The Heart of the Matter, Don Henley 1989

Thanks for the comms, @CT!!!
Had a great time in Manila, and love seeing family and friend, especially after the pandemic close-down.
Warm regards,
Rene

Beautiful and inspiring… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
We want more! Love how you took your time and let each important note, word, bar have it’s time. And the heart…

Hi Mike,
Have you completed your new recording setup?
Just wanted to see if you are able to get your recordings going.
Hope to hear a few recordings.
Keep on playing, and making great music!
Respectfully,
Rene

I’d pay to see you. That’s better than most stuff that I pay to see. Couldn’t say enough good things about it. Thank you.

This is the second performance of yours I’ve watched and I’m just as impressed as I was by the first. One question. You’ve obviously been playing a long time and have your own style. Do you always strum without a pick? Do you ever use a pick? And do you do fingerstyle? I’d just be interested to know. This works anyway. Great song, great interpretation. Thank you.

Hi Rene,
Yes! It took some doing but I finally got my recording setup running and I’m happy with the sound. It’s very basic: Audio Technica mic and acoustic guitar running through an audio interface to my Mac desktop; I did the mixing with garage band on the mac and ran that into OBS. I’m amazed the control that garage band offers - I watched about 15 youtube videos to get a basic understanding. Anyway, it was worth it cuz I’m happy how it turned out - Fire & Rain by James Taylor
Now that I’ve got the recording setup working I’ll have a crack at another song soon.
Cheers,
Mike