Strumming Machine - suggestions, bug reports, user experience feedback etc

Please use this topic for any feedback on the new Strumming Machine.

6 Likes

Thanks. This will tie in nicely with the SOS-Strumming courses :slightly_smiling_face: Donated.

Btw, there seems to be a minor bug with certain preset strumming patterns played in Em. It plays one strum and then stops, have to go back for a better description.

Could it maybe be an idea to create a separate thread where people can report in bugs etc. regarding this tool?:nerd_face:

Just had a quick peek at this and it looks like a really useful tool :smiley:
It seemed so intuitive, I thought thereā€™s no point looking at the lesson- What else could you say about it? :thinking: :rofl:
Initial thoughts on low-hanging-fruit-improvements would be adding an option for a second bar for an alternative strumming pattern, as well as Tobyā€™s suggestion of 16th notes.
Also, if you could allow the user to incorporate muted hits (x) would be cool. You can edit them out of Justinā€™s examples but canā€™t reinsert them or put in your own.
Good job, team.
Vibes :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Went back to check all preset patterns as well as to experiment with ā€œbuild your ownā€. After some time it was easy to predict when the small bug would occur.

• issue as soon as any ā€œ+ā€ (and) would have to sound in Em, acoustic guitar, the playback will stop

• I am on Android.

• The issue is limited to Em acoustic exclusively.

• No other chords are affected, meaning also Em, electric guitar, works just fine.

• The issue affects preset patterns as well as ā€œbuild your own patternsā€ with Em acoustic guitar

2 Likes

Thank you! Weā€™ll look into this.

Excellent bug report! Should make it much easier for the devs to fix.

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: Yes, I thought so, and I had the time to spare. So, there you go.

1 Like

@JokuMuu , we corrected the bug you reported. :slight_smile: Thanks for that! We appreciate your help.

Cheers

1 Like

@larynejg

Issue - no way to enter backbeat hit

I can load library patterns with backbeat hits, but canā€™t add a hit to my patterns. Only Up and Down strums can be entered.

Suggested fix: In the editor, instead of toggling between on and off when clicked by mouseā€¦step through on, off, and hit with every mouse click.

(My platform: Safari browser running on 1st gen iPad Pro, iPadOS v16.5)

1 Like

@larynejg

This is a great start - lots of potential hereā€¦

Suggestions - more or less in order of importance

1. 16ths
  2. Palm muted power chord sounds
  3. All down strummed 8ths mode
  4. Play should not stop when editing a running pattern - would be easier to experiment with new strum patterns if kept playing
  5. Different time signatures - 3/4 and 6/8 to start
  6. Triplets

Just had a play with this and it appears really useful, no issues at present. Thank you team Justin for all your hard work on this. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :smiley: :smiley:

maybe some reggae strums would be usefull other than that great tool.

Wow! That is a fantastic tool!
Brilliant! :+1:

1 Like

Justin did say on the live stream on transcribing a jazz song yesterday that expect something special was coming along the next day.
Looking forward to trying it out.
Thanks Justin

1 Like

THAT IS GREATšŸ„³! Cantā€™t wait to check it out. Thanks!

1 Like

Nice one, thanks Justin. Another reason to donate.

Sounds great :star_struck:. Iā€™ll check it out for sure :smiley:.
Thanks a lot :hugs:.

Just had a little ā€œplayā€ and looking forward to this developing into 16ths in the future hopefully.

Easy to use and pretty intuitive but I watched the video anyway, Think this will be a really useful tool for beginners or if you want to experiment with unusual patterns to hear what they are like. Nice one @JustinGuitar :+1:

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s brilliant. I think it will be big help for players (esp. newbies) who are trying to work out what a written strumming pattern sounds like.

1 Like

VERY COOL!! Nice one JG team!! :heart_eyes: :metal::sunglasses: