The Madman’s Diaries – Santa and The Mixo Kid (Chapter 12 December 2021)

Nice Gretsch, which model? The Gretsch model numbers are kind of nonsensical, I have the G2622, which really has no meaning, but seems similar to what you have. Really nice and playable fretboard on these, and I do dig the looks. :slight_smile:

Anyway, nice romp around the fretboard --lots of notes and traversing/movement. Good job sir!

What a beautiful guitar Toby. It suits you well.

I’m happy to take all the credit for inspiring the video, Toby :grin:

Lovely clean sound from the Gretsch. I enjoyed watching you move smoothly up and down neck, getting the feel for the new guitar. I particularly noticed how economical you were with the fingers, they seemed very much under control, not flying wildly around.

Look forward to more of these jams.

Oh and love the video header and supporting images.

Keep on rocking in the free world!

Thanks for that LB, lets face it, they ain’t for decorating the house. :wink:
As to the “critique” you may have missed my 2nd post. Think of this as an exploratory and not the main surgery, think laparotomy. Or finding your way around a new town, before investigating every street and bar.
Oh and be sure, there will be more for 2022 ! :sunglasses:

@mari @R.F.W @adi_mrok @J.W.C @Dave911 @batwoman

Thank you for listening and watching, folks. Your comments are all appreciated. :sunglasses:

Clint

Thanks man, yep its a G2622T and feels great, so easy to move around which this little romp, as you call it, was all about. You may have missed the NGD link below,

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Thank you David !

Funny what you say about being economic. It never quite feels like that, more frenetic. Watching the video back before posting, I was very surprised how “tidy” a lot of it looked. Certainly a useful exercise in post match analysis. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I look forward to reaching the point where it at least looks “tidy” while still feeling “frenetic”

Hey that video makes me look like I almost know what I’m doing. :rofl:

1 Like

What a fine set of words you offer to our new community members Toby. Kudos.
And how fitting that you throw out another Madman episode to round out your 2021.
Be well, take care, happy new year my friend.
:partying_face:

1 Like

Totally missed it. I’m mostly sticking to the AVoYP forum these days. Nice rig, hoping to hear a lot of good jams from you my friend!

1 Like

Well seemed too good an opportunity to miss and hopefully not sent to many folks running away !!
Anyway, Robbie (I’m sure you’ll suss that!) needed and airing and as DP suggested a video, a freestlye mixo romp seemed the way to go. Be careful over there and have sensible New Year !

All the best for 22 :sunglasses:

PS Once Upon a Time, there were Mods and Rockers

You might be a Mod but …

You Rock Ozzy

1 Like

Clint, you and LBro need to venture out from AOVYP, you’ll be amazed at all the gigs going on here ! :sunglasses:

Nice intro/impro you mad-dog-Englishman :crazy_face:
That is one sweet sixstring. I can see myself buying a Gretsch one day, just for the Bigsby aesthetics. Never played a guitar with a whammy bar before.
One day…

I still miss my Vespa PX125 :cry:
… but I get a lot more mileage out of the Hagstrom I bought with the proceeds :smiley:

PX ? That Part Exchange for a proper bike ? :rofl: I miss me Vespa curries, sumthin like that ? :upside_down_face:

Hehe, I thought you had buried the hatchet, ya big greaser?
Buried in me back! I’m putting pennies back in me piggy bank for a replacement then :rofl:

Oh honey bun I wish you and your Parka no offense. Bissous.

You give me too much credit, Toby.

So true @brianlarsen that Bigsby is special. Now if I had a black LP with a Bigsby I’m sure I could sound a lot more like Neil. That aside, I can imagine playing well enough to justify a second electric and a semi-hollow with Bigsby and maybe P90s would be just the ticket sound and aesthetics wise (irrespective of the name on the headstock).

Ah now that was for Richard but I missed the direct Reply. There’s a clue in one of my comments, :steam_locomotive: :telescope:

Had to read both this Topic and the NGD Topic and then sussed it (before appreciating yet another clue).

Made harder as I’ve never seen it. Not sure I want to either, however good it may be. But after you posted “It’s a guitar” I did give Desperado a watch, which gave me a laugh or two … the level of OTT just makes it all ridiculous and Banderas was delightful.

@Richard_close2u if the GIF crosses the line I’ll delete it but it is just how I felt as I read Toby’s reply, so I’d appreciate being let off with a warning for length of previous good conduct this time.