tRONd’s learning log

Excellent plan, Trond.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan to me!

1 Like

All good goals Trond, keep plugging away.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

‘Trondle on’ is going to become thing, isn’t it? :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Yep!

Keep on Trondling

1 Like

Will do :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Me too :grin:

1 Like

Good stuff @tRONd , I’m planning on getting a learning log started up over this weekend, seems a fine way to keep oneself honest if nothing else!
Great to read yours and how you’ve gone about it :+1:

1 Like

Please do that @Notter I find it super fun and interresting to read other members log. Would love to read your!

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Stone - Whiskey Myers

Keep on doing what you’re doing Trond, it seems to be working very well :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks a lot :pray:

So… now its done… i am amping up. The plan was going for a acoustic amp. But after a few members in this forum said that it works with regular amp as well, made me rethink the whole thing.
So passing by Oslo, i went into a store and checked around a bit. I ended up with the Yamaha THRII 30 wireless. It has a acoustic setting and it sounds great. The best thing is that its for a electrical guitar, but has a few settings for acoustic as well and it sounds great on acoustic.So now i can go for electric guitar someday without thinking about amp.

I have only tried it for a few hours. But i can allready see the benefit with amping up an acoustic. It is nice to put in some effects sometimes. But the best thing is that you can get some real volum when strumming with just your fingers, the same goes for finger plucking, much easier to get some real volum.

Will try to put out a AVOYP within the next weeks, will also try to do a small review on it. I know Shane is in the market for an amp and have this one on his list.

7 Likes

Gratulerer Trond! :sunglasses:
I’d like to say: My work is done, but you are only half way there.
Enjoy playing with it, experimenting and bonding; and ignore that tiny seed that is germinating in the depths of the dirt of the grey (no, black) matter of your brain.
When it sprouts, you should then consult the community for electric recommendations suitable for a Nordic axe-man :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, that’s cool Trond, let us know how you get along with it! And give us a sample of you playing and singing. Did you try it already with an electric, too? Looking forward to read about your experiences. Medium term I think about buying an amp for accoustic and electric too. But first I have to reach some individual goals. So, have fun with your new gear, sure you’ll be doing great.

1 Like

Enjoy it, Trond, sure you’ll have loads of fun with that.

1 Like

Hi @Helen0609

I dont have an electric guitar at the moment, just acoustic. I am however thinking really hard about going for an electric guitar further down the road… i do plan to make a AVOYP with the acoustic guitar and amp.
The one i want to do needs a bit of practise, so within the next weeks maybe :grin:

1 Like

Looking forward to it. Take your time, no need to hurry. Just cureous to hear the sound of an acoustic with the amp…

Well… i said i had a target for an OM before 2022 ends :rofl:
I did!!! And i can check that of my list. As far as milestones goes. I have to put that OM experience on the top. One take, one chance to «nail it» live in front of others is a completly different game than AVOYP.
I had the lyrics memorized down, i had played it «hundreds» of times. I could do the chords without even have to think… I had the text in front of me just in case i forgot it… and still i managed to mess up both the lyrics and chords :rofl:
But at the end of the day, that was a valuable lesson and it is one step closer to be confident to play in front of other people. Witch is one of my goals on top of my list.

6 Likes