Watching the chickens cross the road

For those that donā€™t know, there is a live webcam focused on one of the most iconic locations in pop musicā€™s history:
The pedestrian crossing on Abbey Road
Hours of free entertainment watching pilgrims at the shrine, performing intricate dance moves to bag that photograph, without getting run over by irate rush hour commuters :rofl:

3 Likes

Now I clicked on the link,ā€¦and even if itā€™s a bit out of the way but given your ā€œfree timeā€ I was waiting for you to bounce by :upside_down_face: :joy:ā€¦
But this could be a funny one, I had heard of it but never looked, ā€¦ on a holiday weekend it is certainly @#$% busy there :rooster: :taxi: :zap:

Edit: Looked a little longer, there is just standard someone working there(Or something else is being worked on and an employee is looking at the people a lot) to let those people walk safely and quickly across the zebra crossing ā€¦ this is the place on earth where the most swearing is done, ā€¦ where in any case the most Beatles haters live nearby :flushed: :joy:

Interesting share Brian. I was half expecting a scene from Death Race 2000 but maybe that confined to rush hour ! :thinking:

So captivating. Some cars donā€™t even stop when people are at the crossing. They must be so sick of tourists. :smiley:

Little do they know they are being watched :face_with_monocle:

Lemmings ā€¦

A new sure fire cure for insomnia

Now the same live cam on a zebra crossing in Johannesburg would make for proper entertainment :laughing:

When my fingers are sore from over-practicing ( :rofl:), I like to give them a couple of minutes rest while observing the endless stream of tourists trying to recreate that iconic album cover.
Itā€™s mesmerising :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Have you seen any of the same faces cross the road since last years screenwatch?

3 Likes

Haha, I knew I had posted it before, but thought it was on the old forum. Iā€™d forgotten about it till the recent Beatles hype :roll_eyes: :rofl:
Iā€™ll leave this up for a short while as a testimony to my pre-senile dementia and then delete, as double posting is frowned upon :laughing:

2 Likes

One of these days I will need to visit the pedestrian crossing and wave at you as I cross the road.

1 Like

Make sure you send me the right time so I can watch on repeat :rofl:

1 Like

It must do your bonce in if you live and drive around there.

Iā€™ve just been watching for a while and it seems like people on bikes donā€™t like to stop at that crossing. :joy:

2 Likes

Well this sounds like it could be a forum outing? Shall we take our guitars?

2 Likes

You also said this to Adrian a long time ago about something along the same lines :joy:

Iā€™ll give myself 5 minutes of digging time to dig it up or youā€™ll get away with it, old man :rofl:

Ps;This summer when I was really bored and couldnā€™t do anything anymore, I watched this every now and then :blush:

1 Like

OMG! That does ring a bellā€¦ What on earth was it?!? :open_mouth:
Love the ā€˜outingā€™ idea :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Do not disturb ,i`m almost there And then there is enough for an intervention?? :laughing:

Tadaa

1 Like

ā€¦ and I thought I had too much time on my hands :roll_eyes: :rofl:
(but you werenā€™t quite right about me deleting it Stefan :wink:)

2 Likes

Itā€™s always stuck in my head a bit to use (with the memory aid ā€˜song you learnā€™) ā€¦ although I had made a better joke in my head with it :blush: ā€¦ but sometimes I have no choice :joy:

And Iā€™ve said this before so now I really have to be careful ā€œI just hope Karma doesnā€™t bite me in the buttā€ :innocent: :crossed_fingers:

I was just looking up how you delete a topic, but feel a little guilty now after your commentsā€¦
Perhaps one of the mods (@DavidP?) might merge this with the Chickenā€™s crossing the road one when theyā€™ve got a couple of minutes?
Sorry :flushed: