted you post it! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Well the almighty algorithm showed me your video on YouTube and I went hunting for an AVOYP topic - none! Here it is in your learning log.

Trying to sneak one past us huh, well I can see that didn’t work!

The start was a little bit pedestrian, but then you really got into it! I liked the repeated phrasing and fast licks. I thought you were really getting into some passionate guitar face, then realised you were communicating to someone else. Although I think some of the better playing happened when you were distracted. I wonder if there’s something in that.

Nice one Rogier.

1 Like

Hi Silvia @SILVIA
Thank you thank you :sunglasses: :blush:

I certainly don’t. :thinking:

You had me checked extra and I noticed a long time ago that that wrist is at a somewhat not good angle and I think that is definitely something I should pay more attention to, with chords during practice I pay close attention , but I never record that on video, so how does that go during “free” play??? By the way, I can easily keep this up for 15 minutes twice a day in a row and my fingers and hands don’t get tired at all because I use almost no force, so I’m not really afraid of hurting my wrist when soloing (yet) BUT I’m going to take it with me… .Thank you for that :sunglasses:
Greetings

Hi Eddie @Eddie_09
Thank you for your nice comment :sunglasses: and yes I’m going to feel sorry that I didn’t give this Improvement its own topic as she said :blush:
Greetings,

Hi JK @jkahn ,
You make me laugh out loud :rofl:
It’s hardly normal anymore how often you appear in the side with Brian :joy:

In the beginning I was really thinking whether I would stop after the tension of playing for an almost strange person who also came along…
And indeed strange how that works with that distraction, apparently I’ve done this enough that I have to think less and let go more, I don’t often have that Flow feeling, but the more I practice the more times a week for 1 or more minutes it’s happening,
Thanks I really liked your comment :sunglasses: :blush:
Greetings

3 Likes

This also popped up on my U Toob feed and I’ve been awaiting for an AVOYP post but thought I’d check your LL out just in case.

That was nicely played sir and like others have said kudos for keeping going despite the gate crashers - think I would have cursed and folded. You have a good theme going on through the session, with some good little loops and repeated phrases. Certainly made a good listen. If I were to add any additional pointers, it did seem a bit busy across the whole 2 minutes, so my advice would be to allow some extra space here and there an let a few lick end trail out on sustain. But I am no expert so take that with a pinch of salt sir.

I’d echo the comment, that we don’t hear enough from you, well on the playing side anyway. :rofl: And that coming from someone who’s been neglecting his recording duties this year. Guess you can ignore that as well.

Thanks for sharing, now get some locks on the doors !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Toby,
Thank you very much :sunglasses:

You also make me laugh out loud :joy:

:joy:

Thanks for the You-tube rhythm :sunglasses:

Yes I think you are right with more rest in between… this was towards the end of the backing which had to go to a high point… but honestly I can also start so busy, definitely something I do more often going to do a little wrong so keep mentioning it please, it’s already in my head after playing, now before that and my fingers that have to obey…

There is no lock on the gate door … and it was so nice that my wife would have a key to it :joy:(although she was not the first to come through the gate, so that might have helped :thinking:)

Thanks and greetings :smiley:

1 Like