Version 3.2.0 released Jul 1, 2022 - improvements / songs gone

I’m using the Android version. Just checked that out, no tempo slider visible. Can’t remember that there ever was one in the strumming exercises in the former version. Only have the slider in the song section, where a suggested strumming pattern for the song is shown. Is this different on IOS?

Tom @Tbushell
Andrea @Helen0609
Thanks for taking time to respond.
If I can clarify my set up. I am using only my iPad, it has latest iOS and looking at app updates and it is version 3.2.0, I am also in the uk if that matters.
If I show some screen shots then it might help to clarify for @MusopiaApps to respond.
If I go to songs and this is Take me Home Country Road in the chord section your see a slider for bpm

Now if you go to Exercises under OF strumming pattern I see this but there is no slider

Not checked all the other patterns but those I did don’t have bpm sliders.
Cheers
Michael :grinning::+1:

Michael, that’s exactly what I meant, a slider in the song section, but not in the excercise section. Same on my device (Android). I’m not sure, because I haven’t used the strumming excercises for months, but was there ever a function to slow down in excercises? Thought, that was only in the song section.

Andrea
I am beginning to think there was never a slider in the exercise section before which is why I use those patterns in the songs. If there is no means of changing the bpm in the exercise part it can only be of limited use. I am not a programmer but would have though that if code for this exists in part of the app it would not be too difficult to include it with another part, but what do I know.
Michael

1 Like

Michael, gotcha. I wasn’t aware there were so many strumming exercises in the new app version, so that was interesting.

I have a vague memory that the very first version I used - pre-Musiopia - had some kind of tempo control. Maybe slow/medium/fast buttons? Agreed, that would be useful.

And, speaking as a retired software developer myself, you are correct in thinking that it is usually easy to add an existing feature to another part of the program.

1 Like

@Tbushell @MAT1953 @Helen0609

Hi All,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we have created a feature request card for our tech team to see if they can implement being able to slow down the strumming exercises with a BPM adjustment slider in a future update. Hopefully, we can get this into the app soon!

Rock on! :metal:

6 Likes

@MusopiaApps
Thanks, that would be great if they can do it, I am sure it would be appreciated by the users.
Michael :+1:

@MusopiaApps Thanks, this certainly is a useful additional feature for beginners, as @MAT1953 already pointed out.

1 Like

Now that version 3.2.1 has been released it might be worth closing this chain of posts and creating one for the new version for users to record any issues for Musopia to take into consideration for the next version.

2 Likes

Yes I know how you feel seems most ,if not all the songs I was learning are gone. I, too, am an older learner (70) and have been enjoying it, but I understand sbout copyrights

1 Like

AGREED!!! But despite losing some favs…Justin’s apps and lessons still rock!!

Bummer looks like Comfortably Numb lost vocals in latest update

I am sticking with it, I am using Zombie by the Cranberries rather than Brown Eyed Girl for revision and practising the C chord which is getting there now.

Also Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac for the F. Also starting to get there after some time…

Seems on Android that songs wait for me to start them from favourites and don’t just go to the next song now…?

I have version 3.2.1

Musopia solved this issue a few days ago for the favourites. Disabled the auto start and auto play function. See:

1 Like

I think the point is really not licensing. It’s that they keep adding tracks, and they have to keep their licensing budget under control, so in fact they don’t add anything , they are ROTATING Songs

For example the iconic and beginers firendly song Heroes from D Bowie is gone!
Would you beleive this?

I think we are beeing fooled here, without explanations for a premium app price

Wow. I am not sure how to respond to this. That is not at all what they have indicated and seems pretty negative and paranoid.
Do you have any evidence to this pretty serious accusation?
If you really think they are purposefully misleading and taking advantage of you, I can only suggest you find your learning materials elsewhere.

3 Likes

@MusopiaApps have replied to this in a similar new Topic Justin App: 150 new songs but how many less? (Heroes / Bowie gone) - #3 by MusopiaApps

1 Like

Yes. All the U2 songs are gone. “One” was a beginner song. There is also only one Pearl Jam left.

“We’ve refreshed our song catalogue & licensing to be able to add even more songs to the app in future”

Means you have taken away the expensive licenses to add cheapsongs as the n umber of songs is the marketing tool to sell teh app, right?

@RickCast
Clearly you are frustrated and understandably so. You have paid for something and it has changed from the item you initially paid for. That is not ideal and I understand the strength of feeling.
And I would like to thank you, on behalf of JustinGuitar and all those who benefit from his lessons without doing what you have done (purchasing a subscription or making a donation) for making a financial commitment which directly contributes to the continued improvement and growth of the JG site.

@MusopiaApps have addressed the main concern as @DavidP has mentioned above.
They have also apologised for the lack of notice and inconvenience.
They have explained that resolving the issue is a top priority.

However, you keep coming back with cynical and accusatory comments based on suspicion and no evidence. And you do so in two concurrent topics, double posting unnecessarily. Can I please ask that you read the responses from Musopia (if you have not) and allow them to come back with updates when they are able.

Further …
JustinGuitar has been, and is, and will continue to be, one of the most transparent guitar learning sites on the web. He does not deal in clickbait and sleight of hand to lure people in only to then reveal that there is a cost to gain access to the best bits.
Just this week @larynejg announced that the site is now 100% ad-free.
Justin offers the vast majority of his content for free, no catches, no hidden tricks, no spam emails every other day, simply FREE.
The fact is though that he needs a revenue stream to [a] live [b] pay for the team and the massive learning resource he now has. JustinGuitar is no longer one guy with a webcam in a spare room. And everything that he makes is available is all above board and legal, including paying royalties and fees to music license holders.

Thanks
Richard

15 Likes