Songs For Module 2

Hello Justin

can you do some gospel music if that is posibble

1 Like

I know it has been said before here, but can I also ask that the songs listed in the lesson be made available on the beginners app please. The app really does help as you can slow down the backing track until you get it right.

I have the beginners song book vol 1 to help with the chords, but not having a backing track limits the learning experience.

Thanks for listening.

1 Like

Hello @Nathan1234 and welcome to the community.
For any and all song requests please use the request from on this page: https://www.justinguitar.com/songs

Thanks
Richard
:slight_smile:

@TonyHS

There are many publishing and copyright reasons why Justin cannot have all songs in the App, much as he might wish to match exactly the many parts of the website and song lists.
Richard

Ah OK, I didn’t think of that. Thank you.

1 Like

I just wrote a mini review of the Chord ai app for iOS, which you might find helpful.

2 Likes

@Tbushell thank you for that, I see it is available for android as well, so I will try that out.

2 Likes

I absolutely love what you’ve created with this site, i never thought id play guitar let alone love it this much! i was wondering if songs by Alice Cooper could be added? I’ve always wanted to learn poison, eventually lol

2 Likes

Hi Rien, @RienZ1936
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun, :sunglasses:
Below I put a link where you can vote for your favorite songs, with only 79 votes I’m afraid you might have to drop the word Poison very subtly between your sentences in the community(without it looking psychotic :laughing: :wink:)
Greetings,Rogier

https://www.justinguitar.com/songs#requests-board

2 Likes

You recommend Three Little Birds as a great song to practice after Module 2 but I can’t seem to find in on the Justin Guitar App. What am I missing?

1 Like

@AndyBringhurst looks like it may have dropped from the app. There were some, I believe(?), copyright issues recently which led to some songs disappearing from the app. Looks like that was one of them.

A shame as I used it a lot when I started. Plenty of other songs with A, D and E in there. You can filter by chords in the search function in the app if you didn’t know.

Good luck and enjoy!

1 Like

Hey do you guys have a song that has quite a good amount of D chord in it? Thats the hardest chord for me so far especially the changes from E to D, so I would like to practice this the most atm :smiley: Most of the songs i found so far are mainly A chord and barely any D chord in it. Maybe you guys know a particular song. Thanks!

1 Like

Michael, have you tried using the filters on the JG website Songs page? I tried this which may provide some suitable songs: https://www.justinguitar.com/songs?f=justinguitarchords%2Cd%2Ce%2Cbeginner_grade_1%2Ca

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Hello you said to leave a comment if you’re not catering to my musical tastes so here I am. I like Kpop. At the moment specifically any song by Xdinary Heroes who are an actual band and not just singing and dancing, but actually any Kpop would do. I doubt you’ll add music like this but I figured it was worth a shot.

1 Like

I cannot find it on the app either, I used the video tutorial on the website. It’s pretty helpful and have found that by writing down the chord progression it makes it much easier to play through. Almost singing it as well which I am not sure is a good thing. lol.

1 Like

Hi Katarzyna @kaslovakr - did you see this? It looks like Justin got your request!

1 Like

Hound Dog is C, F, G… not A, D and E.

I mean… I assume the first thing beginners will do is go to YT or Spotify and listen and then not know why it doesn’t sound right?

1 Like

Amazing Grace is an excellent song for beginners…maybe you left it out because it’s spiritual, but it’s great to start out with just A, D and E but it’s a 3/3…just a heads up.

2 Likes

So I’m trying to go back and play some of the these songs. In the previous module I was playing the chord 4 times a measure. I’m doing this here and following the strumming pattern. I guess I have a question when playing a measure with multiple chords. For example I’m playing Another saturday with Sam Cooke. The strumming pattern is D D U UD
Ok no problem but when I get to the measure with E,D,A on one measure i’m not sure how to play it? Down on E then DU on D and then UD on A?

1 Like