RonG - July 2022 - Green Day, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Neil Young & more

Thank you David.
I really appreciate it.
I am enjoying hanging out in this community and offering the odd comment, feedback etc. I also appreciate all the feedback my videos have been getting.
Thx to your subscription I am at 49. One to go. Woohoo.
Thx mate :+1:

1 Like

Ron

On the case mate !

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

The big 50. Thank you Toby.
Are you guys interested if I advertise my first livestream within this community.
If you are, I can work out a suitable time. Could be fun or a total disaster from my end :joy::sweat_smile::rofl: but what a great learning curve.
Cheers

That will down to the mods Ron :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ron, quite OK for you to advertise your first Live Stream in the Community. You can create a Topic for it in #record-yourself-progress-performance:live-gigs and once done share a recording in the same Topic.

As for timing, may be tricky, depending on the day of the week. If done during the week then the time you’d be likely to stream for an Australian audience would be the middle of my work, ruling me out (others not stuck with a day job may able to join)

1 Like

Hi fellow Justineers,
I have really been appreciating the great feedback and encouragement I have been getting from this community. Truly is a great place to be.
I have just completed this latest cover. I have change my mix a fair bit to to take into account the fantastic suggestions I have received on my previous videos. So there is a heap less reverb on my guitar and vocals, also cut the chorus fx back and done some tweaking with compression. All and any feedback welcome.
I hope you like my version of this Rolling Stones Classic. And for those who commented about my last post…this is the other mob…not the Beatles :joy::rofl:
Cheers
Ron

12 Likes

Nailed it Ron. For this song the FX changes worked well, they were dialled back just right IMHO. Loved the vocal melodies, very well done on those.

Superb job sir !!

1 Like

Thx Toby. The feedback has been so helpful.

Unfortunately I think I might have added this to the wrong thread.
Can one of the moderators move it to the correct area or do I need to repost.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Extremely nice cover, Ron!

1 Like

That was excellent Ron. In my opinion you’ve got the fx just right on this one! :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Ron that was wonderful. Such a joy to watch you play and your voice is amazing. Great job. I just picked up my first guitar last September and have been following Justin’s lesson, so you are definitely an inspiration to me.

1 Like

Lovely rendition, Ron.

Not only am I a fan of The Mob over the other lot, this is also a favourite. I have had a crack once or twice but only play a simple strum a dum dum. Your accompaniment is first class.

I also like the mix.

And have updated the tagging.

1 Like

Hi Sylvie and welcome to the Community.

We all need some inspiration and Ron has been putting out some amazing covers in the last few weeks. Why not pop over to the Community Hub and tell us about your journey and how you have been getting on with Justin’s courses ?

Cheers

Toby

2 Likes

Excellent cover of a great song, a Keith one if not mistaken. Good vocal harmonies and some nice picking, sounded great.

1 Like

Very nice Ron, most enjoyable!

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Nice one! A great listen, thanks.

1 Like

Thank you Willsie. Glad you enjoyed it. :smiley:

Cheers Gordon. Great to hear that my mix and fx is getting better. :smiley:

Hi Sylvie,
Thank you for taking the time for your very first post to comment on my cover.
I have learnt a great deal from Justin’s videos. The man is an international treasure, and his teaching style is so spot on.
Stay with him and his lessons, keep practicing and playing songs you love and above all just keep enjoying playing guitar.
Looking forward to seeing you post a progress video. Everyone here is so encouraging.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Hi David,
Thx mate. And thank you for fixing up the tagging.
As I am more of a fan of the other lot :rofl:, do you have any suggestions for me to do a cover of the Mob? Also, thx for feedback on the mix.
Cheers
Ron