Time Bomb- new JDJ collab (jenndye429, DDye, nzmetal) original song + video

Thank you so much Andrea! I’m happy you were able to power through it and see past the creepy stuff for the overall art it is :blush:

Thank you!!! We definitely gave it our all :grin: the three of us really have the most amazing time doing all this and when we finally get to sit down and watch the final result it is the absolute best feeling :blush:

:grin: :grin: So cool :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Rogier :green_heart:!

1 Like

Bit late to the party here - I’ve only just seen this, but wow, that just works on so many levels. This is just the second song Really? Amazing - keep it coming guys

3 Likes

I definitely missed a lot huh? :grinning: wowzers, I did two videos in one go, you definitely have my sub now. Hard to tell what I was most amazed with, pro video, really solid rock, costumes, Jeff smashing a solo, US/NZ team up? tricky to pick one!

I enjoyed both songs, but this one was definitely creme a la creme for me! Super sweet, you put a lot of energy into this but IMO well worth it! Now onto another one :grinning:

3 Likes

Man that has a vibe, excellent job!

Almost sisters of mercy like groove

3 Likes

@twistor59 @RobDickinson

Thank you both so much! So happy you enjoyed it :black_heart:

Thanks Adi! Honored to earn a sub. We definitely have a lot of fun making the songs and the videos! More to come… :wink:

2 Likes

Oh man, so many incredible comments above from all of you incredible people! Thank you all so so much!!! This was so fun to put together and I’m glad that came across in the music/video.
To everyone above, SENDING YOU ALL HUGE HUGS FOR BEING AWESOME!!! :heart:
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

There was a version of the song that included a bloodcurdling scream :scream: I’m thinking it was probably for the best that we didn’t go with that in the end :flushed: :rofl:

6 Likes

I am always excited when people do creative things. I don’t know how to phrase it exactly but let’s say “when people stop dreaming and start working on things”. Not even with the intent of publishing them, just getting things done. I read in your roadcase (or learning log how they are called these days) that you’ve always been creative and this really shines through here.

I am even more excited when I see that people do the whole package - music, video, clothes, make up, scenery, etc. Really, a big fan of this. And again, even if it would never see the light of day and you would just do it for yourself. I am just glad to hear/read about people who pursue their creative passions.

Now to the song:

• I don’t know why but during bridge I thought of Muse and their live concerts.
  • I saw some minor discussion about the song length - I didn’t find it long. You are not planning to become a TikTok superstar band or something, so you’re good to go. Also, if you wrote the song that’s 5 minutes and 3 seconds long, that’s the correct length for it. This is also the reason why I mostly don’t comment (or offer unsolicited advice, suggestions or opinions) on song structures, arrangement choices, etc. You followed your vision through and that’s what matters.
  • For about a third of the song I don’t believe you really mean what you’re singing. It’s not the best comparison but if I used it before, I’ll use it again. Listening to Muse studio albums or at their concerts, you’ll get me “singing” (more like shouting out of tune haha) along, crying, jumping, etc. Even in the unplugged concert. So for me personally, there’s something missing in the delivery in this song. Keep in mind, I am very picky with music - not genres, but the “vibes” that songs give me.

But overall, a big fan of your creative pursuits and excited to see what you guys come up with next!

3 Likes

Impossible to play ‘catch up’ when you’ve been absent for a bit, but when you see another JDJ collab drop, ya gotta check it out :smiley:
It’s all been said above, and I agree with it all, including it being ‘too long’ and ‘just right’, the slipknot visuals…

Hear, hear!

The most impressive bit of all is the trajectory you guys are on.
Each of your performances and songs have been a big step up from the previous.
Where will it end?
Who knows?
Don’t be too disappointed if you ‘plateau’ for a bit.
Thanks for the ride!

2 Likes

@glpguitar @brianlarsen

Thank you both for your kind and thoughtful feedback!

Thank you so much! Us too :wink:

Yeah, I’ve thought about this too :laughing: There are always ups and downs with creative pursuits, but I’m happy to ride along with the wave :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @glpguitar! Always excited and keen to see and read your posts as your insights are always so well considered and incredibly helpful. :heart::pray::smiley::+1: Thank you for your kind words and for sharing views on the song and how we could add to what we’re doing. Hugely appreciated :hugs: I’m a big fan of doing the full package too, extra work but well worth it and a lot fun and laughs along the way. Take care buddy :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks also @brianlarsen! Your too kind my friend! :heart: Always great to hear from you and so glad you could check this out! I feel we all take a lot of inspiration from your creative approach to song writing and delivery, good sir! :smiley: I think I’ll be okay with a plateau, if we were thinking we could get enough songs to eventually put together a decent set, it’s probably fitting to have some ups and downs through that. People have to go buy a drink at some point right? :thinking::sweat_smile: That’s if I ever shift to Portland and we had the opportunity to play live off course :pray::wink::joy: Thanks again :hugs:

3 Likes

Hi Crew,
Lots of creativity and good stuff going on in this one… I might call it “different rock”. As to me it really is different! The play and vox was great. Song writing to me was above average. Video production and overall job of all the scenes came together really well. Your vocals Jen were great and overall I enjoyed your efforts, so kudos to all!

Looking forward to more and hope it is in the pipeline now!
Take care,
LB

2 Likes

Thanks for checking it out LB! And thank you for all the lovely feedback :grin:

Love it!!! :laughing: I might call it that now.

You never know when another one might pop up…… :wink:

1 Like

@Jenndye429 @nzmetal @DDye
Very late to the party here after being a bit absent in the forums over the summer, so I appreciate the topic bump from @LBro
Just …wow.
I was blown away by all of it…audio and visuals alike.
I went back and watched Sirens again and I think @brianlarsen said it best - the most impressive part is the trajectory. It’s like watching a band whose budget is getting noticeably bigger :laughing:

Very creative, very fun, Keep them coming!
(I want a green screen now …)

3 Likes

Oh,
After I posted I started thinking about how much time you folks put in on this one. I don’t think many here know how much time it takes to write a song, arrange it, get it to sound like something. Then track it, mix and master it! Then we have all the video work that can easily take just as much time or perhaps more. You have to come up with some sort of script to do something like this. Whether written down or in the head, it still has to be thought out and done. My guess is we might be looking at 20-50 hours plus to create what we see here? I know on my productions, I always marvel that 3-5 mins of audio and video can take 50 hours or more to create! If it does not take that long, then one is pretty efficient and good at what it takes to produce something like this!

All I can say is; welcome to the world of major productions. It is an art in of itself!

Take care,
LB

3 Likes

Thanks LB for your thoughtfulness :grin:

You are correct that these are not fast productions :wink: They are a lot of time, energy and work from the three of us. Luckily, it really is a labor of love and even though it takes a dedicated team effort, we all enjoy it so much that it doesn’t feel like it takes as much work as it actually does :laughing:

We were fortunate with this song in particular, that it came together fairly quickly. We had just finished work on Sirens when I recorded a (VERY :laughing:) rough demo of Time Bomb to play for Jeff and Dan to get feedback. Since we had just finished one song, we kind of had our “sea legs” for lack of a better word and the song really kind of came together on its own. I think we had a very rough cut of it done within a couple weeks. Even the time zone difference kind of worked in our favor :laughing: We would work on it when it was Jeff’s nighttime and he would work on it when it was our nighttime. We would often wake up to new files and vice versa. Kind of like it was getting worked on around the clock :rofl:

We are also definitely very much multi-taskers and we had a concept for the video very early on before the song was even done :laughing: Dan likes to storyboard the videos out before we film. Our songs aren’t super short :laughing: So it definitely takes work to make sure we have enough good footage to fill the time and hold your attention. This video took about a week to edit once we had everyone’s footage.

Thank you!! Luckily we all love it so much that we have fully immersed ourselves in it :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out Dale! Glad you enjoyed it :grin:

You should definitely get one!! It takes work to make good backgrounds, but it’s very much worth the effort. I think you would have a lot of fun with it.

2 Likes