We Don't Need No Amplifiers (Double Boss Mix)

Hi Brian and Stefan,
To be honest, I just said to my wife “let’s listen to them kill a song without practicing.” :roll_eyes:

But apart from the fact that it was a lot of fun to watch…really made me laugh…it also sounded good :smiley: :sunglasses: :partying_face: :clap: :clap: :clap:… That Kantana is a miracle amplifier :laughing:

Greetings

(and for the next time…the filling in between are simple triads Dm-C- Dm-C-G-F :smiley:)

2 Likes

BIG BIG smile on my face this morning! Thanks guys, you made my day! The transition from virtuality to reality sometimes is closer than expected…
Thanks for sharing! :green_heart:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Haha, innit though :grinning:
@LievenDV Thank you, kindly, good Sir :grinning:
@glpguitar We love you too :kissing_heart:
@sclay Cheers mate

Haha, you’re not the only one… Yesterday was my day 666 in our new community-
How Rock’n’roll can you get? :metal: :smiling_imp:
@CATMAN62 Ta Todd. I’m actually pretty harmless :laughing:

@jkahn Haha, I wasn’t gonna put up with the ‘newbie Antipods’ having all the fun of meetups.
Yes, you should never listen to what I actually say.sing :rofl:
@CD02 Cheers, Craig. Glad you enjoyed :grinning:
Cheers @DavidP I always feel safe with my 3 musketeers breathing down the back of my neck :wink:
@roger_holland I used to kill them softly… :wink:
Triads- schmiads… If I wanted it to sound better, I’d do the whole Gilmour solo :rofl:
@Helen0609 Guten Morgen, Andrea, und vielen dank :grinning:

4 Likes

It was wonderful to meet the great man himself @brianlarsen and to be able to spend an hour or so chatting and jamming with him, which I have to say went far to quickly. There is no way you could of outstayed your welcome. Next time I’ll come to yours. :slight_smile:

@sairfingers Gordon, thanks for the listen and as soon as Brian had departed I got my ultraviolet light out to check each note. :smiley:

@Eddie_09 Thank you Eddie, we decided that great entertainment is the way forward.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner True that Toby. That was my first community meet up and my first ever jam session. It makes one thirsty for more.

@LievenDV Thanks Lieven, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

@glpguitar Thank you, it has to be one of the best in the world.

@sclay Thanks Shane, it was a great buzz, especially once I’d got into it, though I was a tiny bit nervous at the very beginning but that soon passed.

@CATMAN62 They are very cool Tod and I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. Thank you for the listen.

@Richard_close2u Thank you Richard, it’s the best thing I’ve put out there in a long time :smiley: Though that is going to change.

@jkahn Thanks JK and yes, you are correct it was all Mr Larsen’s work. I did have a crack at changing one line of the lyrics but I don’t know why I bothered. :joy: Haha yeah that is very true, though not much knob twiddling went on yesterday as I think we were too keen to get the recording done.

4 Likes

@CD02 Thank you Craig, I’ve just watched it back and it’s not too bad.

@DavidP I’m glad to read that David :+1: “always watching” a scary thought. :smiley: I have been twiddling the knobs on my new Katana quite a bit and have actually done a couple of tones myself for some songs I’m learning. I have @Majik Keith to thank for that by pushing me to experiment.

@roger_holland How rude :stuck_out_tongue: I thought we were better than, The Floyd :smiley: I have to say, I’m quite impressed with the sound, especially for a non fiddle, non setup, let’s just get on with it one take.

@Helen0609 I’m glad we were able to do that Andrea and yes it is closer than expected but that is all thanks to Brian driving on over to mine.

4 Likes

:smile:

I’m so glad we see you here again…I saw the forum guidelines the day before yesterday and it stated very clearly… Community Etiquette and Rules

I can’t be the only one who thought…From now on, poor Stefan might just cover vague songs that no one knows with a sloppy guitar style wearing wigs … so no creepy :ant: :spider: :fly: in the brain from Brian :crossed_fingers:

But it even seems like you’ve been a good influence :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Greetings :blush:

2 Likes

If it only was wigs…hopefully the preference for obscure costumes doesn’t rub off… :see_no_evil: :joy:!

1 Like

:grin:
I actually edited myself because I didn’t want to keep reminding Brian of his “childhood sins” :smile: (even though it was so recently that it was actually quite possible :thinking:), but the image of seeing those two guys in lingerie today was for the early morning just a bit too much :joy: (so by not typing it I hoped to quickly forget it… So thanks but no thanks(? I have no idea if that is the correct translation :grin:) for getting those thoughts into my brain. :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :scream:…again :rofl:)

1 Like

To be honest it is a little to cold in the UK at the moment for me to be donning my cheeky little baby doll number. Maybe next time. :smiley:

2 Likes

Are you trying to tell us, that we can hope for more when winter is over :rofl:?

1 Like

Morning, Stefan. Happily playing with my new toy this morning :grinning:
Funny how ‘the continentals’ can stage a ‘race to the bass’ (or lowest form of denominator)’ in any thread…
I wouldn’t encourage them :rofl:

1 Like

I’m glad you are pleased with it Brian. :slight_smile:

Yes, that is very true but I knew what they were like, I used to watch Eurotrash. :rofl:

1 Like

Who knows Andrea, it may just pop up in an AVOYP one warm, summers day. :smiley:

1 Like

What an awesome treat you gave me with your little performance :star_struck:. After a night with an ill kid in my bed, constantly waking me up, this was exactly what I needed to find the joy of this day :blush:.
So great that you managed to meet in person :smiley:!

2 Likes

Super stuff guys. Brian did Stefan give you a free plectrum with the amplifier? :thinking:

1 Like

@NicoleKKB I’m glad you enjoyed it Nicole. It was great fun doing it. I hope your youngling is feeling better soon.

@Socio Thanks James. :rofl: I did offer him one but he gave me such a look I sheepishly put the plectrum away. :smiley:

2 Likes

@SgtColon You certainly got more than your moneys worth out of that amplifier with a jamming session with Brian

2 Likes

Brian and Stefan, that was just a great and entertaining listen - must have been even more enjoyable for the two of you to have jam together! :smiley:

Thanks for sharing a tiny bit of the fun with us - made my day a little brighter. :smiley:

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :+1: :partying_face:

Yeah, that was brilliant, guys! I’m still tapping my foot and surely have an earworm for the rest of the day :grin:

You are an awesome team / band :guitar: :guitar:

And the great lyrics :rofl: … What a mastermind!
But 2:33 min are just too short for such an incredible stuff …
Wish you were here playing much, much longer :wink:

2 Likes

Nicely played. Very entertaining and funny.

2 Likes