Rogers rock on wheels

Finally, I managed to take a listen - cool stuff, Rogier! :sunglasses:

That was enjoyable to listen and watch - the surprise on your face when you heard something unexpected, i.e. the door - priceless! :rofl: But kudos for just going on, the first listen I had I was scrolling down reading the comments and I didn’t notice anything while listening! :+1: Just saw it on second listen where I kept watching as well. I think this is impressive, I probably would have lost it all. :rofl:

I liked the melody lines, the repetive motives and embellishments, very pleasant to my ears. Beyond my playgrade to offer any sort of suggestions here, so please: Take my like and rock’n’roll on, nothing to see here. :rofl:

1 Like

Hi Lisa,
Thank you very much :blush: :sunglasses: and also for the reading and appreciation for it :sunglasses:
While I’m reading this from you the doorbell rings and a guitar box (or something???) appears and my wife is grinning…

Edit:
Amaiiiii :flushed: I also have to go out now but you get the first view Lisa…
I didn’t know about it at all… :partying_face:

Later I will make my first NGD topic and will not hide it further here :blush:

Greetings

1 Like

A very bad photo with strange things appearing ,just for the idee ( Edit: But is the picture posted then the strings are back to normal???)… I will do my best later but I really have to go out now :see_no_evil:… But I want to play with my new guitar Aaaaaa…
It’s a luxury problem :sunglasses: see you later

5 Likes

I will say a temporary Happy NGD Rogier and await the offical release, before further comment !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Fender acoustasonic, Rogier? I tried one of those at our music store and was quite intrigued, especially by the playability and comfortability. Gotta say no to a new guitar occasionally though!!! Lol. I am looking forward to hearing you play this one. Going to listen to your improv a couple more times now and then start my practice :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sorry Rogier, I can’t wait for an official NGD post… :roll_eyes:
Your wife bought you a guitar you knew nothing about?!? :open_mouth:
Were you dropping heavy hints?
I’ve seen pictures of them and they look cool
Happy you know what :laughing:

1 Like

Hi @TheMadman_tobyjenner and @Mari63 and @brianlarsen
NGD acoustasonic
Done Toby :smiley:
I haven’t played an acoustic Mari so it takes some getting used to for me I notice immediately and Brian

Yes, actually, she was already looking for that guitar next to me when Justin mentioned it and immediately shouted, just buy it man :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hahaha… yep, i do :rofl::rofl::rofl: that was pretty funny actually…
great playing on your last vid. Rogier!! Sounded killer.
Sorry for the positive vibe by the way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sneaky! I totally missed this till now, Rogier! Hiding this gem so subtly in your learning log, not fair! :laughing:

What a super cool improv!! Like JK mentioned a slow start (appreciating of course that you were actually well through the improv though at that point :sweat:) but from that sweet little run at the 29sec mark, it just takes off!

The fast licks, appropriately placed bends and gritty sections all work great to my ears! :sunglasses: :+1:

Are you still practicing this? Other than maybe working on that beginning portion, the rest works great, would love to see it fleshed out into a fully fledged composition. Please please please?! :pray: :pleading_face: :wink:

Well done and thanks (mostly to your wife! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) for sharing! Really enjoyed it :slight_smile:

Now, off to check out your NGD post! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Trond @tRONd
:joy:
And thank you very much and like your vibes man :grin: :sunglasses:
Greetings

Hi Jeff @nzmetal ,
Thank you thank you ,
Well, I sometimes have some trouble with correctly scaling what to post where and see myself just a little (cough) less well than I should , and no I haven’t played this anymore BUT actually also with the backing tracks I play a lot of licks because I don’t know that many yet, I often repeat myself with new backing tracks even in other music styles, I already see a lot of repetitions with what I tried in the beginning with the TRIO+
But I take your words into consideration and I think you have a good idea…

Silvia @SILVIA ,
You’ve caused a stir with your comment about my wrist, because I bend it way too often with solo :flushed:, as soon as my thumb slides over the neck a bit more or more often, I want to grab the neck in my palm like a baseball bat…As taught the E-shape with thumb over the neck … And that doesn’t look good .And with my new guitar where I suddenly (hopefully temporarily) have to use a lot more power, I have to work on this seriously …
Thanks thanks thank, but this is going to be a long road, a wrongly learned habit … is encouraged when I play further on high on the neck where my armrest is in the way, I think … that’s how it feels with my elbow otherwise always against it…work work work :sweat_smile:
Greetings

2 Likes

Don’t worry Rogier, I’ ll keep you company :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::grin:

Don’t be too hard on yourself for the bad habits, this is a journey of self-awareness…I could get crazy everyday at my own! Patience and will to improve, that’ ll be enough!

1 Like

No freaking way :flushed: :scream:

I saw a Jordan pass by and thought … well, I’ll take a look at ’ a Jorden’ but it probably won’t happen… would he finally after 3 years of nagging from me since I started saying that this really is the holy grail of learning the guitar and a life-changing experience for many and many !!!
:smiley:
So happy that someone in my live environment still listens to me.

Hi friend @JordenF :grin:

1 Like

You have real live friends? :open_mouth: :rofl:

1 Like

Oooo sweet mother of J…
I should have handled this one more carefully :see_no_evil:

joy

Flashback
:see_no_evil:

1 Like

You do have an annoying knack of recalling exactly where I repeat myself… :roll_eyes:
I shall do like @JordenF and keep quiet now :wink:
(Oh, of course, Welcome Jorden! :grinning:)

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: Auw my back :laughing:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Greetings from Jorden

A post was merged into an existing topic: Greetings from Jorden

Above are pictures of this guitar in better times … I have lost track of time a bit, but at least within 10 months this guitar is going from… not in such a good condition, but perhaps it can still be renovated to … OOOOOOOoooooo NOOOOO hell shoot me… :scream:

Sorry guitar :grimacing:

It is a guitar that I could only find 2 results for a few years ago after a long search and it was not of much use to me… Èlite from an Italian accordion builder who must have built it in the 1950s… I will take it to the guitar doctor for an inspection one day… so so sorry guitar …you where my first
and even though I never looked at you properly the way I should or touched you in the way you used to, you looked beautiful in my old bedroom … you always sounded out of tune but sometimes words say less than a good look :roll_eyes:
:grin:

Greetings…

1 Like

03-02-2022
House of the rising sun,First ‘real rec’ I played

19-05-2022

Rollercoaster Danny Vera

14-10-2022
Angie ( The Rolling Stones)

26-07-2023
Yesterday -Beatles

02-08-2023
Greensleeves! chord melody

Edit: But now with the correct links I :upside_down_face: hope

It’s not even a half update , but it gives an idea of ​​the changes over the short period of time…

1 Like