Users can edit JG Lesson Specific Topic Titles. That's not right!

I took the liberty of editing the topic title to credit the guy who wrote and recorded the song first-
Is that ok? :smiley:

1 Like

I was wondering who would be first to abuse their powers :joy:

3 Likes

Was it ever really in doubt? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

No. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

1 Like

Don’t know if it’s OK or not, but it is a lesson specific thread
So it no longer matches the lesson on the website and the lesson
is on Eric Clapton’s version.

1 Like

I think Stitch makes a good point and I think the Topic and Lesson text should probably be aligned.

On the lesson, the description begins as follows:

In this easy guitar lesson, we’ll learn how to play a simplified version of Cocaine by Eric Clapton on the guitar. Cocaine was written by JJ Cale and covered by Eric Clapton - the version that you probably recognize.

So JJ Cale has not been overlooked.

1 Like

@stitch & @DavidP fair point about the lessons-matching.
Part of me was just curious, whether you can just go about changing the content of other members’ topics. I find that kind of strange :thinking:
Regarding the content, it’s about how to play the song with simple power chords, not like Clapton.
He covers which keys both of them play it in.
I’ll re-edit the title back to EC (but with JJ in brackets) :wink:

1 Like

I guess it’s to be able to help the mods if they aren’t around in case someone makes a mistake in their title or something. I think we can also move topics to different categories.

Would be good if the mods could set some boundaries and let us know if we should make use of these permission when appropriate or leave it up to them. @Richard_close2u @LievenDV could use some guidance here oh mods almighty! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Didn’t even realize I am able to do that! Yep definitely needs restricting to Mods only I would say.

And David P has been promoted to a Mod Congratulations David
Now use your new powers to move all this trash out of a lesson specific thread :broom:

Congrats @DavidP! Agreed probably better to split this thread and move this discussion over to the #new-community-issues-and-questions category.

Bad idea to give out ‘super powers’. Anarchy will reign! :joy:

2 Likes

Well since each song lesson is mostly based on a particuar artists version it’s probably not the right thing to do. What’s next? Hey Joe (Trad, but possibly 1st recorded by Billy Roberts)?

Don’t wanna be a killjoy, just saying.
Peace

Moved to a new topic and hmm, I’m scratching my chin.
JG lesson topics should definitely not be open for general editing.

Let me go check.

Can someone please now go to the Songs section (any level, should not matter) and see if Title editing is still available to users.
Thanks

@Richard_close2u
went and checked they still can be edited

Yeah appears users with Regular trust level can still edit the title and move any topic to a different category. I suggest making the ‘Regular’ trust level a mod approved title just like Leader because it’s not very difficult to achieve and gives a lot of powerful permissions.

Can you also please see if this applies in the Grade categories … Grade 1, Grade 2 etc.

Do I have a Regular? I don’t see it under my name but I was able to edit the topic.

Still can change it Grade 1 and 2 but didn’t click change button so perhaps it would block then me from changing it?