tRONd’s learning log

@tRONd , if you can somehow manage, don’t close your Learning Log. It has been so nice to read this and not because of Trond achieved this and that in the schedule you set for yourself.

It’s more about the little things the appreciation of one another when people comment on your log entries, the love for one guitar you might decide to keep for some time. The little things.

Little things you learned along the way. Even little aspects you are realizing as insights only when writing them down. Things that frustrate. Things that make you smile. Things that just happened.

I have been a member of this community for such a short time, but I love it here. I honestly do. You know, I have a feeling that I am by far the least skilled person around here who is posting something to their Learning Log. I know I am not good at guitar, and albeit my love for music, chances are I’ll never be. If it was just about expectations and progress, that LL would be pointless for me. I know there is a reasonable chance that I will never get better, not as fast at least as I would want to. There are so many unbelievably talented people around here. Normally, I would have chickened out a long time ago. But it was actually just that possibility that I could put down my thoughts in the LL that kept me going. I’m writing that LL for myself mainly, to have something to look back on after some time. And then, sometimes there are comments like yours lately that make me think and reconsider things. For such things that LL is such a diamond :blush:

I think if its function would be: Tell us how fast you have learned what and why the hell you have not exceeded the expectations you set for yourself? Then it would not be called LL but (… wait for it…)…TUHFYHLWAWTHYHNETEYSFY.

…and who could ever remember such an abbreviation?:blush:

It’s not about failures or things not being achieved. At least not for me. Instead it is, as someone said above, a learning diary, a road case of things that happened in your guitar journey.

(Sorry, for the amount of text, btw)

2 Likes

@JokuMuu
First of all Nicole. Do not appologize for long text… love to read about your views and thoughts about things, so please dont stop that :grin:
And 2nd and probably the most important thing. Dont be so hard on your self, youre doing just fine, and you are going to improve a ton. Watched your avoyp the other day and you are coming along fine :grin:

Yes, you are absolutly 100% correct. I was being a bit to quick when i was about to delete it. My LL has some what haunted me ever since i started to put down my goals and in what time i wanted them to happen.

In hindsight i see that its a far to big thread to just delete, with way to many people involved in different discussions etc. So i will keep it open as some sort of diary.

Really appreciate that youre taking time to put in comments and that you actually gets something out of my LL Nicole.
Makes me happy…

Actually… i have posted a video of myself somewhere in this LL where im trying to play some chord progressions. Think i am 3-4 months into playing. If you watch that you will feel a lot better about yourself :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

You mean, I will start tearing and wonder how some people are good even their absolute beginner stages? :laughing: I will take a look…

And just one more thought. I guess, had you really wanted to close or delete these things. Then you would have done so - period -, without making that one final post :blush:

1 Like

Hehehe. I was pretty close to just delete the whole thing :grin:

I just put the video in this thread. I still cringe when i see it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I have sounded worse today - minus “Wish you were here”. You need stronger curses though Norwegian o es just don’t sound impressive :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hahahaha!!! Nice! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

:upside_down_face: Many Finnush-Swedes around here. Assuming that Swedish and Norwegian curses sound somewhat alike, it is for a reason that the Finnish-Swedes curse in Finnish…

1 Like

Yep. Pretty much same language. Do i really swear in that recording? :flushed:

Small tip… record yourself a lot. Its the easiest way to see youre progress. Especially when you hit platous and everything seems pointless… a quick look on an old recording will fix that quickly…

1 Like

You do. It starts with "hel … "

I already don’t like taking a look of pictures people have taken of me. Gotta work on my attitude to this, because unfortunately you are most likely right.

1 Like

Oh… i did not know that​:flushed: i probably ment it at the time too :rofl:

Just record your guitar and hands, dont need to
Record more than that. I too had some boudaries to cross on this topic… but i guess you get used to it :grin:

1 Like

Ok. One night of sleep about this. And depending on the decision tomorrow morning: Be warned. Four weeks of vacation mean I a lot of free time aka guitar time :smile: Now I will grab said guitar still a bit.

1 Like

I was allowed to record my daughter when she played today.
So this is Tuva. Shes turning 14 tomorrow and has played for 1 year now. She is learning mostly from youtube, and a guitar teacher.
She went with Justin the first few months, but found it a bit difficult.
She hs said tht she will give it another go.
I think shes doing pretty good for now, after just 1 year. And it seems like shes going to stick with it.
I still have high hopes that we can do an AVOYP some day…
hopefully i do have myself a lead guitarist :rofl::rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

Pretty cool :sunglasses: like a pro :guitar:

1 Like

Hi Tuva,

So today… :confetti_ball: :bouquet: :tada: :hatching_chick: :baby_chick: :swan: :tropical_drink: :birthday:

CONCRATULATIONS ON YOUR BIRTHDAY

And that was rocking like your father hasn’t done yet :sunglasses: :clap: :scream: :metal:…very nice to see :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Tuva, well done! Your dad didn’t promise too much :guitar: :notes:. Nice too see and hear you here. Keep on rocking and blow the windows out! Have fun! :partying_face:

1 Like

Gratulerer med dagen, Tuva :birthday: :partying_face: :tada:
Enjoy this tiny window, Trond, where she’s catching up with you, but hasn’t left you choking behind in her dust cloud… yet

2 Likes

Great stuff, already rocking out :metal: happy birthday Tuva :birthday::tada::partying_face:

1 Like

Hehehe. She had passed me in a lot of things, guitar that is @brianlarsen :rofl::rofl::rofl:

She outrocks me easily @roger_holland :grin:

Tuva says hello and thanks a lot for the B-day wishes @Chazzo78 @Helen0609 Rogier and Brian :pray:

2 Likes

Hi Trond. Happy Birthday to Tuva. Nice playing there. Good she has been able to play what she enjoys playing.

1 Like

I put this one out in my LL instead of an AVOYP thread :grin:
Its a song of me trying to play «blues» or at least something that could look like it… it is very raw now and most of the licks is improvised.

i have just started Justins blues course, so now i am messing with the minor pentatonic scale and bending…
its not the easiest but it is superfun!
At the same time i have picked up my grade 3, so i try to do both, but with most focus on my grade 3 course.
I actually tried to start over from scratch again on grade 1, but i kind of lost my motivation for it, so maybe. Just maybe… (i will not give myself any promises… ) i can wrap up grade 3 during this year. That would have been pretty great.

8 Likes