What are you currently listening to? 2022

Lol! Thank you. I think i’m really in for a treat indeed.
From what i’ve heard so far, the bone machine and mule variations, i’m liking it very much!!

1 Like

Great share Luka. Another great track from Marcus and Sandra. And I am sure @Patthebunny would appreciate the name call as well.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Ahem. Sandmarx and me (singing, and wrote the lyrics) You are allowed to find this amusing, I do. I also don’t think it’s a bad song.

[Stream ButterandJam by PatTroise | Listen online for free on SoundCloud ]

I don’t think this is the original vocal, but good enough for a shout out.

3 Likes

Sounds great Pat

1 Like

Good stuff, you rock🤘🏻

@GrytPipe’s beautiful red guitar made me think of this Laurie Anderson song I used to listen to a lot.
Fab artist. First proper gig I ever went to and no subsequent concerts have ever really surpassed the experience…

2 Likes

I read Patthebunny, but I hear Mr. Mojo Risin’ breaking on thru’ from the other side :fire: :sunglasses: :smiling_imp:

If my guitar ever would have a voice, it would be hers. Somehow, it’s very fitting.
Thank you for the link. Great song. I’ll be looking into this.

This dropped into my YT recommendations a couple of days ago and I just got around to listening. OK so this is a radio interview and not a great deal of music here but what there is, is classic.

Last week saw the 45th anniversary of the fatal plane crash that decimated Lynyrd Skynyrd, with the deaths of band members Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines and Cassie Gaines. And although the band later reformed, it was never quite going to be the same.

The recording was made in 1987 ten years after the plane crash and features Gary Rossington and Ed King talking about the origins of the band, the influence of British rock and how some of their iconic songs came about.

If you are into Skynyrd you may find it interesting.

Oh dear, now this popped up and I am into a enticing rabbit warren. A song and video I can relate to, as I was playing a campfire version yesterday and the bike’s in the garage behind !

I’m listening to My way, by F. Sinatra :blush::heart_eyes::blush:

1 Like

Very interesting song. Audience loved it, Sinatra hated it.

1 Like

Had a day messing with the bass(es) and needed an evening chill, southern style. So gone back in time again, dug out some Blackfoot and just played a Greatest Hits compilation album. Decided to fish around on YT for some old footage from back in the day. :sunglasses:

1 Like

And one thing leads to another.

A lesson from the pros !!

I guess this is why one man and one guitar will never replicate the original plus its the longest version of Freebird I’ve encountered and I have many versions in my LS collection. The “lesson” kicks in at 12:16 so its around 27 minutes in all but a great break down of this iconic song. I love the “slow” section. Yeah right, slow ? You are kidding me !!

Guess this must have been recorded around 2010 as God & Guns came out in 2009. The song Still Unbroken is the first track on the album and I guess one of my favourites tracks as it seems to capture the essence of the band before that fatal plane crash. So I have added the original below, while I take in the album once again, :sunglasses:

1 Like

Favourite cover of this song, great vocals and Megan’s lapsteel playing is fantastic

4 Likes

Check out Leo’s version of Ballroom Blitz. It’s AWESOME!

1 Like

Happened to be at the PC when by chance the GnR power ballad Estranged popped into mind. Found this recent performance. Some great footage of Slash that us aspiring guitar-players can study.

2 Likes

Played out, chilled out, nowt on TV. Hooray for YouTube ! :sunglasses:

1 Like
1 Like

From disaster good things can blossom, RCB were one such thing in '79. Yep after wall to wall LS there is still carp on the tv, why do we bother ? Been a while since I went down the Rossington Collins road. So poured a Scotch n Coke put the cans on and hit the loud dial.

1 Like