We Don't Need No Amplifiers (Double Boss Mix)

I mentioned in a thread earlier this week that there is nothing ‘virtual’ about this community.
Today, this doubting Thomas visited @SgtColon himself. I put my hand into his side, and I can confirm, he is indeed - well, not quite the Messiah - but a genuine good bloke :rofl:
Before relieving him of his pristine Katana 50 for a couple of quid, we decided to drop a 1-take-Wed track (even though it’s Thursday). Yes, we probably should have practiced a bit more, and fiddled with levels, positioning etc., but I didn’t want to overstay my welcome… :wink:
Thanks, Stefan :grinning:
(Oh, yeah, I need a Tele now…)

We don’t need new amplifiers
We don’t need no tone control
No reverb, chorus or compression
Stefan (Brian), leave them knobs alone
Hey! Stefan (Brian), leave those knobs a lone

All in all you’re just another prick in the hall (x2)

49 Likes

Great stuff guys. Stefan, did you check to make sure the ink on the £20 notes was dry? Maybe count the teaspoons too!

6 Likes

“Hadrian?-
We’re gonna need a bigger wall!..” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

That was brilliant guys :joy:. Brightened up my Thursday evening no end!

3 Likes

Cheers, Eddie, glad you enjoyed :grinning:
I s’pose I’ll keep the responses going till Stefan wakens up from his beauty sleep and takes over… :laughing:

1 Like

55C5FC35-85AB-49F1-973D-291728336F51

Brilliant guys. Like you say nothing virtual here !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Great stuff guys :smiley:

1 Like

And that’s why I love this community :metal:!

2 Likes

Brilliant Guys! A real treat. Must have been a buzz to meet up with each other.
A big part of the reason I keep comin back every day. :clap::sunglasses::crazy_face::+1::notes::guitar:

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Big Thumbs Up here!!!

In person meet ups are always cool :sunglasses:!!!
(Unless……. well it could be scary :anguished:)

Hope you guys had fun!!!

Tod

1 Like

That’s the best thing I have seen in some time.
Loved it Stefan and Brian.
Two geezers having a little fun.

@brianlarsen get it right … you need an ASAT

1 Like

That was awesome guys. I’m going to guess that Brian was the song mastermind?

The great irony of your lyrics is that you’re doing it all for tone and I’m sure you’ll be tweaking your knobs, reverb, chorus and compression plenty!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: brillaint, absolute entertainment hats off​:+1::+1:

1 Like

More classic Larsen with a friend.

Thanks guys, that brought a big old smile to my face this morning.

And we see what it takes to get Richard and Lieven replying in AVOYP :rofl: So take note, if my lax moderation may encourage you to take a liberty or two, they are always watching :joy:

Enjoy the amps guys, keep a twisting the knobs

1 Like

Hi Brian and Stefan,
To be honest, I just said to my wife “let’s listen to them kill a song without practicing.” :roll_eyes:

But apart from the fact that it was a lot of fun to watch…really made me laugh…it also sounded good :smiley: :sunglasses: :partying_face: :clap: :clap: :clap:… That Kantana is a miracle amplifier :laughing:

Greetings

(and for the next time…the filling in between are simple triads Dm-C- Dm-C-G-F :smiley:)

2 Likes

BIG BIG smile on my face this morning! Thanks guys, you made my day! The transition from virtuality to reality sometimes is closer than expected…
Thanks for sharing! :green_heart:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Haha, innit though :grinning:
@LievenDV Thank you, kindly, good Sir :grinning:
@glpguitar We love you too :kissing_heart:
@sclay Cheers mate

Haha, you’re not the only one… Yesterday was my day 666 in our new community-
How Rock’n’roll can you get? :metal: :smiling_imp:
@CATMAN62 Ta Todd. I’m actually pretty harmless :laughing:

@jkahn Haha, I wasn’t gonna put up with the ‘newbie Antipods’ having all the fun of meetups.
Yes, you should never listen to what I actually say.sing :rofl:
@CD02 Cheers, Craig. Glad you enjoyed :grinning:
Cheers @DavidP I always feel safe with my 3 musketeers breathing down the back of my neck :wink:
@roger_holland I used to kill them softly… :wink:
Triads- schmiads… If I wanted it to sound better, I’d do the whole Gilmour solo :rofl:
@Helen0609 Guten Morgen, Andrea, und vielen dank :grinning:

4 Likes

It was wonderful to meet the great man himself @brianlarsen and to be able to spend an hour or so chatting and jamming with him, which I have to say went far to quickly. There is no way you could of outstayed your welcome. Next time I’ll come to yours. :slight_smile:

@sairfingers Gordon, thanks for the listen and as soon as Brian had departed I got my ultraviolet light out to check each note. :smiley:

@Eddie_09 Thank you Eddie, we decided that great entertainment is the way forward.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner True that Toby. That was my first community meet up and my first ever jam session. It makes one thirsty for more.

@LievenDV Thanks Lieven, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

@glpguitar Thank you, it has to be one of the best in the world.

@sclay Thanks Shane, it was a great buzz, especially once I’d got into it, though I was a tiny bit nervous at the very beginning but that soon passed.

@CATMAN62 They are very cool Tod and I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. Thank you for the listen.

@Richard_close2u Thank you Richard, it’s the best thing I’ve put out there in a long time :smiley: Though that is going to change.

@jkahn Thanks JK and yes, you are correct it was all Mr Larsen’s work. I did have a crack at changing one line of the lyrics but I don’t know why I bothered. :joy: Haha yeah that is very true, though not much knob twiddling went on yesterday as I think we were too keen to get the recording done.

4 Likes

@CD02 Thank you Craig, I’ve just watched it back and it’s not too bad.

@DavidP I’m glad to read that David :+1: “always watching” a scary thought. :smiley: I have been twiddling the knobs on my new Katana quite a bit and have actually done a couple of tones myself for some songs I’m learning. I have @Majik Keith to thank for that by pushing me to experiment.

@roger_holland How rude :stuck_out_tongue: I thought we were better than, The Floyd :smiley: I have to say, I’m quite impressed with the sound, especially for a non fiddle, non setup, let’s just get on with it one take.

@Helen0609 I’m glad we were able to do that Andrea and yes it is closer than expected but that is all thanks to Brian driving on over to mine.

4 Likes

:smile:

I’m so glad we see you here again…I saw the forum guidelines the day before yesterday and it stated very clearly… Community Etiquette and Rules

I can’t be the only one who thought…From now on, poor Stefan might just cover vague songs that no one knows with a sloppy guitar style wearing wigs … so no creepy :ant: :spider: :fly: in the brain from Brian :crossed_fingers:

But it even seems like you’ve been a good influence :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Greetings :blush:

2 Likes