Scare your friends when you have a party šŸ˜œ

That is sadly true :pensive: I was born in the countryside and we had hens freely running in the yard and mom talked to them and feed them and then killed them in front of my eyes to boil themā€¦and to me it was the most natural thing. We had rabbits too, and ate them as wellā€¦ But that was something else, I do agree the current animal industry is such a shame!

1 Like

Okay, a wildlife thread :nerd_face: Meet the most unpleasant animals to be found in Finlands vast forests. Wolverines

If I would encounter one of them, I wouldā€¦ Hmm ā€¦ runā€¦ Noā€¦ they are fastā€¦play dead probably.

3 Likes

Nooo Nicole,
I see them regularly on televisionā€¦just last weekā€¦and I think they are truly beautiful
They got the power and the looks :sunglasses: (yes, I hear the songs :see_no_evil:)

I remember holidays on the Isle of Elba, we were in a holiday resort at the end of the season and every night a hord of boars went through the whole resort and left a trail of distruction. Scary.

1 Like

Uhhhā€¦tell me about that! :woozy_face: I visited Elba once, many years agoā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a book reccomendation @roger_holland @JokuMuuā€¦ wolwes are not bad creaturesā€¦

The True Story of the Three Little Pigs https://amzn.eu/d/iQDXnOx

1 Like

Just a joke, Rogier :joy:, yes we are on ā€œJust Chattingā€. I enjoy these chats, but felt a bit guilty to be off piste againā€¦ :wink:.

1 Like

I really like the intro :joy:

Duh :joy: :rofl:

This is how we create and find the best and funny things :sunglasses:
I should try that too :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Of piste, sometimes, the snow is better and the grass is greener :slightly_smiling_face:. Letā€™s call it inspiring environment!

2 Likes

@SILVIA Wolves are perfectly fineā€¦ and the wolveā€™s own account of the story sounds intriguing. Wolverines thoughā€¦ Thatā€™s a different story.

Are you absolutely sure? See video above. Aaahā€¦ This song you mean? :thinking:

I am not going to so sink low enough to link the original here :laughing:

Did they catch the liondog btw? :lion:

2 Likes

absolutely yes :sunglasses:

but you wouldnā€™t be the first on the site :hear_no_evil:

Nopeā€¦run Kitty run :grimacing:

3 Likes

Hi @Helen0609
those Germans were bo(a)red in the summer and were looking for some distraction
:joy:

So you are not alone :joy:

3 Likes

220 police officers, helicopters, drones and a tankā€¦ hunting a wild boar in the end (at least, thatā€™s the actual status), could be a template for a comedy film.
ā€œThose Germansā€ arenā€™t bored at all, they are learning to play guitar (at least me). Iā€™m chasing notes and chords :joy:.

3 Likes

Oh no @SILVIA ā€¦ It was a lionpig :lion: :boar:

The thing made it to the news here obviously as wellā€¦

4 Likes

I just could not believe how similar they look, its uncanny. Does this mean I actually saw a lion sprinting across a nearby field in Normandy, a few years ago and it wasnā€™t a Sanglier as I thought ? Its a funny old world.

I still get these mixed up, we have lots of hippos in France :thinking:

5 Likes

One summer my husband and I were out in the woods at a high vantage point with binoculars just to see what we could see and a large badger with assorted little badgers walked across the trail 100 feet or so in front of us. Not quite a wolverine, but they are mean if cornered.

5 Likes

No such here luckily, but I heard that badgers can be a bit nasty.

We usually only have the occasional ā€œbear spotted downtownā€ warning here, something like once per summer or so - and then itā€™s in fact a bear and not a boar :bear:

Still, Iā€™d rather encounter a bear in the woods (as long as the bear doesnā€™t have cubs) than a wolverine :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

:thinking: What do you think, would Silvia have a holiday job as head of the German police? :rofl:

What surprises me the most is that they still say ā€œmaybe notā€ here and in the east because Stevie Wonder can still say when he zooms in that itā€™s not a lion and sees those piggies standing there :woozy_face:

2 Likes

The young ones were certainly having fun

6 Likes

I heard that from my girl this afternoon and she immediately said ā€¦" ooo you certainly would have done that too" ā€¦well :roll_eyes: :innocent: ā€¦ absolutely yes :smiling_face:

5 Likes